Sign in to follow this  
sethos

Latest Beta Patch: 72018

[71976] Fixed: AI vision is now effected by light sources.

This is the only change in this beta over 71952?

[71976] Fixed: AI vision is now effected by light sources.

This is the only change in this beta over 71952?

Yea , what do you expect 500 fixes in one beta patch ? :p

So is every one getting this laggy feeling I said about?.

P.S

All so I am amazed that the AI are now entering the buildings more its sweet.

Edited by stk2008

Yea , what do you expect 500 fixes in one beta patch ? :p

Ofcourse not, its a nice new feature but to apretiate this and all the neat new features i would like it if OA would run.. stable.

For The Unsure

Any unit in a light cone is now exposed to the enemy!!!

Now the fun part, it DOES apply to flashlights. But only units within the flashlights radius; ie, the person with the flashlight remains hidden, but anyone your shining... becomes spotlighted... very sneaky way to get someone on your team killed at the moment...

Love it BIS! :D

EDIT: Be careful where you aim it too, if you just happen to aim it at your feet when you run... well bye bye :P

Lol if the above is true.

Ehh, wait, does "AI vision is now effected by light sources." also include flares, the #lightpoint object, searchlights, burning wrecks, burning camp fires, and lights from lighthouses?

Wait, so if I find a power station/power line on OA, and blow it up, an actual, real power grid area, will lose power?

So before sabotaging an enemy base, I can dynamically, without any scripting, first shut down a power grid so the enemy is blind, and then move in?

If so...

EPIC.

Is this in direct response to my comment about power grids? If so, no im referring purely to the power grid scripts nothing In OA .. just an example, not even sure they have been put into OA maps yet either, but as the future awaits its another reason to use that script.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Ehh, wait, does "AI vision is now effected by light sources." also include flares, the #lightpoint object, searchlights, burning wrecks, burning camp fires, and lights from lighthouses?

Suma:

This means AI can now see things which are lit by light sources, like street lamps, or vehicle reflectors, or even torches. Before this fix the light sources were ignored and everything was like completely dark to AI.

So im guessing anything that actually "lightens" or creates a light cone out of dark.

Will AI React to flashlight-signals?

IE when im hidden far away and give morse-code to another frined far way, when AI sees the light, will they react to it?

Or when a unknown vehicle appears at night from distance towards them, will they go at least into some sort of "awareness" mode, like any human on planet earth would do in RL too?

Specifally for this beta series: What directory do we put mods in (I'm checking out Islands) so they show up in the "expansions" tab? I've tried 5 locations and none of them worked.

Hmm... Not convinced "everything" work:

1. Desert, set hours to 0 (no moon, pitch dark, see nothing without NVGs).

2. US Grenadier vs Takistani rifleman. 100 meters apart. Place an ammo crate for yourself.

3. Start, replace all M203 HE with M203 flares. Sneak up on enemy unit, with or without flares.

4. Even if I shoot flares 4 meters from him (and I remain prone), he cannot identify me. Just like in the sabotage SP mission, he is "interested" in me, but flares are not enough to cause a positive ID that I am in fact an enemy.

Hinting knowsAbout yields only 1.4, shooting (not even a firedNear EH?) flares from 4 meters away (face to face), but I'm not fully detected as an enemy. Expert difficulty with maximized skill setting. Skill of unit 0.6. Now, as I start throwing a smoke grenade, he will kill me. Throwing smoke is less stealthy than shooting flares with M203? :p

A campfire on the other hand, will make him spot me, but direction seems to make a difference (or chance).

PLEEEEAAAAAAASSE make the flares more useful. I've done some magic reveal stuff in the past, but "magic" describes it only too well, doesn't feel realistic at all.

Edit: Sneaking up on same enemy unit, but now I'm using a turned on flashlight, I crawl up to him and knowsAbout only goes to 0.28, although he seems to find me interesting to keep a watch on. Must be the US Army Cologne I guess.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Will this patch work with Combined Ops? If not is there a patch that does the same thing for combined ops? I am tired if getting the memory error after and hour or to of gameplay.

Will this patch work with Combined Ops? If not is there a patch that does the same thing for combined ops? I am tired if getting the memory error after and hour or to of gameplay.

Yes, it does. Just install the beta, then look for the "Launch Arma2 OA beta patch" shortcut in the game directory.

Grant - this IS for Combined Operations. Can you please post your specs? It makes no sense you're getting out of memory errors. I've never gotten one in all my time playing ArmA2 and OF.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11650 looks like it is now fixed! :)

(

SMBAC - I don't know about you, but the game feels more reponsive and less laggy than before (in-game as well as the menu being fixed). I think the mouse issue was affecting the game. I could be wrong, but I'd guess they disabled hardware mouse acceleration.

Here are my specs.

[Display]

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor (3400 MHz)

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit

DirectX version: 11.0

GPU processor: GeForce GTX 295x2

Driver version: 197.45

CUDA Cores: 240

Core clock: 576 MHz

Shader clock: 1242 MHz

Memory clock: 1008 MHz (2016 MHz data rate)

Memory interface: 448-bit

Total available graphics memory: 4095 MB

Dedicated video memory: 896 MB

System video memory: 0 MB

Shared system memory: 3199 MB

Video BIOS version: 62.00.6C.00.01

IRQ: 16

Bus: PCI Express x8 Gen

As much as I giggled at Sarka's meltdown in the other beta thread I do have to say I agree with him a bit with some of the weapons. Particulalry the M16 EGLM Holo. It is very, VERY difficult (even when doing one shot at a time) to use the zoom sight and shoot with any kind of accuracy. It is actually much easier to put bullets on target when you're not using the sight and doing single shots. I don't shoot guns so maybe this is the way it's supposed to be in real life, but in the game I'm much worse at shooting with it.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Here are my specs.

You didn't post how much physical RAM you have. Also, what is your swap file set to? If it's at zero < 2 Gig that's why you're getting out of memory errors. Also, try using "default" as the in-game video memory option instead og "high" or very high". If you're using it already, then switch it to "very high" to see if that changes it.

This bug is still here also...

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11577

fen has added a very good repro mission.

It freezes OA immediately when you open the gear dialog at the ammo crate (dedi server that is).

Xeno

You didn't post how much physical RAM you have. Also, what is your swap file set to? If it's at zero < 2 Gig that's why you're getting out of memory errors. Also, try using "default" as the in-game video memory option instead og "high" or very high". If you're using it already, then switch it to "very high" to see if that changes it.

8 gigs of RAM

I find that using Mk17 CCO SD seems to be more exposed than MK16 CCO SD.

I test them to shoot the same man of the unit in the same place each time, either crouch or prone. I will be easier found and get a accurate volley from the enemy units when I use the MK17 SD.

I try to test the muzzle flash by choosing cloudy dark night without moon light and street lamps, and the contact distance to enemies is less than 50m.

Further more, I find that the more skill value an AI has, the easier to mark your position and kill you at night.

fen has added a very good repro mission.

It freezes OA immediately when you open the gear dialog at the ammo crate (dedi server that is).

Xeno

Really happens randomly with all missions that have ammocrates on dediservers.

Sometimes immediately, sometimes not.

Not just domination xeno

Not just domination xeno

I know. But with this mission it happens allways, should make it easier for BIS to finally find a solution as the mission reliably freezes the client.

Xeno

Hmm... Not convinced "everything" work:

1. Desert, set hours to 0 (no moon, pitch dark, see nothing without NVGs).

2. US Grenadier vs Takistani rifleman. 100 meters apart. Place an ammo crate for yourself.

3. Start, replace all M203 HE with M203 flares. Sneak up on enemy unit, with or without flares.

4. Even if I shoot flares 4 meters from him (and I remain prone), he cannot identify me. Just like in the sabotage SP mission, he is "interested" in me, but flares are not enough to cause a positive ID that I am in fact an enemy.

Hinting knowsAbout yields only 1.4, shooting (not even a firedNear EH?) flares from 4 meters away (face to face), but I'm not fully detected as an enemy. Expert difficulty with maximized skill setting. Skill of unit 0.6. Now, as I start throwing a smoke grenade, he will kill me. Throwing smoke is less stealthy than shooting flares with M203? :p

A campfire on the other hand, will make him spot me, but direction seems to make a difference (or chance).

PLEEEEAAAAAAASSE make the flares more useful. I've done some magic reveal stuff in the past, but "magic" describes it only too well, doesn't feel realistic at all.

Edit: Sneaking up on same enemy unit, but now I'm using a turned on flashlight, I crawl up to him and knowsAbout only goes to 0.28, although he seems to find me interesting to keep a watch on. Must be the US Army Cologne I guess.

I agree with you that it seem that AI is insensitive to flare grenade.

And I think AI is more sensitive to MK17 CCO SD than MK16 CCO SD.

Edited by msy

Im trying not to laugh at the reliably bit

Just have some faith ;)

Xeno