Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

The conflict is coming to us!

[THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THE WAR OF ISRAEL]

I just want to show you a picture and ask you what this makes you think about!

(this is not somewhere in the middle East, this is in East Germany in a district where only immigrants live! Nice buildings in the background)

0423200212271170.jpg

The first moment I saw this I felt like pulling my gun! This picture is supporting the wrong people. Of course it feeds the propaganda of such people as Le Pen, of Israeli extremists (telling us of how evil palestinians are), and of all those that want to kick muslim churches out their cities. But it is very scary indeed. Do we have to tolerate this?

Just imagine you would see something like this in the US, how would people there behave? I mean look at that poor girl, she gets programmed like a computer!

But it realy makes the impression that the Middle East is a ticking timebomb, and it is gonna blow up everywhere: Europe, US, Asia,...!

Germans are used to getting bombed (i.e. WWII), us Americans are not !

<joking>

On a completely unrelated subject, I can't stop playing with this !!!

Click here and open the item

Don't worry, it's not a virus. BOUNCE BOUNCE

I feel sorry for the children who are being raised to hate..

Burl

Albert Schweizer, while I agree that indoctrination/brain washing such as the one discussed in this thread is wrong, I also have a problem with the idea of wanting to settle this with a gun.

I'm a gun-owner myself, and own numerous military/tactical weapons, so I have nothing against guns in general. I'm sure you were only kidding, but it is the people who actually do the things you hinted at that are responsible for the mayhem in the Middle East.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ April 23 2002,20:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Albert Schweizer, while I agree that indoctrination/brain washing such as the one discussed in this thread is wrong, I also have a problem with the idea of wanting to settle this with a gun.

I'm a gun-owner myself, and own numerous military/tactical weapons, so I have nothing against guns in general. I'm sure you were only kidding, but it is the people who actually do the things you hinted at that are responsible for the mayhem in the Middle East.<span id='postcolor'>

No, I said this with the gun to indicate how my emotions were before my 'ratio' (mind) took over. Of course I wouldnt settle this with a gun! biggrin.gif

I don't feel angry when I see that, I feel sad.

I feel sad for that kid that is brainwashed with such perverted ideas. The parents probably understand that it is just a symbol of support, but I can assure you that the kid doesn't.

It reminds me of when I was in northern irland a couple of years ago to visit some friends. I saw this kid in the street with a toy rifle, and he "shot" me. The really scary part was that it wasn't play, he really 'killed' me. He was dead serious about it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 23 2002,20:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't feel angry when I see that, I feel sad.

I feel sad for that kid that is brainwashed with such perverted ideas. The parents probably understand that it is just a symbol of support, but I can assure you that the kid doesn't.

It reminds me of when I was in Northern Ireland a couple of years ago to visit some friends. I saw this kid in the street with a toy rifle, and he "shot" me. The really scary part was that it wasn't play, he really 'killed' me. He was dead serious about it.<span id='postcolor'>

Do what I do, kick the wee bastards in the arse and tell them to fuck off back to there Ma's. Becarefull his Da dosent come out with a real one though. biggrin.gif

Thing about the peace process (from my perspective as a Brit) is that although the politicians are making peace. The children aren't.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Flight Sergeant @ April 23 2002,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thing about the peace process (from my perspective as a Brit) is that although the politicians are making peace. The children aren't.<span id='postcolor'>

Sinn Fein/IRA arnt run by children but they still conduct terrorist activites.

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?pt=n&id=16892

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> I'm sure you were only kidding, but it is the people who actually do the things you hinted at that are responsible for the mayhem in the Middle East.

<span id='postcolor'>

I doubt it.

Dead people do not commit acts of terrorism. tounge.gif

Terrorism is wrong, no matter what the cause or motivation. These people are responsible for thier own actions. They are not defending themselves by intentionally killing innocent people. I'm personally pro Israeli, but if the Palestinians commited legitimate acts of war against Israeli military targets only, it wouldn't be terrorism. It would be a legitimate struggle for thier political cause. Even though I disagree with it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ April 24 2002,17:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> I'm sure you were only kidding, but it is the people who actually do the things you hinted at that are responsible for the mayhem in the Middle East.

<span id='postcolor'>

I doubt it.

Dead people do not commit acts of terrorism. tounge.gif

Terrorism is wrong, no matter what the cause or motivation. These people are responsible for thier own actions. They are not defending themselves by intentionally killing innocent people. I'm personally pro Israeli, but if the Palestinians commited legitimate acts of war against Israeli military targets only, it wouldn't be terrorism. It would be a legitimate struggle for thier political cause. Even though I disagree with it.<span id='postcolor'>

We're talking about shooting unarmed civilians here (the people in the newspaper picture), and they could never be legitimate targets, regardless of what their position is. Demonstrating is a civil right, that of self-expression and free speech. We are drifting away from the original focus of this thread...

that girl is making a peace sign with her hand and she has dynamite strapped to her stomach.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rpc007 @ April 25 2002,06:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that girl is making a peace sign with her hand and she has dynamite strapped to her stomach.....<span id='postcolor'>

That's not a peace sign, that's a "V" for "Victory"...

LoL, didnt you notice yet: In the middle East they think that you can only have peace if you win (victory) against everyone else. Simple as that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ April 25 2002,01:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This same photo topic has been raised on another forum that I participate in, here is the link to an article about the photo.

Suicide Chic<span id='postcolor'>

Wow, right you are! So this picture didnt just anoy only me! The serious part now is that it is not only demonstrators that we have in Germany, it is also fully autonomous (independant) terrorist organisation. Yesterday they catched about 5 of them. Some were related to the bombing in Tunisia, others planed attacks on American/Israelian targets within Germany.

No matter how well the politicians lobby, no matter how much evidence to the contrary, no matter what.. when you are raised from birth with such a degree of hatred for another people that to you taking their live is worth using your own.. even if you dont know them or have ever had them do you wrong.. changing your mind is gonna be stone bitch impossable.

and its not just kids.. people who WANT to belive something can easily be brainwashed, hell most of the population of Iraq thinks Saddam chased the allies out of the desert in a stunning victory.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (USSoldier11B @ April 24 2002,17:49)

I'm sure you were only kidding, but it is the people who actually do the things you hinted at that are responsible for the mayhem in the Middle East.

I doubt it.

Dead people do not commit acts of terrorism.

Terrorism is wrong, no matter what the cause or motivation. These people are responsible for thier own actions. They are not defending themselves by intentionally killing innocent people. I'm personally pro Israeli, but if the Palestinians commited legitimate acts of war against Israeli military targets only, it wouldn't be terrorism. It would be a legitimate struggle for thier political cause. Even though I disagree with it.

We're talking about shooting unarmed civilians here (the people in the newspaper picture), and they could never be legitimate targets, regardless of what their position is. Demonstrating is a civil right, that of self-expression and free speech. We are drifting away from the original focus of this thread...

<span id='postcolor'>

Don't tell me I'm getting off topic. I was merely making a rebuttal to a staement that was made. As far as protesters are concerned. Who cares!!! Let them bitch and moan. I'm an American and believe in the 1st amendment. As long as they don't burn the U.S. flag. (Is grounds for immediate death as far as I'm concerned.) mad.gif

Im not that extreme, but I feel if all you want to do is bitch and moan about a country, you shouldent live in it or your just a hipocrit..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ April 25 2002,10:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><Snip>

Don't tell me I'm getting off topic. I was merely making a rebuttal to a staement that was made. As far as protesters are concerned. Who cares!!! Let them bitch and moan. I'm an American and believe in the 1st amendment. As long as they don't burn the U.S. flag. (Is grounds for immediate death as far as I'm concerned.) mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, now I'm getting seriously off topic, but flag burning is symbolic free speech, and protected by the Bill of Rights. The US Supreme Court has affirmed this in two separate decisions.

I am strongly against flag burning, but I support all constitutional rights, not just the ones I happen to agree with. It's not a pick-and-choose kind of deal...

(Mister Frag puts on his flame-retardent Nomex suit in preparation of what is to come)

In regards to what this topic was originally about (hoping to stop the flames before they start):

Europeans are very disturbed by the apparent spreading of this conflict. They also seem completely unwilling to take a more proactive stance in getting the two sides to stop the violence and begin working towards a peace that is suitable to both sides. Also, no European states have backed the US in its renewed attempts to calm things down, WHILE you constantly demand that the US get more involved.

This is a terrible double standard that needs to be rectified for any progress to be made. Either europeans need to begin proactive peace intitiatives of their own, or they need to back the US, who seems to be the only Western country willing to take the flak to stop this one.

It's hard to start any proactive peace initiatives, when the Israelis tell us to fuck off.