Sign in to follow this  
NeoArmageddon

NeoArmegddon's Satchel Replacement

Have noticed that w/ missions w/ revive features (VTS3.5) after a player is killed and revived the "Satchel" feature in the action menu disappears until the mission is restarted.

Not sure what it would take, but would it be possible to alleviate this feature to allow reviving of fallen players instead of completely restarting a mission?

Have you got a satchel after restart? The menu wont show up, until you have a new satchel.

Nice concept!!

I would like the ability to toss a satchel a short distance, if possible. Lobbing one over a fence/wall was a common anti-tank tactic in WWII ( along with running to a safer location after tossing :) ). Not sure what exploit you are concerned about - could you explain that a bit?

Also - the ability to attach a charge to a vehicle would be superb. That feature was in another uber-popular mod ( thanks to Rocko for taking my suggestion at the time ) and it never seemed to cause any griping from the user base.

Also - the ability to attach a charge to a vehicle would be superb.

This mod gives you this ability^^

Not sure what exploit you are concerned about - could you explain that a bit?

Think about players in multiplayer PvP Games which can toss satchels... and all other players can not...

Have you got a satchel after restart? The menu wont show up, until you have a new satchel.

I had satchels in my inventory when killed. Upon revive, the satchel option disappeared from the action menu, but the satchels were still there.

I will test how dropping and then picking up the existing satchels in my inventory will affect the action menu option asap... didn't think to try that.

This mod gives you this ability^^

Think about players in multiplayer PvP Games which can toss satchels... and all other players can not...

Good to learn about attachments. Always enjoyed leaving a suprise for later.

Ok - some can throw and some cannot. Due to some not having the mod? If so, that's a server issue. Or am I still missing something?

Anyway - thanks for the quick responses Neo.

If the server allows it and they don't have it, their loss ;)

I've been playing with a throwable demo addon (as part of something bigger) for quite a while on my team's servers and everyone loves it. It's small and simple, strictly config based, if you want it just let me know. Engineers and SF can convert a regular satchel to a throwable (with a pre-set 10s fuse) and back. Then anybody that has the item can throw it like a big, heavy, short range grenade.

Then anybody that has the item can throw it like a big, heavy, short range grenade.

A custom grenade clas sin config will break multiplayercompatiblity.

This addon is intend for coop games and I want it to be clientsside only, so people with and without this addon can still play together.

But this "clientside only" will make this addon a great cheat in PvP and I dont want people to abuse my addon, so this addon should be fair compared with the vanilla satchels.

If the server admin allows the addon's signature then it's not a cheat.

Just my 2c.

Works very well and from my regular PvP server there's quite a bit of intrest in this mod! A bug that I have found is that after you die in Warfare BE, you can no longer access the "satchels" menu. So you can place down satchels but cannot set them off or set timers. However another player can touch them off by using the appropriate channel.

Edit: Rebuying satchels does not appear to fix this.

Also, should this be used in a PvP enviroment, would both sides share both channel sets? Eg, If a blufor puts down a Ch2 bomb, a redfor could set it off by triggering Ch2?

Edited by Xerxes-17

Also, should this be used in a PvP enviroment, would both sides share both channel sets? Eg, If a blufor puts down a Ch2 bomb, a redfor could set it off by triggering Ch2?

Yeah can just imagine all BLUFOR with a satchel in their hands and one OPFOR on a hill sniggering to himself when he depresses the detonator and see's all the BLUFOR wiped out.

But on Topic its a good idea and i would love to see the toss satchel option.

I had satchels in my inventory when killed. Upon revive, the satchel option disappeared from the action menu, but the satchels were still there.

I will test how dropping and then picking up the existing satchels in my inventory will affect the action menu option asap... didn't think to try that.

Finally had a chance to try this. Upon dieing and respawning, satchel option disappears from action menu and will not return regardless of player's actions. I tried dropping the old satchels and picking them back up, I tried clearing my inventory and picking up NEW satchels from an ammo crate... none brought back the action menu option.

Testing using VTS3.5: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94350&page=25

If the server allows it and they don't have it, their loss ;)

I've been playing with a throwable demo addon (as part of something bigger) for quite a while on my team's servers and everyone loves it. It's small and simple, strictly config based, if you want it just let me know. Engineers and SF can convert a regular satchel to a throwable (with a pre-set 10s fuse) and back. Then anybody that has the item can throw it like a big, heavy, short range grenade.

That sounds good Robalo! Could you post the add-on somewhere please?

Kremator: Sure, I'll make a thread for that soon.

Good man ... throwing other things apart from grenades would be handy.

But throwing these lovely satchels would be perfect!

Sry, am am very busy those days... i recently arrived back at home from the wacken open air and now i have to take a shower.

Is this still under development? me and a few buddies would really like to use this online.