Sign in to follow this  
rksl-rock

RKSL - RAF Eurofighter Typhoon FGR4 Released!

Been playing around with it a couple of hours now and a question have popped up.

Why are the dumb bombs guided?

Yeah I know. :butbut: It was a concession to "gamers" rather than simulation. 2 builds ago they were fully manual and a pain in the arse to use. You really had to practice to get it right. Then I did some AI testing which didn't go so well. And some of the testers started to complain they were impractical. So i used the same config as the BIS mk82's. As wildly unrealistic as they are the AI can at least use them :o

P.S. BTW, Rock, do you plan on updating your older addons config so that it support some(if not all) of the new features like FLIR that is in OA?

Yes, that's partly why i've delayed the Puma and Lynx upgrades. I didn't really see the point releasing a "final" build only to have to upgrade it again.

Everything will have full OA compatibility. The RWR, Thermal maps the lot.

Yeah I know. :butbut: It was a concession to "gamers" rather than simulation. 2 builds ago they were fully manual and a pain in the arse to use. You really had to practice to get it right. Then I did some AI testing which didn't go so well. And some of the testers started to complain they were impractical. So i used the same config as the BIS mk82's. As wildly unrealistic as they are the AI can at least use them :o

Yes, that's partly why i've delayed the Puma and Lynx upgrades. I didn't really see the point releasing a "final" build only to have to upgrade it again.

Everything will have full OA compatibility. The RWR, Thermal maps the lot.

Sounds great. I agree with the dumb bombs, Southy did the same thing with the F-15 so the AI could use them. This 1000lb bomb is awesome! Really good work.

Btw, I am working on getting an armaholic mirror.

Hey Rock, is there any change of some bikeys for the flare system / rksl system and the typhoon?

If there is already, just point me where :).

Hey Rock, is there any change of some bikeys for the flare system / rksl system and the typhoon?

If there is already, just point me where :).

The bikeys should be in the archives you downloaded. The Public server key remains the same as previous RKSL releases.

Well that's some good news. Exams out the way just in time too, thanks Rock and co!

Edited by Daniel

Really sweet... I was watching one of these a week ago at Waddington air show, with its nose at 45 degrees closely tailing a Spitfire.

A good challenge to land yours, and I should say as close as Arma 2 is going to get to emulating LOMAC. I think the movement of the canards and air-brake are just lovely. Thanks for your hard work.

Wen dis r be release for ACE!!!!11?

I kid xD

Really great plane, I love all the little details on it.

Will RKSL addons be available for those of us who run OA only? Really professional addons, thanks for the hard work.

Wen dis r be release for ACE!!!!11?

I kid xD

Really great plane, I love all the little details on it.

Actually, tested with ACE 2 on my system, there didn't seem to be any conflicts anyway, and it worked to perfection. Excellent job - an addon worth waiting for.

WOW!! I was tested in game and make me feel like in flight sim! Thank you for your hard work for our A2 fans. Without you that we can't play with it! Just few words to say, YOU ARE GREAT!!

using ACE means no ejecting

so dont crash folks :P

or just dont use ACE

Incredible work! and thank you for thinking about us more casual gamers!

Thanks for your work!!:cool:

This is great. Like the way afterburners are set up and the brakes with your normal controls. To bad this can't be used as a template for other aircraft. BTW I played with in OA and had no problems.

Lol i didnt even know that the original BIS dumb bombs where guided until now. I always just made a slightly angled run towards a target and dropped them when i had a good glide path. With great succes :) Guess i can just keep on doing that.

Yeah, i'd rather them not be guided either. I suppose there's too many versions to ask for an "AI variant". :P

Other than that, absolutely loving this aircraft, hope Mando adds compatibility at some point.

Yeah, i'd rather them not be guided either. I suppose there's too many versions to ask for an "AI variant". :P

Other than that, absolutely loving this aircraft, hope Mando adds compatibility at some point.

I'm not planning on getting into AI vs Human versions. I dont have the time to satisfy everyone's idea of how they should perform.

And re mando's stuff. What we have planned for the Targetting pod etc will probably make Mandos stuff redundant (on our aircraft atleast).

using ACE means no ejecting

so dont crash folks :P

or just dont use ACE

We'll be adding custom ejection system in a later version. Its in the todo list.

Will RKSL addons be available for those of us who run OA only? Really professional addons, thanks for the hard work.

You are the only person thats asked for it. But since you did, i'll make a config replacement for you. Just give me a day or two.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

And re mando's stuff. What we have planned for the Targetting pod etc will probably make Mandos stuff redundant (on our aircraft atleast).

That's good to hear. I'm familiar with Mando stuff and wasn't sure what RKSL had planned.

This is amazing Rock, thanks so much :D You've also made a friend of mine who's just away to get combined ops very happy, as he loves the Eurofighter.

Thank you Rock and team for this bird. :) Pure joy to fly.

Also the only one i actually use flaps when landing as most others becomes too light to land. Also, great weapon arsenal and superb looking model. Top job guys. Thank you.

A real beauty, not only is the model superb but the performance is outstanding in game. Congrats on the release!

Rock, do something I can complain about, this is getting boring.

Great work, man!

Great addon! Very good looking and a lot of nice features. :thumb:

Small critic: I think it's a little to agile compared to other jets at least if you use a joystick.

Looking forward to the next release version.