Sign in to follow this  
Cerebral_Assassin

Will I miss anything by only have OA

Sorry, I have searched but I am not sure this has been answered.

To the point.. I have played OFP, ARMA but not ARMAII. I recently purchased OA but have not opened it because of mixed comments. I understand the online community will do a lot of combined maps (ARMA and OA) and was wondering if I will miss anything by only have OA (i.e. not be able to play some maps) or will any combined map be available for download and I can play it through OA?? Speaking of course, about multiplayer..

Should I keep OA and have plenty of maps to play

REturn OA and get combined ops?

TIA

Get Combined Ops. Definitely. Then you won't miss anything, I think it's like $10 more than OA so go for it if you can.

Get Combined ops.

If you don't have Arma 2 then you'll get kicked from servers when they run Arma 2 maps.

Theres lots of stuff you'll miss out on. Weapons, vehicles. soldiers. more colourfull maps.... trees, rolling grassy hills.... Modern buildings.

I imagine it's a matter of how much time you'll put into it. If you're only going to play for a week then OA is probably fine. But if you intend to play for months or years.. I think you'll be happy getting both.

I would recommend you get ARMA 2 Combined Operations for MP,Single player and the mods... you get so much more content for such a good price in my opinion.

Get Combined Ops. For the small price difference you'll be kicking yourself for not getting it.

Like someone else said it's 10 dollars more, is there really a question as to what you should get. Of course we are all pretty biased around here.:)

I would be surprised if anyone here said don't spend the extra $10.

Just do it and you won't regret it.

^^yep well worth it even without discount and getting both for what it sells for is a great deal.

I already had the Steam version of ArmA 2 and I still bought Combined Ops because it was nice to have a dvd version of both Arma 2 and OA in a set for $10 extra.

Combined ops, good to have everything :) Plus Chernarus is pretty cool.

Thanks for the replies. I will return OA and get the combined ops and I am kicking myself as I picked up the combined ops, put it down and get OA and save the 10 bucks.

I figured if I havent purchased ARMA2 since 2009, no need to do it now. I am just concerned about the community (is it strong).. I was a hardcore OFP player and have since missed that type of gaming... Cant stand the run, gun no thought games.

My big question is that, how is the community? Sounds like it is strengthening with the release of OA?

Thanks for the replies. I will return OA and get the combined ops and I am kicking myself as I picked up the combined ops, put it down and get OA and save the 10 bucks.

I figured if I havent purchased ARMA2 since 2009, no need to do it now. I am just concerned about the community (is it strong).. I was a hardcore OFP player and have since missed that type of gaming... Cant stand the run, gun no thought games.

My big question is that, how is the community? Sounds like it is strengthening with the release of OA?

Well, some people are saying community plays a big part in sustaining this game lifespan.

Majority of the community owns Arma2 as well. so expect alot of community created contents to have Arma2 as requirement.

Good for you if you only wants OA. Great choice either way.

The modding community is still very strong. Maybe not as strong as it was in OFP, but I've been playing these games since then and it's always satisfied my needs. :p

The multiplayer community is still strong, but they still have the "run, gun no thought" play style more than anything, sadly. My advice is to find a good clan.

Yeah, suprisingly I just now played the demo. Truth be told, I kind of gave up on BI/ARMA after ARMA came out. I was so disappointed that I did not try anything else, then arrowhead sparked my interest. The ARMAII demo is pretty good, I was actually impressed. So, I will be getting CO soon and will see some of you out there.. Thanks for the replies.

I see different reasons to get "Combined ops", anyone making user mission can put an ARMAII object for a mission, sometimes by planning, sometimes by mistake, so it would be really frustrating not to be able to play a game be it SP or MP because you lacks ARMAII; desert environment can be boring after a certain time, and it's good to have europe scenery on your hands.

definately get both. I already owned a copy of A2, and got combined ops (mainly because thats all the store had) just the same i dont mind having a back up coppy and the box looks cool in my colection :)

For what it's worth I've been an OFP SP fanatic for MANY years but hated ARMA1 - I had issues with all sorts of things but primarily the campaigns were rubbish.

ARMA2 SP campaign I'm enjoying tremendously - so if you like OFP you'll like ARMA2.

I'm having serious stability issues with OA so altho it looks promising I haven't determined what it's really like (I've never had dramas with any other games - ie. Boiling Point: Road to Hell and even first release Shadow of Chernobyl never gave me any dramas - so OA playing up chafes a bit but I'll get it sorted eventually).