Sign in to follow this  
Murklor

Why no zeroing for grenade launchers???

M32/M79/MK13 etc

Really, the ONE type of weapon where you absolutely need zeroing because its pretty damn impossible to aim with ironsight otherwise. On regular difficulties you can work these weapons with the regular GUI sight, but on veteran mode you dont even have this. The ironsight scope is zeroed WAY too far range by default (you're aiming up in the sky if you aim flat), at least for the M32.

Why no love for the grenade launchers BIS? They where useless in Arma2 and they're still useless in OA :(

I totally agree. Grenades are too much fun and deserve some more love.

Just tested. While you can add zeroing to the grenade launchers, it has no effect. To get it working would require some additional scripting.

Why doesn't Arma2 have workable GL sights?Its possible to do as shown in mods like PR...not sure if ACE has this working correctly.

Nah ACE has it same as vanilla, except it replaced some non-sighted M203 variants into ones that have sights, but those sights are always aimed at 150m - Same as the vanilla ones for the M203s that do have them.

Well at least the M203 has a primary weapon to go with it... For the M32 you spend half your precious ammo just to do a visual zeroing and you only got a secondary pistol/smg.

One thing I think America's Army 3 did right was sight adjusting on the 203s. I'd love to have that setup.

The 40mm grenade launchers are zeroed to a range just like all the rifles are. I think your garden variety 203 launcher is zeroed at 150, 200, or 250m (one of those). So all grenade launchers are zeroed fine.

It's adjustable sights that are lacking for grenade launchers. Have you noticed that all adjustment for ArmA2OA weapons is for 2D sight overlays? It's not a coincidence. Not a single "fully 3D" weapon in ArmA2OA has adjustable sights.

This all comes down to how the "sight adjustment" works in OA... it doesn't adjust the sight at all, it bends the bullet just after firing. This isn't noticeable much for a rifle since the bending is a small angle. Grenade launchers on the other hand require changes of 10s of degrees, very noticeable to both the shooter and any observers. BIS probably didn't want to implement such a shoddy and goofy solution.

The most practical "good" solution I can thing of is a button like "optics mode" pressed and held that frees the rear half of the weapon to pivot around the front sight post tip for aiming and released locks the rotational geometry. But that's just how the controls could work. Getting that actually to happen in the engine could be difficult or near impossible.

Both AK47 and M60 with iron-sights have the ability to change zeroing, not only the ones with "2d optics"

Nah ACE has it same as vanilla, except it replaced some non-sighted M203 variants into ones that have sights, but those sights are always aimed at 150m - Same as the vanilla ones for the M203s that do have them.

That's incorrect. ACE has a functional system for setting the sight adjustments for M203 and many other grenade launchers. It is accomplished by pressing the up and down cursor keys when the grenade launcher is selected as a weapon.

Peace,

DreDay

You're both right. The ACE-ACE2 M203 sights are the same as vanilla. The "sights adjustment" in ACE does not change the sights... it changes the trajectory. So at the "400m" setting in ACE the 40mm round comes out as normal but is kicked into a higher arc via script. Observing carefully one can see that despite arcing high, the muzzle is just as flat as a normal shorter-range shot.

The "sights adjustment" in ACE does not change the sights... it changes the trajectory

That's how zeroing in OA works anyway.

You're both right. The ACE-ACE2 M203 sights are the same as vanilla. The "sights adjustment" in ACE does not change the sights... it changes the trajectory. So at the "400m" setting in ACE the 40mm round comes out as normal but is kicked into a higher arc via script. Observing carefully one can see that despite arcing high, the muzzle is just as flat as a normal shorter-range shot.

Obviously. That's the only way of doing that right now. I am pretty sure that this is what the TS was suggesting.

Peace,

DreDay

I eont really care how the zeroing is accomplished, as long as we can aim the grenade launchers in ironsighted mode rather than guessing. Hell the M32 has a complicated electronic sight, its reputed to be able to headshot at 150m!

Well in ACE 2 for O.A. there is a red dot for aiming the 203 on the MK17 EGLM, so you can aim it very precisely IF you know the range to your target.

Howdy warrior long time no see. And he is exactly right but then again i dont use 203 or the 40 mikes GMG a lot so i aint to bothered bout it.

Well at least the M203 has a primary weapon to go with it... For the M32 you spend half your precious ammo just to do a visual zeroing and you only got a secondary pistol/smg.

PSSSSSTT

It's visual elevation adjustment!

That's how zeroing in OA works anyway.

PSSSSSTT

It's called elevation adjustment!

PSSSSSTT

I could give a shit...

Me too. LOL :D;)

All my guns are elevated to 300m. :D

Edited by Curry

What now sarge (btw, real sergeants hate being called this), our guns are 1,000' in the air?

The command would be "All, adjust sight (elevation) 300" or "All, sights to 300."