Sign in to follow this  
sethos

Latest Beta Patch: 72018

Just released for OA:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

(current patch candidate)

[71976] Fixed: AI vision is now effected by light sources.

Last patch fixes

[71910] Fixed: Scripting command isFlatEmpty did not work with non-zero third coordinate. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11704)

[71896] Fixed: TI was red instead of B/W with some settings and graphics cards.

[71891] Fixed: Night vision simulation was not simulating color sensitivity and blue shift in dark scenes.

[71882] Fixed: Disabled debugging message "Added texture headers from file"

[71881] Fixed: Av8 unable to takeoff from Chernarus NE airstrip (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3240) Fixed: Fog and sky colors did not match when dark. Fixed: Moon rotates when moving camera (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8051) Fixed: Stars no longer visible through terrain with low view distance (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8374) Fixed: Improved game stability with a small page file. Fixed: Gun recoil in ironsights view was missing kick-back (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4401)

[71843] Fixed: possible crash after mouse click to Prev/Next button in DisplayConfigureAction

[71527] Fixed: C130 was crashing on takeoff.

Edited by Sethos

Wow. Just wow. :eek:

I honestly didn't expect this age-old bug to be fixed, and I literally gave a little yelp of joy when I read the changelog. Must test this when I get home.

If this works as advertised, huge thanks to BIS for finally getting around to sorting out one of my personal pet peeves with the game. :)

good news with the lod dropping, i got sick of that :(

Give them time fellas, they can't fix every bug at once ^^

:)

Give them time fellas, they can't fix every bug at once ^^

:)

Just reporting its still there! Or shouldnt we report in the beta testing thread?

Maybe we should start a new thread for beta testing reports?

Zargabad seems to run considerably smoother for me with this build. Good Morning T-Stan and Coltan Blues seem to have reduced the weird stutter they previously had on my system. Still not quite there, but better.

So, what ninja changes have been made?

- Experiencing some textures on buildings sticking at low resolution LOD when you go right up to them (don't care, if it means improved performance, though). Specifically, Zargabad temple main gateways on both sides.

- Still seeing 2D 'cardboard cutout' gun LODs. Not only in third person view, but sometimes on other units when viewed from first person (e.g. start of Coltan Blues, team member on LB).

Edited by Richey79

Hi all I still get like a lahhy feel to the game it realy is not running as smooth as ARMA2 did after patch 1.07.

Shame cus after that patch for ARMA2 it ran very fast.

I have a good pc

Q6700

4GB ram

8800gt not great but ran ARMA2 all high ish hehehe.

It does not feel like a GPU problem it feels like it lags a lot near villages.

Any way loving the new recoil.

[71976] Fixed: AI vision is now effected by light sources.

Can this be elaborated on at all.

IE: I understand that = AI effected at night for viewing/spotting but "light sources" does that mean response to torch lights/under street lamps/car lights and those type of situations at night. Or is it simply view distance is impaired for enemy AI at night and low light situations without NV goggles? Is this the same for all AI including team AI?

It does not feel like a GPU problem it feels like it lags a lot near villages.

Not sure optimisation from patches deals with this direct, this has a lot to do with the enterable buildings/calculations. Also if you have missions using OA ambient civvies in towns that will hit it hard also.

Edited by mrcash2009

Zargabad seems to run considerably smoother for me with this build.

So, what ninja changes have been made?

There were no ninja changes done between 71952 and 72018. I have checked the repository history to be sure and I can see no rendering or core component were touched at all between those builds. Any significant performance improvement (or difference to worse) is absolutely unexplainable to me. It must be caused by some random factors outside of our control, but I have no idea what those factors could be.

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

Can this be elaborated on at all.

IE: I understand that = AI effected at night for viewing/spotting

This means AI can now see things which are lit by light sources, like street lamps, or vehicle reflectors, or even torches. Before this fix the light sources were ignored and everything was like completely dark to AI.

My imagination? Lol.

Defragged as usual... don't know.

Definitely seems smoother to me, but must be something at my end. I'll leave all my settings as they are!

Could be related to my recent reinstall of Windows. Probably best guess.

The lighting/AI changes sound good for stealth missions. Hope they work as well as they sound.

This means AI can now see things which are lit by light sources, like street lamps, or vehicle reflectors, or even torches. Before this fix the light sources were ignored and everything was like completely dark to AI.

Emphasis mine.

Finally, shooting out street lamps in stealth missions makes sense! :yay:

My imagination? Lol.

Defragged as usual... don't know.

Definitely seems smoother to me, but must be something at my end. I'll leave all my settings as they are!

Could be related to my recent reinstall of Windows. Probably best guess.

The lighting/AI changes sound good for stealth missions. Hope they work as well as they sound.

I think it's called the placebo effect ;D

Thanks Suma.

I had a quick test at a cross roads, had 1 man walk right past me and kept moving to light cone each time, then he finally knew my presence and it worked like a charm.

Will add more awareness on stealth missions when approaching with street lamps, taking cover more around those areas. I need to dive back into jackal scenario and have a try out :)

Finally, shooting out street lamps in stealth missions makes sense!

Yes indeed, plus power grid scripts have a stronger usage :)

Thanks again.

Finally, shooting out street lamps in stealth missions makes sense! :yay:

Oh, it always did. You don't want to tell me you could use NVG in Zargabad otherwise :D

For The Unsure

Any unit in a light cone is now exposed to the enemy!!!

Now the fun part, it DOES apply to flashlights. But only units within the flashlights radius; ie, the person with the flashlight remains hidden, but anyone your shining... becomes spotlighted... very sneaky way to get someone on your team killed at the moment...

Love it BIS! :D

EDIT: Be careful where you aim it too, if you just happen to aim it at your feet when you run... well bye bye :P

Edited by Rommel

Especially considering how the light passes through solid walls :)

I have a test like that

In dark night without any light, I with a Mk SD shoot one takistan squad who don't equiped with any NVGs 40m away. While I've got one or two headshot, the others easily find my place, and shot me constantly, even by RPK.

Then I set all the units playable, while I shot one or two men, I quickly switched to the enemy side. and I find the squad leader have marked my exact place and made the fire order. If I can't change my shelter asap, I will be 100% killed.

Is the experience above normal to the game environment, or it is still a bug to be solved? I can't see anything on the ground without light, even 10 meters away from me. But AI without NVG' or TWS can see me at least 70 meters away once they find they've lost people.

All the tests start under the condition that I face on all enemys' back.

Edited by msy

Wait, so if I find a power station/power line on OA, and blow it up, an actual, real power grid area, will lose power?

So before sabotaging an enemy base, I can dynamically, without any scripting, first shut down a power grid so the enemy is blind, and then move in?

If so...

EPIC.

Wait, so if I find a power station/power line on OA, and blow it up, an actual, real power grid area, will lose power?

So before sabotaging an enemy base, I can dynamically, without any scripting, first shut down a power grid so the enemy is blind, and then move in?

If so...

EPIC.

Erm, no?