Sign in to follow this  
icfhoop

Static C130 and HALO?

also seen these sounds mentioned elsewhere in a Halo script topic. BIS_HALO_Flapping and BIS_Steerable_Parachute_Opening

You could maybe have one of them active while parachuting.

EDIT, just found that the freefall and para control works with vanilla ARMA2 on its own but not with combined ops, been a lot of coding for nothing for some folks. Going to uninstall ARMA 2 and have OA on it's own and see what happens.

Was trying out the parachute in boot camp and neither the OA or A2 ones worked, uninstalled OA and the A2 one works.

Edited by Liquidpinky

You could check if the player's vehicle is a parachute.

What commad would I use for this?

Sorry I'm really noob, is it a variable or something?

I was thinking I'd have a script that was to check if player was parachuting then if the player was parachuting it would loop the wind in parachute sound effect?

I kind of liked the old way using the regular C130 and waypoints is that still useable? This allowed time for custom loadouts on the plane then a trigger to kill unit after the drop

Can we do it that way in OA?

I kind of liked the old way using the regular C130 and waypoints is that still useable? This allowed time for custom loadouts on the plane then a trigger to kill unit after the drop

Can we do it that way in OA?

I believe you can, not quite sure how someone posted it somewhere but I prefer the static c130 as I believe it gives longer time as it's not going anywhere so you can just spawn it above the drop zone and take all the time in the world

how do we add in custom loadouts while in the plane? and how do we get the old chutes with the big hole in the top so we fall fast?

I made an example mission too :)

The C130 will fly away if all players are out :)

=> http://hx3.de/attachments/editing-scripting-167/halojump-tutorial-mission-fsm-umschreiben-3258d1278622929-halo-20test.desert_e.rar

Works on a dedicated server and the HALO animations are broadcasted over the network :)

Trying in Single player the player can jump out normal and into HALO mode but the other just falls out with no animations and can't open his chute or anything.

Don't use deleteObject! ;)

If you have 1.07 of ArmA 2 it doesn't work anymore.

Use hideObject instead.

Is that intentinoal or a true bug? If it's a bug has it been reported on CIT?

I got it to work with one of the downloads listed before but after my guy lands the open chute never goes away also its seems ridiculously hard to get others on the C130

I did this with another version of the c130 where you could walk in the back. Just placed one c130 under ground about 100m and attached another c130 to it at whatever height you want, make it so you spawn at the same height of this c130 so you spawn in the back, then behind the c130 place a trigger so that when you enter it (run out of the back) it will start the HALO thing

Edited by a wild goat

What are you talking about? deleteObject was never a script command and hideObject is a new addition by BIS...

What are you talking about? deleteObject was never a script command and hideObject is a new addition by BIS...

This and BIS removed the command with 1.07 ;)

Trying in Single player the player can jump out normal and into HALO mode but the other just falls out with no animations and can't open his chute or anything.

Execute the script on the AI too.

Look at the init.sqf.

I executed the script only on all players not AI.

@ Cyborg (or anyone with a solution)

Thanks for showing me how to add the C 130 drop to my missions.

But I am banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to keep using the HALO on respawn. I have spent half a day searching and trying various things, but with no luck. I don't really follow scripting so I wouldn't know where to begin with the information contained in the init and other sqf files to have them repeat or whatever they need to do.

I have been able to respawn in the static object just like when the mission starts (by setting the marker height etc), but there is no HALO action for when I go out the back for the second jump. Ideally I would love to use the C 130 for the respawn/ bluefor insertion point.

I could use a trigger for it I guess but I was having some trouble getting it to work as smooth as the initial jump. And for that matter getting the trigger to repeat.

Is there anyway that you (or anyone else) can think of to keep it going during the entire mission and not just on the initial jump?

I'm no scriptor but I can handle small things in the editor. So I guess a step by step for 7 year olds would be great if there is a solution.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

here is an update on this:

First you need a 'Killed' EventHandler on each player unit.

Something like this (init.sqf):

Code:

player addEventHandler ["Killed", {_this execVM "playerRespawn.sqf"}];

And your respawnRespawn.sqf should look like this:

Code:

_unit = _this select 0;

_pos = [0,0,5000];

WaitUntil {alive _unit};

_unit setPosATL _pos;

_nul = [_unit, _pos select 2] spawn BIS_fnc_halo;

If you are using a KEH already for weapon respawn then add my code to your script.

And don't forget to change the position! I don't know your position

And this is multiplayer compatible.

Hope I could help you

Okay so I can't get it to work right now... I say it like that because it has probably nothing to do with your answer, but with me trying to figure out where to put the sqf. let me give details as to what i have done.

first i did just like you said, made the sqf (with correct position) named it and added the line to the init of the player.

didn't work.

So i figure maybe it has something to do with the F2 framework stuff i'm using.

so i pasted it in the init_onPlayerRespawn.sqf that came with the F2 stuff.

nada.

so i guess i don't really know where to put your code using the F2 framework stuff.

I'm not sure what you meant by KEH... killed event handler maybe? so I'll keep trying different stuff within F2 and see if i can find a place for it.

if you have any ideas, lemmie know!

again thanks for your time.

KEH = Killed EventHandler right

Err ... I don't know the F2 framework. :/

You should post in the forum. Maybe someone other can help you?

Basically I have a multiplayer mission with up to 6 players in which i would love to use cyborg's halo method (the one from the mission he posted in this thread) in multiplayer upon each respawn. I can get the bluefor to spawn in the correct spot, but when i run out the ramp there is no halo action. It works great for the initial jump, but not anymore after.

If anyone has any ideas for this I would appreciate the help.

I have tried using some triggers, but i just don't know how to set the trigger action for only one unit. Otherwise it causes problems for any bluefor in the trigger. The trigger method isn't preferred, but i'll use whatever it takes to get it working right.

in my mind (take that for what it's worth) the preferred method would be to implement Cyborg's suggested method above (quoted in this post).

Thanks in advance for anyone with help and ideas!

once again thanks to cyborg for his time.

Someone was asking before about the lack of altimiter and not knowing when to open chute, just make a script with this code or add it to one of your own scripts

waituntil {(getPosATL unitname select 2 < 500)}; 
hint "500m open chute!";

Obviously you can change the 500 to whatever height you like to open your chute at, not as good as an altimeter but better then nothing :)

How can we have a player's chute automatically open if they are under a specific height, sort of a safety measure so if they forget or don't open it in time. I've looked into the halo function, but can't make sense to it all. What function(s) do I need to use to start the free fall and then finally open the chute automatically, and how do I implement them.

Too bad BIS didn't make this easy for use to use.

UPDATED: Found out this will open up the chute at anytime when you want it in a script.

[_unit] spawn BIS_fnc_halo;

Now I just need to know how to get into free fall...

Edited by thegunnysgt

open the chute automatically, and how do I implement them.

off topic:

In the OFP days when Halo first came out all the people/AI that didnt open in time we called the noob filter :P

Now I just need to know how to get into free fall...

on topic:

this will get you to free fall...

[this, 5000] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs"

Edited by Junker

Riser did you spawn in the static C-130 everytime? Because i'm having problems where at times my guys will spawn outside at times.

Hi guys, just wanted to say thanks for sharing your work on this. I was trying to find out how the Bootcamp parachute mission was done with the static C130 and hey presto, you guys pretty much answered everything already.

Splendid!