Sign in to follow this  
Defunkt

[CO] ANZINS Upgrades

ANZINS Weapons v1.5

ANZINSWeaponsv10.jpg

I hate crosshairs but dislike being near-helpless inside 50m nearly as much. This mod was created for use on our servers and retrofits guns from both A2 and OA with new OA features, in particular with some form of close-quarters sighting mode for several weapons with a magnifying optic. In a few cases they've also had their correct TI shader added (or in one case losing the TI shader in order to achieve the CQB thing).

AKS_74_PSO            +CQB (TI)
AK_107_GL_PSO         +CQB:Partial/Off-Centre
SVD                   +CQB (TI)
SVD_CAMO              +CQB
SVD_Des_EP1           +CQB -TI
KSVK                  +CQB (TI)
M16A4 (Aimpoint)           +TI +IR
M16A4_ACG             +CQB +TI +IR
M16A4_GL                   +TI +IR
M16A4_ACG_GL          +CQB +TI +IR
M4SPR                 +CQB
M4A1_RCO_GL           +CQB +TI +IR
M249_M145_EP1         +CQB (TI)
M240_Scoped_EP1       +CQB (TI)
M24                   +CQB +TI
M24_Des_EP1           +CQB (TI)
M107                  +CQB (TI)
SCAR_L_STD_EGLM_TWS   +CQB:Partial/Off-Centre (TI)
G36A                  +CQB
G36K                  +CQB
M8_Compact            +CQB
M8_Carbine            +CQB
M8_CarbineGL          +CQB
M8_Carbine_PMC        +CQB

The additional weapons_x.pbo should cause the sighting modes to be reversed so that the CQB sight comes first (before the full scope) both for the weapons above and all the OA weapons already equipped with a CQB position, this feels more natural/logical to me - delete this pbo if you don't like this change.

This addon is subject to the terms & conditions of Bohemia Interactive's ArmA Sample Models Release:

ArmA - Sample Models

====================

Copyright © 2008 Bohemia Interactive a.s. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is strictely prohibited.

For more information about ArmA addons modelling visit http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Modelling

This archive contains sample models, configs and model configs to be used in BI Editing Tools to create custom models for ArmA.

To distribute or modify or use the ArmA Sample Models in any way, you must agree to the following license:

THE LICENSE

============

1) Bohemia Interactive grants to you a personal, nonexclusive License to open, modify and distribute the ArmA Sample Models for the purpose of designing, developing, testing, and producing non-commercial game content for PC game ArmA and its sequels or expansion packs.

2) You acknowledge and agree that you will not commercially exploit any game content you may created using the models without Bohemia Interactive prior written permission.

3) Bohemia Interactive doesn't give you permission to exploit ArmA Sample Models in any other way, especially not to convert them for use in any other game or engine than ArmA or its sequels and expansion.

4) If you create and distribute a work based on the ArmA Sample Models you must license the entire work, as a whole, under this License to anyone who will be using it. This License gives no permission to license the work in any other way, but it does not invalidate such permission if you have separately received it.

CHANGES (1.5.3)

- Updated bisign files to V2 signature standard (bikey is unchanged).

CHANGES (1.5.2)

- Restored CfgAddOns preload for weapons_x as absence may be causing occasional warnings.

- Removed nightvision viewchange.

CHANGES (1.5)

- CQB sighting mode added for PMC M8 Carbine.

- Fixed discrepancy between displayed zeroing for XM8 sighting modes.

- BAF CQB sight modes now also reversed by weapons_x.pbo.

- Binoculars can no longer be ironsighted (didn't work that well) but can still be zoomed.

- Display name for AK-107 variants amended for consistency.

- Removed CfgAddOns preload for weapons_x (may cause warning when loading saved games).

CHANGES (1.4)

- Fixed missing muzzleflash on M16A4.

- Disabled M4A1_HWS_GL laser inherited from M4A1_RCO_GL.

- M107 bolt now animated in 1st LOD.

- Crappy old M16A2_GL ironsights replaced with current ironsights model.

- English display names for "M240 (scope)"/"M249 (scope)" changed to "M240 Elcan"/"M249 Elcan".

- Binoculars can now be ironsighted and zoomed.

- Night-vision reticle switched for one with a soft edge.

CHANGES (1.3)

- AKS_74_PSO with three sight positions (CQB/Ironsights/Scope).

- M4A1_ACG_GL with corrected shaders, working AN/PEQ-2 and TI texture.

- M16A4 (Aimpoint) with working AN/PEQ-2 and TI texture.

- KSVK with CQB position.

- M107 with CQB position.

- Removed bundled interface.pbo.

CHANGES (1.2)

- Added CQB sight for XM8; Compact, Carbine & Carbine/GL.

- Enabled AN/PEQ-2 targeting laser for M16A4; GL, ACOG & ACOG/GL.

CHANGES (1.1)

- Added CQB sight for G36A and G36K.

- SVD (non-ghillied) CQB position now uses ironsights.

- Fixed inheritence giving M4A1 Holo an ACOG derived mode.

DOWNLOADS

Armaholic

Mediafire

ANZINS Launchers v1.0

ANZINSLaunchersv10.jpg

Thought I'd post this facelift I made for the BIS Javelin CLU. No change to functionality, just visuals, adds one more working lamp to show when the launcher is empty.

CHANGES (1.0.1)

- Updated bisign files to V2 signature standard (bikey is unchanged).

DOWNLOADS

Armaholic

Mediafire

Edited by Defunkt
Updated

Awesome, being able to look over the top of weapons that don't have a dedicated CQB sight makes a lot of sense, anything with a PSO is next to useless in close quarters otherwise.

with the aks and SVD you can still use the normal iron sites with a PSO. well maybe not the camo svd...

Very nice idea! Gonna test immediately. Thx!

with the aks and SVD you can still use the normal iron sites with a PSO. well maybe not the camo svd...

I would clearly prefer it that way! :)

This modifikation should be used with every weapon (bis or not) out there imho!!!

Edited by DiFool

Great stuff! Been waiting for something like this for ages! Thanks, Defunkt!

Wait, did you just use the sample models, or do you somehow have MLODs of all the A2/OA stuff?

Edited by Big Dawg KS

Thx for the release! :cool:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

720896.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1485][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/720896.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1485]DOWNLOAD - [OA + A2] ANZINS Weapons (v.1.0) - [10.7 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

I think this will work okay for the standard SVD but the BI AKS-74/PSO model doesn't quite honour this usage, probably fixable but it's quite a claustrophobic view making it hard to acquire targets. I might yet add all three positions.

Wait, did you just use the sample models, or do you somehow have MLODs of all the A2/OA stuff?

Yeah right, I wish. No it's mainly sample models with updated shaders, a little hex editing and some good fortune (a couple of OA models I most wanted to add this for already had the required memory points and just need config'ing).

Thx for the release! :cool:

Thx for the mirror! :cool:

Wow,I have been waiting for this,thank you. :D Anyway to give ironsight weapons this function?I think ironsights with this would feel excellent.When playing with no crosshair you get two benefits....ability to get a slightly better view when lowered (more realistic for CQB)and a better sense of where weapon will be pointed once you do bring ironsights up.Lowered view upon initial optics up mode and then weapon zooms in when you raise the ironsight up.

Edited by Wolfstriked

M4A1 Holo seems to have an alternate view of the optics from an ACOG sight. Perhaps someone else can test to confirm this, as I was using some other add ons alongside this one when testing.

AKS-74 PSO cqb view is in a really useful position (top of sight centered).

AK 107GL-PSO less useful (skewed off to the side).

AK 107-PSO is missing a cqb view.

Great idea, though, and a useful addon, cheers.

Edited by Richey79

@Defunkt

Clever mod.

Could you use the same techniques better center all weapons when optics/ironsights is not used?

-k

You're aware that the PSO was designed to allow the troops to still view their ironsights, correct?

svdpso.jpg

vsspso.jpg

UPDATED (1.1)

- Added CQB sight for G36A and G36K.

- SVD (non-ghillied) CQB position now uses ironsights.

- Fixed inheritence giving M4A1 Holo an ACOG derived mode.

Anyway to give ironsight weapons this function?

Perhaps optionally, not sure everybody would want to have to select between 2 (in some cases 3) modes. There's a number of other things I'd want to get done before looking at it.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thank you.

M4A1 Holo seems to have an alternate view of the optics from an ACOG sight.

Thanks, fixed. Regretably there is no model source for the AK-107s.

Could you use the same techniques better center all weapons when optics/ironsights is not used?

Possibly, depends on why they're off (original M16 models seem slightly skewed) and if we have the model source, if you give me some specifics I can check.

would this work for grenade launchers? ie .. "CQB" sights that let you see through nade launcher leaf?

Thx for the udate! Your mod brings ArmA2 even closer to reality. Plus: it's really useful. :)

Decided to do a bit more, apologies to anyone who downloaded the last.

UPDATED (1.2)

- Added CQB sight for XM8; Compact, Carbine & Carbine/GL.

- Enabled AN/PEQ-2 targeting laser for M16A4; GL, ACOG & ACOG/GL.

would this work for grenade launchers? ie .. "CQB" sights that let you see through nade launcher leaf?

You know that could just work but it'd take an absolute ton of trial and error, maybe later.

Yeah, I quite enjoy it too. I'd be happy with the claustrophobic AK74/PSO iron sights... although if you could do all three to the weapon, I'd be most impressed.

I really wonder if that turret/wheel beneath the PSO scope really exists?

Edited by DiFool

I understand how hard it is to mod weapon placement.I did alot for Stalker and aligning sights took a few hours each weapon.Any tiny movement of front or rear post threw off the opposite side and also the exact point of impact of bullet.Don't know if its this hard to do in Arma2 yet imagine its not a piece of cake.

Would be nice if alot of people like it if BI could do for us is to give option to have two change optics mode keys like they have with zoom.A toggle type like we have now and a hold down key so when you release the key it reverts back to original mode.You could then bind both zoom in and change optics mode to hold Rmouse and go from over the top view to zoomed in....release Rmouse and it zooms back out and back to original over the top view.Would work equally well for scopes and irons sights.