Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Community driven Bug&Issue Tracker (CIT) for ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead and ARMA 2

Are You going to use CIT ?  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Are You going to use CIT ?

• Yes - I would like help developers to easily find and fix my issue
    • No - I'm not interested in helping developers

Hi, i've observed may "issues" that i would call bugs, in the ArmA2, they're there too after patch the game to the 1.07; mainly things like missing parts on LODs (i.e: the M1911 front sight = not pressent.) or shadows bugs on the units (i.e: USMC officer's cap don't haves shadow), this model don't have chest pockets on his jacket and neither on his sleeves. And are some more like this, i've also issues with the keys not responding in game and i've a "small issue" with the OA single (training) missions as i don't have an specific key to crouch, so i can't pass the 1St stage = closed access to OA's armoury. This kind of things that don't make CTDs or entire break the game... are issues that report in the CTI? or we should do it here, in the forums instead?. Let's C ya

Yes, while minor those would all be actual bugs imo, aside from the ones about pockets and crouching. Especially if they can be reproduced on another players machine, then for sure they are universal bugs. (like i have verified that the shadow is missing for the hat)

The pockets inclusion was the artists choice when BIS made the model, I don't see how this is a bug at all. If it was posted, it would pretty quickly be assigned into a feature request I bet. The last one about crouching, um, set a key to crouching? That sounds like a user configuration issue, the game expects you to have a key bound to it. If you don't want to do it, then while in the mission, hold down left shift and type: numpad -, e, n ,d, m, i, s, s, i, o, n (without the commas, all while holding left shift) What that will do is pass the mission successfully. Dunno if it works for what you are talking about. I find it simpler to use the mission editor to test things rather than the armory.

I too had some LOD issues with the betas that became 1.07 and 1.07 itself. Especially certain weapons held by other units appearing to be square and malformed up close. (very low LOD) This has also started happening in recent OA betas. The front sights being missing may be a part of this overall LOD issue, or something else..(I can't understand why the game would show low LOD models for the players 1st person gun, it shouldn't do that afaik) If you run very low graphics settings, be sure to mention that if you report it or find the existing ticket. I looked at the 1911 and it appears normal in my 1.07 A2, it has a front sight even though it is a bit low. (the camera alignment is a little bit off, it's hard to see)

Cheers

Edited by oktane

Hi, with all or most the settings on high, this is how i see the M1911 A1 front sight in the ArmA2 and OA:

ArmA2_bug.jpg

I'll call that a bug... the problem to reproduce some of the other issues that i've, is that some are not easy to reproduce AFAIK... like the keybinds issue... i'd configured the game (ArmA2 and OA) as the ArmA, same kybinds for same functions; but for example the switch fire modes key don't works most (like %80) of the times as soldier on foot... and never work as gunner on tanks and APCs/IFVs, like on the LAV III or the AAV7A1 so i don't know how to reproduce this issue that i've with the keys other than copy and paste my entire game's config, where everything looks normal to me. Let's C ya

Hi, with all or most the settings on high, this is how i see the M1911 A1 front sight in the ArmA2 and OA:

please do not quote images!

I'll call that a bug... the problem to reproduce some of the other issues that i've, is that some are not easy to reproduce AFAIK... like the keybinds issue... i'd configured the game (ArmA2 and OA) as the ArmA, same kybinds for same functions; but for example the switch fire modes key don't works most (like %80) of the times as soldier on foot... and never work as gunner on tanks and APCs/IFVs, like on the LAV III or the AAV7A1 so i don't know how to reproduce this issue that i've with the keys other than copy and paste my entire game's config, where everything looks normal to me. Let's C ya

Sort of off-topic, but what is that little radar thing with the names at the bottom of your screenshot? Is that some mod?

Edited by W0lle

Hi, yeah man, it's a great mod/addon made by zx64 called: ShackTac Fireteam HUD. And can be found here: - ShackTac Fireteam HUD v100715.

It looks great and do a great job, i've only try it in SP on the 1St missions of the campaign (of the ArmA2) and is really usefull, but if you load a save game... it don't shows up again; i hope that they fix that little issue, improves very much the game play. Let's C ya

Quick Bug report Arma2 OA combo.

Don't know if any one mentioned a small graphics issue with some of the Mi8 helicopters?

Empty ones when started up ,the hub starts to spin about 4 seconds before the blades giving a weird tangle effect.

Quick Bug report Arma2 OA combo.

Don't know if any one mentioned a small graphics issue with some of the Mi8 helicopters?

Empty ones when started up ,the hub starts to spin about 4 seconds before the blades giving a weird tangle effect.

already fixed ;) please try using search on the CIT :cool:

I tried to register for the CIT but it asks for a wave account...I dont have one nor do i know what that is....any help??

I tried to register for the CIT but it asks for a wave account...I dont have one nor do i know what that is....any help??

it should not be needed, and it's Google Wave

This is an bug, the A-10s AA warning system does not work properly. I dont get an buzz or an indicator of an M on radar nor does it flash red on the indicator. F-35 indicator works with its flashing red but does not show the M or buzz.

I cant even log into the site! Iv register and got in then click back out and had to log back in, and it says wrong user or password? I i cant even get it to give me my password!

Edited by 1in1class
need

Sorry but I am not going through all the issue tracker stuff so I will report it here. Take it or leave it :)

I notice that the FN AL rifle does not have a consistent sound. When I fire a few clips some rounds sounds sound more like a M16. So its a mix of brighter sounds and heavyer sounds now.

Ya try to log into the CIT tracker sit but cant. Hope that somebody has took up on note of the A-10 and F-35 AA warning system thats not working properly.

what browser you tried ? it works fine for me in IE8 and Firefox

I got IE8, i cant log into the site. I got in once and had to log out then i try to log back in and it says wrong user or password.

Trampoline Rocks ( I will make a CIT on this)

Noticing my squad member or other members lying prone on rocks in OA and dying from it.

They are unable to walk, roll or run off the rocks.

Sometimes as a sniper, I want to lay prone on a rock, but end up dying after bouncing up and down about a 100 times.

Sorry, I searched this and found nothing.

Trampoline Rocks ( I will make a CIT on this)

Noticing my squad member or other members lying prone on rocks in OA and dying from it.

They are unable to walk, roll or run off the rocks.

Sometimes as a sniper, I want to lay prone on a rock, but end up dying after bouncing up and down about a 100 times.

Sorry, I searched this and found nothing.

Yeah, I died multiple times my self from that, sometimes I can get out of the bounce loop by moving backwards in prone. Also pretty hard to kill a bouncing AI sniper from 500 meters.

Sorry but I am not going through all the issue tracker stuff so I will report it here. Take it or leave it :)

Leave it it shall be then...? :raisebrow:

Yet i still cant log into the CIT site, so i can post the A-10 and F35 bug! Would be nice to have some help on this!

Everytime I'm in the chopper and order my team to get in the chopper with me, one of them runs towards the rear of the chopper and gets killled by the blades...

Hi, i've noticed a weird bug on the ArmA2 related to the player's head model, no matters if you use a custom face or one of the predefined faces on the player's profile; is this:

The Thing:

ArmA2_bug_01.jpg

Happens or it's noticeable when you're in contact with smoke, from a smoke nade as seen on the screenshot or from an explosion. I don't remember if it happens too with the OA or CO as i've uninstalled the OA due to extremely low performance and display issues with the OA. This are my system specs:

DX Diagnosys:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 6/30/2010, 23:53:20

Machine name: Whatever

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514)

Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: 965P-DS3P

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 520MB used, 2908MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 285

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E3&SUBSYS_12853842&REV_A1

Display Memory: 1024.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Monitor Plug and Play

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0012.5721 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 6/8/2010 01:57:00, 6300544 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: no disponible

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

Mini VDD Date: 6/8/2010 01:57:00, 10531200 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-46A3-11CF-AB4D-893200C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x05E3

SubSys ID: 0x12853842

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D

Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

-------------

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: Realtek HD Audio output

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_1458E601&REV_1000

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: RtkHDAud.sys

Driver Version: 5.10.0000.5282 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Date and Size: 7/24/2006 10:15:04, 4353024 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

HW Accel Level: Full

Cap Flags: 0xF5F

Min/Max Sample Rate: 8000, 192000

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 33, 32

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 33, 32

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: No

EAX 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

I3DL2 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

Sensaura ZoomFX: No

Registry: OK

Sound Test Result: Not run

Internet Connection: 6Mb/400Kb wifi.

And by the way, i don't gonna use the CTI report form not because i don't want to help BIS to find out bugs and fix things, i don't gonna use it because it's messy as hell, takes too long and it's unnecessary complex. I've updated my Nvidia Drivers to the latest 258.96 and haven't seen any change on any of the games or programs that i've on the computer.

Other thing... i don't know if that bug have something to do with the huge difference (to worst) beteween the ArmA custom faces shape and the ArmA2 custom faces, while in the ArmA they looked good, had the true colours that you seen on the .jpg in the ArmA2 you don't see the same on the player's profile than in game, could related to the head model... to some property of the head model... or to the specular maps; i don't know, but now on the ArmA2 the custom faces suck once in game; and that annoys me. Let's C ya

wipman CIT form messy as hell and takes too long ?

hell most of the fields are not needed ...

1. create account

2. fill form (only what's you think it's needed so just description and some checkbox)

3. attach files if it's crash or screenshot or video

over ...

in fact forum post is more mess than the CIT reprot

when You look on it from easy to use point of view ...

Unable to get in to dev heaven due to bad gateway error so sorry if this question causes annoyance. Is there any word about the fixing of the enemy vehicle detection range of the mi-24's, currently it's still approx 800m was hoping for fix in latest patch but no cigar. This as been a issue since ARMA2, I believe and really puts OPFOR at a disadvantage. On a up note BIS you are to be congratulated for the latest version and the brilliant implementation of the DLC Brit lite system.

Unable to get in to dev heaven due to bad gateway error so sorry if this question causes annoyance. Is there any word about the fixing of the enemy vehicle detection range of the mi-24's, currently it's still approx 800m was hoping for fix in latest patch but no cigar. This as been a issue since ARMA2, I believe and really puts OPFOR at a disadvantage. On a up note BIS you are to be congratulated for the latest version and the brilliant implementation of the DLC Brit lite system.

the MI-24 serie radar fix is on schedule so don't worry ...

I ahve noticed that if you are kneeling with your weapons readied, your body is completely still. Ya know that nice little body swing anim is not working.

well... i tried with firefox,opera,IE8, and flock.. but i still unable to load to dev-heaven.. soo im goin to post in here,, sorry if this botherin u guys..

i always had CTD when im goin to play on campaign, scenario and multiplayer,, only on those part..

these are the file

http://www.mediafire.com/?l8j7xmx53bn1pp5

thnx

Can't access the site, so it can go here. It's been posted in the troubleshooting thread, but has slipped off the front page (I found it by extensive googling on the subject):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=106407

Basic tripod bags are not in the backpack menu in the editor. Static placed weapons can be broken down into mortar + tripod sets, but a bagged mortar (for example) given to a player, or left for them to collect is useless, as we can no longer give/place the tripod required to assemble it for use. OP tested better than I did though, I just came across it by accident while toying with mortar packs and static weapons just now. :)