tophe

Simple Guard Post Script

Simple Guard Post Script v1.0

by Tophe of Östgöta Ops [OOPS]

SimpleGuardPostSmall.jpg

>> ARMAHOLIC DOWNLOAD <<

This script will have the AI randomly look around instead of just looking in one direction.

Putting this on a searchlight really adds to the immersion during night missions.

You may set the range of degrees for the guarding unit.

It is also possible to set behaviour, stance, height range and delay.

To run with default settings, just put this in the units init line:

nul = [this] execVM "GuardPost.sqf"

OPTIONS

There are some optional settings. The format for these are:

nul = [unit, range, behaviour, stance, up/down, delay] execVM "GuardPost.sqf"

If you don't set anything the default settings will be used, they look like this:

nul = [this, 240, "SAFE", "AUTO", false, 1] execVM "GuardPost.sqf"

Range:

The scanning range of the unit , 0 to 360 degrees. The unit will keep it's original direction as middle and scan.

So if you have a guard with azimut 0, and want it to scan 180 degrees - the unit will be looking between

270 and 90 degrees (90 degrees in each direction).

Example: nul = [this,180] execVM "GuardPost.sqf"

Behaviour:

Set the starting behaviour of the unit. Possible settings are CARELESS, SAFE, AWARE, COMBAR, STEALTH.

If you want the unit to have his weapon rested while looking, set it to SAFE. If you want the unit to aim while

looking set it to "COMBAT". You must use quotations.

Example: nul = [this,180,"COMBAT"] execVM "GuardPost.sqf"

Stance:

You may force the unit to stay in a certain stance with this setting.

Possible settings are:

UP - the unit will keep standing even when being shot at. Good for towers.

MIDDLE - the unit will stay kneeling. Good for units behind standard sand bag walls.

DOWN - the unit will stay in prone position. Good for snipers etc.

AUTO - the unit will change stance according to the situation.

Example: nul = [this,180,"COMBAT","UP"] execVM "GuardPost.sqf"

Up/Down:

By default the unit will look straight forward. By setting this to TRUE you can have it look upward aswell, on rooftops, hills etc.

This is very good for search lights, since they will cover a much greater area and also scan for choppers.

Possible setting are TRUE or FALSE

Example: nul = [this,180,"COMBAT","UP",true] execVM "GuardPost.sqf"

Delay:

The unit wait a short moment before changing direction. Here you may enter the shortest amount of time you want for this delay.

The unit will then wait between this value and the value + 10 seconds. If you want it to wait between 10 and 20 seconds you enter this...

Example: nul = [this,180,"COMBAT","UP",true, 10] execVM "GuardPost.sqf"

Edited by Tophe

Thx for the script, Tophe! ;)

Put it on our scripts section at Assault Mission Studio.

dlicon.gif

Simple Guard Post Script [1.0] by Tophe

Great idea for a script, now on the subject of immersion...

Would it be possible to set the script so that the unit switches his behaviour setting between safe "weapon down" and combat mode "Weapon up"?

This would simulate the sentry occationally having a look through his sites during his scan.

Not really neccessary I know, but as I said, it would be a lot more immersive and a realistic action to incorporate.

Great idea for a script, now on the subject of immersion...

Would it be possible to set the script so that the unit switches his behaviour setting between safe "weapon down" and combat mode "Weapon up"?

This would simulate the sentry occationally having a look through his sites during his scan.

Not really neccessary I know, but as I said, it would be a lot more immersive and a realistic action to incorporate.

Thank you Ratcatcher! That's a great idea. I'll try to implement it with the next version.

This looks perfect for a mission I am working on, thanks!

Thank you Ratcatcher! That's a great idea. I'll try to implement it with the next version.

Excellent! Wasn't sure how difficult that would be to incorporate.

Been testing this on a very simple mission and it works great.

It sure seems awsome, I got a problem to report tho. I Cant gett the test mission to work it say I am missing the script file when I cnow I am not :/

Any ideea what this might be becous of? It hapeneds on Zagrabad tesst mission. But works fine on Utes, will try it on a own made mission on Zagrabad later to see if it might be some problem with OA mabe?

Edit: No problems running it on my own made missions, might there be a corupt file in the Zargabad script?

Anyways greate script!

Edited by 3inar

I think the line calling the script on the Zargabad version is slightly wrong?

I renamed the script guardwatch.sqf and it worked fine....

Superb script though which will be in any mission I make from now on - thanks!!!

ah.. I see. I called the script guardwatch while working on it, so I must have left the old name in it. Thanks for noticing! I'll fix it in the next version.

Works a treat, in combo with your housepatrol script in static mode, means a building full of ever-watching, non-rooftop suiciding badguys! :bounce3::bounce3:

Works a treat, in combo with your housepatrol script in static mode, means a building full of ever-watching, non-rooftop suiciding badguys! :bounce3::bounce3:

Cool... never thought of doing that combo :)

is there another link to download it

It might be up on other sites than Armaholic, but just follow the link in the first post and you'll find it there.

okay i got it but for a squad would i have to put it in everyones inti or just the leader

okay i got it but for a squad would i have to put it in everyones inti or just the leader

I would probably go for the leader only.

Great script Tophe! However, it seems recently it stoped working. Now the units run from their position and get on top of blduings. Nots sure why?

Using it with ACE and Zues AI.

Great script Tophe! However, it seems recently it stoped working. Now the units run from their position and get on top of blduings. Nots sure why?

Using it with ACE and Zues AI.

Thx mate.

The script works fine with the latest patches...

You must have done something weird in your mission.