Sign in to follow this  
icfhoop

Static C130 and HALO?

Hello all,

Before I ask, I must say that I did in fact use the "Search Function" and found a few related topics but no of which had an answer.

Back to the question, I have a Static C130 2000 meters in the sky, and i have the player inside of the C130 fine. My only problem is how do you get the HALO action when you simply walk out of the ramp not eject( b/c it isnt actually considered a vehicle). I know how to do it when you are in a vehicle but not a static object.

Thanks in advance.:)

I would de-pbo the tutorial mission and find out from there. Iirc I was not given an action, it just happened when I jumped out.

I appreciate it guys thanks :) Will see if it works.

I'm after something like this but like in the parachute scenario where the c-130 moves slightly whilst in it, like minor minor turbulence and after you jump out it flys away and isn't static... Does anyone know how to achieve this?

Thanks

There's a static plane model as well which they replace the back end of it with and script the shaking with camera shake I think? If you open up the PBO for the Boot Camp you see that.

Got HALO working, albeit without the altimeter.

In your vehicle put this in it's init line to give all occupants the HALO JUMP option.

Code:

this addAction ["HALO JUMP","jump.sqf",[],1,false,true,"","_this in _target"];

The contents of jump.sqf would be as follows:

Code:

player action [ "eject", vehicle player];

player spawn bis_fnc_halo;

player setvelocity [0,120*0.8,0];

player setdir 0;

player allowdamage true;

Needs the Functions module on the map.

I haven't tested this, but that was posted recently in a different thread to get HALO working. Not exactly sure how it would work if you put it in the static vehicle INIT, but its worth trying. Otherwise just put it in your player init.

I got the rocking motion and the c130 static to be replaced with a real c130 once you jump out but does anyone know how to get the c130 sound effects when inside the static model??

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

I've uploaded what I've done so far here, It's just a really simple example mission if anyone is intrested. The base on the map is from the US showcase mission by BIS and the C-130 stuff was done looking through the BIS parachute mission I just can't seem to figure outt how to make the sound effects :(

Halo.Takistan.rar - 0.01MB

Edited by Pele93

I got the rocking motion and the c130 static to be replaced with a real c130 once you jump out but does anyone know how to get the c130 sound effects when inside the static model??

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

I've uploaded what I've done so far here, It's just a really simple example mission if anyone is intrested. The base on the map is from the US showcase mission by BIS and the C-130 stuff was done looking through the BIS parachute mission I just can't seem to figure outt how to make the sound effects :(

Halo.Takistan.rar - 0.01MB

Thanks mate, I will take a look. I was going to give it a go myself but it makes life easy when you have an example to take in.

As for the sound, wouldn't the playsound be the one to use, then you will have to dig up the engine noise soundfile and play it. Hopefully there is a list of them somewhere.

Thanks mate, I will take a look. I was going to give it a go myself but it makes life easy when you have an example to take in.

As for the sound, wouldn't the playsound be the one to use, then you will have to dig up the engine noise soundfile and play it. Hopefully there is a list of them somewhere.

I believe it was probably something like that but on a infinite loop???

I looked thru all the bis stuff and couldn't find anything :(

It's a rough example not everything is in the scripts some is in unit init's lines I'm very beginner at scripting etc.. So it's nothing special but gets the job done :)

FSAPmKTD6Ec

Heres a really poorly compressed video of where I'm up to in example mission, I just made a custom sound from various sound samples I had around for the ambient sound in c-130 I can upload mission later if anyone wants me too...

I can upload mission later if anyone wants me too...

There will never be a case where someone has something cool that people don't want uploaded. :p :bounce3: Please do post that mission.

Here ya go

Can anyone point me to a quick guide or faq on how to make custom animations?

I'd like to loadmaster to do some hand gestures and a run and jump gesture for the player would be cool too :cool:

That's not working for me at all, I keep just plummeting straight down at attention. Never get any HALO options or animations. :(

That's not working for me at all, I keep just plummeting straight down at attention. Never get any HALO options or animations. :(

Really?

Theres no options you just need to walk off the ramp...

Is it setup the exact way I set it up?

I'll do another one up on utes with just the halo stuff so it's easier to troubleshoot

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

halo.utes.rar - 0.23MB

Theres one on utes, I used it just then works fun just sprint off the ramp and you should go into halo mode....

Alright as far as the actual C130 sound, what I did was attached a "real" working BLUFOR C130 to the top of the static model. After the attachto command all i did was put in the

init: deletecollection this;

This then makes the "real" C130 invisible

There is a bug, go to the edge of the ramp and crawl of the edge and open the chute and your on the ground in a second or two.

Don't use deleteObject! ;)

If you have 1.07 of ArmA 2 it doesn't work anymore.

Use hideObject instead.

ahhh thank you for that :)

Wouldn't the whole freefall and parachute system be better if there was one definite script for both which can be triggered by a few of simple checks, is player above certain altitude, is he out of a vehicle and does he have a parapack.

Then when entering a vehicle give the player a chute so it can be triggered when he bails at or above the required altitude, maybe adding in a variable that can be switched so it is disabled in a static halo until the check for the player falling out the tailgate switches it active.

This could be also used for base jumping if someone made cliffs or buildings high enough by giving them the parachute at the top and having the same trigger style as the C130 static.

Possibly the freefall could be triggered without having a chute, just you ain't going to survive the trip. At least it would negate the ability to act normally and do actions while falling to your death.

Currently I am new to the scripting ARMA game, done a bit with GTASA so I can get my head around scripting, but currently I can create triggers and get my jumping out the C130 and going into freefall with an altitude check.

I have incorporated the C130 shake and will add the attached real C130 to get the sound, all without any external scripting so far by just using trigger activation and unit action boxes etc.

These are all bits I can do, the scripting of controllable freefall and controllable chutes are out of my league at the moment.

Edited by Liquidpinky

FSAPmKTD6Ec

Heres a really poorly compressed video of where I'm up to in example mission, I just made a custom sound from various sound samples I had around for the ambient sound in c-130 I can upload mission later if anyone wants me too...

Very cool indeed Pele - thanks for uploading too. Is there any way to add a wind noise to the parachute section - ie the sound of the wind through your rigging once the chute deploys? I always think the parachute stage is too quiet....

Very cool indeed Pele - thanks for uploading too. Is there any way to add a wind noise to the parachute section - ie the sound of the wind through your rigging once the chute deploys? I always think the parachute stage is too quiet....

I'll have a look thru my audio samples and see if I have anything like that and see what I can do.

I'm a very noob scripter but should be able to figure that

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Having said that whats the easiest command to use to check if player is parachuting?

I assume when parachuting it's like their driving the parachute??

So there would be a variable to check?

Edited by Pele93