Sign in to follow this  
bboy

[OA] Take a flight with the L39ZA

bboy proudly presents,

my first mission, Morning Heat.

First of all i want to thank you for downloading this mission... I hope that you will enjoy to play...

My nick is bboy, you can find me often on Bohemia Forums... I'm playing this game for along time (first Flashpoint, then Armed Assault, Arma 2, Operation Arrowhead), but this is my first official mission that i decided to share with you...

Reason to make this kind of mission is because, like all of you, i like to play first person shooter, to be a soldier and to go into missions.... But also, i like to fly. And i like the way how the Bohemia prepare that for us. When i buy OA, first thing that i did is to try all the vehicles. And then i found that beautiful plane under OPFOR, Takistani Army, L39ZA... When i try him, i said... my first aero mission will be with that plane! I hope that this mission will not disturb someones feeling or that what i write in briefing. This mission is under OPFOR, so you can guess who is the enemy... And i did it because of the plane, which is under OPFOR... After all, this is only a game...

Briefing, Missions and other you can find when you start the mission... I will really appreciate every sugestion, every advice, every thing that you liked or what you dont like with this mission. Everything you can send me on my e-mail. Keep on mind that is my first mission, and i hope that i'll make more... Probably i made some mistakes with my bad english (i work on that), so don't be mad... I want to thank all the people from Bohemia Forums who help me to solve the problems and to realise this mission. Enjoy!

bboy

http://sharebee.com/0db5f4f5

Edited by bboy

-Ziggy-;1683713']I share your inspiration with OA' date=' Takistan, and that nice jet ;)

fun mission

[YOUTUBE']gYjKy8FuxMk[/YOUTUBE]

Oaaaa! First enthusiasm! Did you like it? By the way, great video man!

Edited by bboy

Oaaaa! First enthusiasm! Did you like it? By the way, great video man!

did you use fog or a pre-set view distance? I would have liked more viewdistance.

I'd suggest saving autosaving the game once the second to last plane takes off (use a trigger with saveGame; as the OnAct) so that if you suck at taking off like I do, you don't have to sit through the briefing, taxi and takes offs again. :)

-Ziggy-;1683935']did you use fog or a pre-set view distance? I would have liked more viewdistance.

I didn't use nothing. My viewdistance was set about 2500' date=' and that's it. But if you saw, it's the early morning in the mission.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

I'd suggest saving autosaving the game once the second to last plane takes off (use a trigger with saveGame; as the OnAct) so that if you suck at taking off like I do, you don't have to sit through the briefing, taxi and takes offs again. :)

I was thinking to do that, but later, if i did it, and if you get killed in the mission, you need to fly over whole Takistan to get into the combat, so i decided to be more closer... Any way, during testing of the mission, i never crach my plane on take off, like is writed: "We are not rich country, you should better care about our equipement!" ;)

Edited by bboy

just played it,some questions come to my mind ...

first,nice to fly that thing

second,only 1 player?you got 4 jets,so why not make it a 4 human player possibility

third,i m marked as enemy on map,so is my AIjets team,the base installations

fourth,i get no enemy lock/trigger to attack em,nor do they fire at me at all - basically im just flying endless (havnt played till end)

Is this mission supposed to be SP only?

thumbs up

great mission.

blinding light when u approch target or landing at base depend on which way u go which make it much more difficult n fun great thinking there, finished it a couple times, no bug found GJ

just played it,some questions come to my mind ...

first,nice to fly that thing

second,only 1 player?you got 4 jets,so why not make it a 4 human player possibility

third,i m marked as enemy on map,so is my AIjets team,the base installations

fourth,i get no enemy lock/trigger to attack em,nor do they fire at me at all - basically im just flying endless (havnt played till end)

Is this mission supposed to be SP only?

thumbs up

My favorite games at all are Operation Flashpoint, Armed Assault, Arma 2, and of course... Operation Arrowhead. Why? Because they are realistic. So... in the real life, you have only ONE life... That makes mission more difficult to play, and makes you more to think... In OA if you chose Blufor, you are blue... if you chose Opfor you are red... no matter if you are player or enemy... And of course, other AI (L39ZA) are part of your tem, and they helping you i think... i dont know about lock/trigger, in any case... you have only machinegun and unguided missiles, so you dont need that ;)... Play till end, maybe you like it...

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

great mission.

blinding light when u approch target or landing at base depend on which way u go which make it much more difficult n fun great thinking there, finished it a couple times, no bug found GJ

Thank you J Rock, i appreciate this...

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

-Ziggy-;1684657']yeah' date=' open the pilot slots up to be playable ! good suggestion.[/quote']

i was thinking to left this mission only for single player... it's medium difficult by me... If i make the same mission for CO, that not gonna be that interesting... Maybe next mission... :)

Great mission; sheer satification when you actually HIT an A10 in a dogfight.

One thing though - the mission never "ended" for me. We destroyed EVERYTHING in the airfield, the leader of the group eventually returned to our base got out of his plane and stood on the tarmac. But nothing happened. When I left my plane he kept telling me to get back in it. Is there no end state?

Great mission; sheer satification when you actually HIT an A10 in a dogfight.

One thing though - the mission never "ended" for me. We destroyed EVERYTHING in the airfield, the leader of the group eventually returned to our base got out of his plane and stood on the tarmac. But nothing happened. When I left my plane he kept telling me to get back in it. Is there no end state?

It should be end... If you destroyed everything on the airfield and maybe some A10 who menage to take off from the airfield, when you go back to the main base, end when you get out from the plane, you should see on the screen "Mission Succesfull!". And after about 10 sec, briefing screen (mission end...)

My favorite games at all are Operation Flashpoint, Armed Assault, Arma 2, and of course... Operation Arrowhead. Why? Because they are realistic. So... in the real life, you have only ONE life... That makes mission more difficult to play, and makes you more to think... In OA if you chose Blufor, you are blue... if you chose Opfor you are red... no matter if you are player or enemy... And of course, other AI (L39ZA) are part of your tem, and they helping you i think... i dont know about lock/trigger, in any case... you have only machinegun and unguided missiles, so you dont need that ;)... Play till end, maybe you like it...

nah,i m not mocking about the 1 life (its perfect) i just thougt of a ability to play it with 3 more players

thumbs up

Great mission mate, I had no problems with it at all it had great presentation briefing, intro, working task hints and it was fun to play something so different for a change (I personally don't use the Vehicles much in Arma), so well done and thanks a bunch!!! I'll be looking out for your next mission

Great mission mate, I had no problems with it at all it had great presentation briefing, intro, working task hints and it was fun to play something so different for a change (I personally don't use the Vehicles much in Arma), so well done and thanks a bunch!!! I'll be looking out for your next mission

Thank you man! I'm really feeling glad with all yours praise... My first missiooooon! I'm perfectionist, so i don't put nothing on the net if i'm not satisfied with that... But to tell you a truth, i spent really a lott of hours near computer to make that... Trying, testing, trying, changing... But nothing without Bohemia Forums... Good gaming! p.s. new mission in preparation... ;)

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

nah,i m not mocking about the 1 life (its perfect) i just thougt of a ability to play it with 3 more players

thumbs up

If i put option for 3 players or more, that mission it's not gonna be that interesting, less difficult, and really short... next time mate! ;)

bboy, great mission! I really enjoyed it:D

bboy, great mission! I really enjoyed it:D

Thank YOU man! Good gaming!

Here's my opinion on the mission:

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead [Morning Heat] L39ZA Jet Base Bombing [pt1] HD

bPsfPDQVv30

"...The 'mericans are amassing several F.O.B.s on the Northern border of our Takistan motherland!

Orders are to destroy enemy aircraft and any infrastructure at the Airport base of Rasman which is occupied by US/NATO forces..."

:rthumb:

I love this mission, thanks Bboy. I think you'll be surprised how many of us love a good 'fly boys' mission.

I love this mission, thanks Bboy. I think you'll be surprised how many of us love a good 'fly boys' mission.

Thank you people! There will be more of them...

I normally dont like flying planes in ArmA but this mission was totally cool Bboy. It was fun to play, not soo long, good ideas with the ambushes worked pretty well, and the planes was so oldschool cool! Thank you really much! Make more like this!

PS: Strangly after i succesfully completed the mission i didnt got a Green Check box in Scenarios screen? WTF?

Loved this mission - thank you!

1 suggestion - please make the repair/ammo/fuel trucks driveable, as its quite tricky to repair etc atm.

;1694519']I normally dont like flying planes in ArmA but this mission was totally cool Bboy. It was fun to play' date=' not soo long, good ideas with the ambushes worked pretty well, and the planes was so oldschool cool! Thank you really much! Make more like this!

PS: Strangly after i succesfully completed the mission i didnt got a Green Check box in Scenarios screen? WTF?[/quote']

Thank you for remind me... "Green Check box in Scenarios screen" is the unic thing that i didn't figure out how to get... If someone knows, please send...

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Loved this mission - thank you!

1 suggestion - please make the repair/ammo/fuel trucks driveable, as its quite tricky to repair etc atm.

I tryed to do that... But if you put drivers in the trucks, and even if they are not part of your group, even if they are individuals... the squad leader of your "Albatros" group can sometimes call for help... then they start to driving like crazy, off roud, on the runaway (which is bad...) and you never can find them on one spot... I tryed to put empty trucks near runway, but then the pilots had problems to take off...

hey bboy, just finished your mission! it is well done and the time of day is awesome to behold from a plane. I found it a bit too easy as there is no real threat to aircraft present ? but then again, maybe I was lucky. Good job, please make more aircraft missions :)

Thank you for remind me... "Green Check box in Scenarios screen" is the unic thing that i didn't figure out how to get... If someone knows, please send

Solution