Sign in to follow this  
Rabhimself

Is this game busy online?

Hi peeps,

As the thread title says, I'm thinking of buying but don't want to buy a game that has limited dedicated server support / has a small player base.

I only ask here because the demo has virtually no support online. Very empty indeed.

So is this gajme busy? If so, how busy - i.e. how many populated servers are typically available at any given moment. I'm in the UK so I am under GMT.

Well, the game has been out for a year, therefore there isn't going to be anyone playing the demo online.

To answer your question - yes, it is quite busy online and has largely nonrestrictive dedicated servers. They're some of the few remaining "proper" dedicated servers.

not that much going on online.at least not from my position.germany, arma2 gamespy browser,default settings.

wich is really a shame.

if someone knows an alternative method to find servers feel free to reply ;)

RaabHimself, from Jackass!? Anyways....there are still plenty of servers online in ArmA II

Here is a screenshot I took a few minutes ago for you. You can view the screenshot here. As you can see, there are still plenty of players and servers.

BTW, anyone know why my text is so blurry???

Edited by Nicholas

Steam's ArmA2 group = 361 in game, 1445 online

Steam's ARMA 2 group = 526 in game, 2014 online

Steam's Arrowhead group = 303 online, 1088 online

Mind you that's only Steam players that happened to know about those groups, but 1200 players online at 1800 GMT isn't bad?

That steam group is no way of telling if they are playing ArmA II. When it says they are "in-game" it means they are playing in any game, not just ArmA II.

As you can see by viewing this image.

Edited by Nicholas

Pretty quiet over here in AUS.

Well, the game has been out for a year, therefore there isn't going to be anyone playing the demo online.

To answer your question - yes, it is quite busy online and has largely nonrestrictive dedicated servers. They're some of the few remaining "proper" dedicated servers.

Wow, i guess some peoples ideas of busy are very rural. There is a point when people are basically lying and not just having an opinion. But for ArmA2's sake, it would be wise for me just to agree with you; too bad I'm not wise... :j:

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

RaabHimself, from Jackass!? Anyways....there are still plenty of servers online in ArmA II

Here is a screenshot I took a few minutes ago for you. You can view the screenshot here. As you can see, there are still plenty of players and servers.

You organized the servers by most populated. As you can see, there are very few globally, and even fewer that you can play on, and even fewer that are not running some kind of coop.

Atleast in northern Europe it is hottest summer in years. So playing at your pc isn't first thing in your mind when it's 35 Celcius outside and god knows how hot inside. :cool:

Hi, Rabhimself.

I have been a serious FPS player since Quake. However, with Arma 2, I have spent almost all of my time in SP, because I am trying to learn scripting and editing (and not doing so well, either). But, to me, this was more than just a worthwhile purchase.

My vote is for , buy it! :) If you do, for now anyway, get the retail Arma II Combined Operations. - Also, you can wait until the OA Demo comes out. I do not know when that will be, and don't make a thread asking. :D

how about cd key ? how can i got a key ? lol my cd key come as zeros any idea i would like to play it online if i can

how about cd key ? how can i got a key ? lol my cd key come as zeros any idea i would like to play it online if i can

Your CD key came as zeroes? You mean like this: 0000-00000-00000-00000-0000 ?

:confused:

Where did you buy the game from? They are the ones who should give you a valid key.

IN ALL OUR COUNTRY HAVE THE SAME KEY WHAT SHOULD I DO ..i buy everygame but all the games have simple key that didn't support online feature?

i am looking for cd key to play the game online

If this is the case, I do believe you may have been cheated by the people who sold you the game.

offcourse i got a victam of the games chopping

but i think all our country do this step

i buy it from super man

i really got mad cos that when i saw that the game search for key if i used it online

what to do now ?

Either your resolution or 3D resolution isn't set to 100% or more.

Wow, i guess some peoples ideas of busy are very rural. There is a point when people are basically lying and not just having an opinion. But for ArmA2's sake, it would be wise for me just to agree with you; too bad I'm not wise... :j:

Well if you're trying to get a sense of if it's busy on a scale like MW2 then hell no. I never said it's very busy, but for a game like Arma 2, it's busy enough, and has servers populated all the time with more players than you'll find in most MP games.

i buy it from super man

Sorry but, lmao. You mean this guy? :D

superman-brandon-routh.jpg

Edited by Zipper5

Zipper5

yes..

i spend 50$ for this game and serial vaild

i work daynight to buy it and now it's vaild lol

so if i catch that man i will make him CD and put him in my drive and install him to play with him;)

It might work tho, who knows?

Well if you're trying to get a sense of if it's busy on a scale like MW2 then hell no. I never said it's very busy, but for a game like Arma 2, it's busy enough, and has servers populated all the time with more players than you'll find in most MP games.

What do you mean by "a game like Arma 2"? Is it not supposed to be popular online or something? Sounds to me like you have this idea stuck in your head that few people like this game. Many people like the game, but everyone is having trouble playing multiplayer, so they give up. Should I start a list of people that find the multiplayer bare bone and partially broken? Because that very well could be 75% of the people that play ArmA2. We have argued in the past about this, and my point has been proven time and time again. So I ask very politely...

Will you join the multiplayer revolution?

What do you mean by "a game like Arma 2"? Is it not supposed to be popular online or something? Sounds to me like you have this idea stuck in your head that few people like this game. Many people like the game, but everyone is having trouble playing multiplayer, so they give up. Should I start a list of people that find the multiplayer bare bone and partially broken? Because that very well could be 75% of the people that play ArmA2. We have argued in the past about this, and my point has been proven time and time again. So I ask very politely...

Will you join the multiplayer revolution?

Christ, I can't win. Every corner I turn I have someone psycho-analyzing my posts. :rolleyes:

It's a niche game, it's not a mainstream game, and since online popularity is subjective because people view games with popularity like MW2 to be "very popular", they won't look at Arma 2's MP and say it's also popular. "A game like Arma 2" is not played or "liked" by many people when you compare it to MW2's base, so again, subjectivity.

I too find aspects about the MP broken, some are the fault of BIS, some are the fault of server admins. BIS at least listens, whereas server admins don't as I've found in my more recent complaints. I gave up trying to play MP entirely after that, though I hardly played it before it either.

Zipper5

yes..

i spend 50$ for this game and serial vaild

i work daynight to buy it and now it's vaild lol

so if i catch that man i will make him CD and put him in my drive and install him to play with him;)

that sounds a bit perverse.

:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin: PMSL

Syria, your grasp of English makes for a very funny read (no offense intended)!

@Rabhimself, This game is basically what you make it. If you are prepared to put some time into it you'll get rewarded. There are plenty of good public European servers, GOL, KH, UGAF, 1PARA etc. IMHO to get the most out of multiplayer download Teamspeak 3, hop on any of the TS servers associated with those servers (see squads and fanpages forum for more info) and get involved!.

Edited by [KH]Jman