Sign in to follow this  
pipscouse

Keyboard Recommendations Please

As per title. I am looking to buy a new keyboard and was thinking about a dedicated gaming k/b. So far I can't decide between Logitech G15 or Microsoft X6. What do you guys think about these two; or can you recommend another model? Many thanks

I loves me my Logitech G-15! Though I have the original blue one instead of the smaller orange one there.

I've never had luck with Microsoft hardware, but Logitech has always been quality for me.

I can recommend the G15 because I use it. It's a great keyboard.

Can't say much about other keyboards though.

I love my G15. I have an older V1(?) one though. Something about the new ones I don't like, but will buy one if mine ever craps out.

I love my G15. I have an older V1(?) one though. Something about the new ones I don't like, but will buy one if mine ever craps out.

Same here, I find the blue one much more appealing. :)

G15 is looking like the baby then, but will go V2 as V1 is ages old now. One further question. Does it run OK with Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium?

Functionally speaking the V1 is arguably better since it has more hotkeys. :) But yes, either version runs just fine in Windows 7 64bit.

Go with the sidewinder x6. It is very comfortable when tipping, the background lighting is very useful and you can change the intensity, also the wasd keys have additional lighting.. The volume slider is great as well. And the fact that you can take the numpad and plug it in on the other side is just great, you will be able to type and play much more comfortable. It's not to expensive, you have a great working makro recording feature and the cruise control button is very useful, especially in arma were you walk a lot. you also have trillions of makro buttons if you need them.

And to be serious, who needs a display.

I use the Sidewinder x6 and I am very satisfied.

Mmmm. Any more for the X6? It is half the price. This could be fun!

Edited by pipscouse

I'm really liking this new Logitech K320. The key layout is proper and the key action is quietish and tactile (full stroke.) I really never use those extra "G-key" things. With 107 keys on a normal keyboard give or take an extra 10 for game functions isn't so necessary.

I have a G-11 , G-13 , G-7 and a G-9. I must say there really is no other choice for I/O devices. I have had two different Microsoft key board as well as a host of others that I have forgotten. The Logitech puts em all to shame.

Das Keyboard

Ultimately though Keyboard is all about preference. Some people like a clicking action (like me) yet some people like having tons of extra features such as you have with the G15.

I'm quite fond of the X6. Except for some non-standard button size/placement that takes a while to get used to, and the laggy volume control in Win7 after installing the keyboard software, it's a really good basic gaming keyboard that doesn't take two square meters of deskspace and it's cheap too. I've had mine for two years.

Logitech G15 v1 or G11 v1 they all have 18 (*3) macro keys. New versions are ripped out versions. I own both and the LCD display of the G15 adds some info if you use downloadable applets. Both are good.

But they are also a USB keyboards so if you overclock/use BIOS alot you would be better with some PS2 keyboard. Like with all G-series USB keyboards, mobos have difficulties to post with a working USB keyboard: usually i have to go all to the way to the windows until USB keyboard starts working.

Edited by Väinämöinen

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500.

It has all the keys I need, plus you can launch stuff from the media keys like explorer, calculator, email and internet. Should set you back about $10.

I'd stick with wired keyboards, no batteries to worry about or weird sensor resets.

Das Keyboard

Ultimately though Keyboard is all about preference. Some people like a clicking action (like me) yet some people like having tons of extra features such as you have with the G15.

I love my Das Keyboard, one of the best purchases I've ever made. It's a real pleasure to use.

I love that i can turn of the windows key with my g15, no more dropping out of game in a fire fight :) the back lightings great and can be turned off, also has a mute key for the sound, the lcd screen is great, i have it monitoring my cpu and ram.

I love that i can turn of the windows key with my g15, no more dropping out of game in a fire fight :) the back lightings great and can be turned off, also has a mute key for the sound, the lcd screen is great, i have it monitoring my cpu and ram.

For the G15 keyboard I can recommend SirReals Panel. It gives you an overview of the time, network and CPU+RAM usage by default and can show TS2/3 info (who is talking), system temperature info from SpeedFan and FRAPS info aswell. :)

A very big thank you to all who took the trouble to reply. I am still sold on the G15 (and thanks for the addition of the SirReals tip MadDogX)

I have a G-11 , G-13 , G-7 and a G-9. I must say there really is no other choice for I/O devices. I have had two different Microsoft key board as well as a host of others that I have forgotten. The Logitech puts em all to shame.

Out of the Logi's you have which is best?Is G13 better?I would imagine it can map alot more to the left hand without resorting to playing Twister with ones fingers