Sign in to follow this  
Barso

Will there be an Arma 3?

I know BI are a small company and I can't believe what they've done with arma 2 and OA.

They have put multi million corps. like EA to shame with what they have done.

But I fear that there won't be an arma 3 as they must get little return for what is the greatest open world game I've ever played.

Do they see an arma3 in the future or is this it for them or will they take arma 3 to the consoles in a scaled down environment?

Thanks.

I doubt it would go to consoles (I pray to god it doesn't) and I'm sure there will be an ArmA 3 although it will probably be awhile from now as ArmA 2 still provides us with a lot of entertainment.

Look at the years between OFP and ArmA 1. I have a feeling there will be a big gap from OA to the next ArmA. Just like there was from OFP to ArmA 1.

Carrier Command is next, as long BIS is working on that every other work has to wait. There will be an ArmA 3, but with a different title perhaps.

I hope there will be an ARMA3, no other company makes such great war simulator games. those that tried failed!

No offence to the console fans :eek: but if there is an ARMA3 in future i would hope they concentrate on the pc rather than doing what codemasters did and scaling the game down for consoles.

Carrier Command is next, as long BIS is working on that every other work has to wait.

Says who? Carrier Command is being developed by BIS and Black Element, and was in development while OA was, so I doubt the same team of people are working on both titles.

No offence to the console fans :eek: but if there is an ARMA3 in future i would hope they concentrate on the pc rather than doing what codemasters did and scaling the game down for consoles.

Totally agree. I hope we see an Arma 3, but not for awhile. Preferably BIS take a step back to redesign things and then blow us away with A3. :cool:

I would expect another expansion using the ArmA 2 engine. Kinda like operation arrowhead. Why the hell not since the engine is already very good and can be still used for another 5 years.

Plus with all of the updating they have done it keeps getting better. Another expansion campaign without all of the extras is in our future perhaps.

It would surprise me greatly if BIS currently has no plans to continue this franchise, especially considering the tremendous success of the VBS training software, based on the engine developed primarily for ArmA/OFP :)

Totally agree. I hope we see an Arma 3, but not for awhile. Preferably BIS take a step back to redesign things and then blow us away with A3. :cool:

Its going to kick arse.

developing video games is always a learning experience for the developers, they also learn from their past flaws.

Maybe we will see better voice acting then in OA which I thought was already damn good, maybe we will see better storyline and more memorable characters.

BIS is a very talented and diligent working group of people I have no doubt that Arma 3 will be 10 times better than Arma 2.

Wishlist wishlist wishlist wishlist, start ye wish list! :p

I honestly can't wait to see what Arma 3 will be like when it is released in the future. I mean Arma 2 is the best game I've ever played and if Arma 3 got rid of all the little things which distract from the experience it'll be the best damn game ever.

Since I don't really count arma as one of BIS' products (It was just something to get us hyped for arma 2 really and give us some new tech)... I already think ArmA 2 blew me away (I played OFP a lot so it was a huge difference). I'm looking forward to continued support from BIS and their next product, which I believe is carrier command!

I never said I wasn't blown away by Arma 2 :confused:

But I would rather wait longer for a huge improvement rather than a short amount of time for a smaller improvement dubbed "Arma 3".

I think there will be an ARMA3 but i think it will be a while.

I think there will be more expansions for ARMA2 coming 1st and Carrier Command.

Be good to see some OPFOR expansion just like in original OFP with new vehicles etc and also a nutural one where u can fight both OPFOR and BLUFOR.

I believe having a balance in the game, especially MP is good for it and it's community.

In single mode i remember playing original OFP and loving the BLUFOR campaign and then for a change an OPFOR campaign came out and just when i thought it couldn't get better Resistance comes out with improvements. I hope ARMA 2 follows that style.

IMHO with all the improvements that have gone into OA (and keep coming through patches) it would be a real shame if BIS didn't continue the trend and failed to produce an ArmA3. I for one would buy it in a heartbeat.

for me Arrowhead is nearly an Arma3. The patches in future and all the coming mods are small footsteps to this point.

We just got OA:yay:

I think the ARMA series will continue...however, there will probabley be a VBS 3 before there is an ARMA3. This will probably mean a new engine and a whole list of features that will blow the average gamer like us away. :cool:

I believe it will happen, probably 3-6 years down the road.

I also think if OA is a successful enough, then there will be another expansion released, thats just my opinion :D

i hope they dont release another part in the near time INSTEAD i want to see the polish the crap out of ARMA2 and the expansion. this game is so awfuly inpolished no wonder it doesnt get mainstream attention (aka funding). they need to bring every feature to blizzard level and you will see that a polished product creates happy consumers that spread the word. right now there are only hardcore fanboys spreading it and all mainstream people who try it dont like it because of its amateurish look and feel. they have an awsome foundation of features but every single one of them is not really 100% where is could be. LET THEM POLISH IT :)

the question is not of arma3

but of ofp4 ;)

I wouldnt mind seeing ArmA 3 in a snowy mountain environment :D also Russians!

I also hope there will be an Arma3, i hope that it will finally have most if not all the eyecandy, ragdoll, physics thats expected in games now, and if they can could provide that along with even more intelligent, self sufficient, non suicidal AI who have all passed their drivers licence :P

When i first played OFP i got that, oh wow... what have we got here feeling, when i first played the arma2 demo it really did blow me away...

I still believe the game is in the editor, so more toys for the editor like easy to place zones just like DAC (just hire Silola!)

And maybe less focus on USMC and the addition of different factions, this with a selection of more smaller maps of differing geographical locations as opposed to one great island.

Just Dreaming :)

32km viewdistance would be amazing

cloth simulation on uniforms and Flags more dynamic then what we have now on flags

All the past bugs need to be ridden like AI bridge issues, Body parts becoming larger in scale when doing certain animations and hand signals.

3D editor on release with weapon loadouts easier to set zones of AI and have them respawn etc

If BIS has time to implement it a proper armor simulation mechanic, for all vehicles (not hit point based)

dynamic animation synthesis, use of Natural motion tech would be cool, probably not even pratical for use in Multiplayer

BIS is already doing splendid work with OA, if I had some extra cash I would just update my dinosuar GPU and I would stop living in denial, if BIS could get rid of alot of the engines limits and nasty bugs then the sky is truely the limit for BIS's next game, it will pretty much be virtual reality

Im truely sorry for all my past ignorance. Statements I have made about this engine being out-dated but that all behind you BIS, in the long term you have already exceeded the big dogs that make 100 times more then you do, genius.

continue to lead and innovate in the simulation market, but Im really looking forward to any other game that you make in the future because I know it will be worthwhile and wholesome.

:cheers:

I certainly hope so that we'll see an ArmA3. More addons to OA would be welcome, too. A2:OA is two hands down the most awesome military game out there.

Agreed :)

32km viewdistance would be amazing

cloth simulation on uniforms and Flags more dynamic then what we have now on flags

All the past bugs need to be ridden like AI bridge issues, Body parts becoming larger in scale when doing certain animations and hand signals.

3D editor on release with weapon loadouts easier to set zones of AI and have them respawn etc

If BIS has time to implement it a proper armor simulation mechanic, for all vehicles (not hit point based)

dynamic animation synthesis, use of Natural motion tech would be cool, probably not even pratical for use in Multiplayer

BIS is already doing splendid work with OA, if I had some extra cash I would just update my dinosuar GPU and I would stop living in denial, if BIS could get rid of alot of the engines limits and nasty bugs then the sky is truely the limit for BIS's next game, it will pretty much be virtual reality