Sign in to follow this  
lostatneverseen

Dam when will DI optimize towns and cities

I cant help think that the FPS ddrops need some serious thinking when buildings appear, there is just to much stutter, anyone else agree

AMD 965

4 GIG

I cant help think that the FPS ddrops need some serious thinking when buildings appear, there is just to much stutter, anyone else agree

AMD 965

4 GIG

When you learn to get the right company!

"MAN there r just 2 many problim w/ this gaem!1 it is compleetly unacseptible 4 a finished product WAT WERE BIS THINK. I AM DISAPPOINT"

For some reason that post reminded me of Jon's Master Chief... :D

"...WAT WERE BIS THINK. I AM DISAPPOINT"

I cried- I am still laughing hahaha thanks Zipper. :D

arma 2 and OA are betas for Arma 3 OP

the game is always a work in progress but I do agree some of the issues in the engine should have top priority right now been in long enough

Cool thread! :D

Even though I have to agree with the OP. :)

The stuttering and bad performance really need an eye on them...

I bought a new CPU (same as OP) and partly got worse results with OA. :)

I agree. The performance is quite horrible in some circumstances. Especially considering how ugly everything looks. You just learn to live with it or call quits :(

performance in OA has to be the most inconsistant anomoly I have ever seen. :eek:

Updating my sig to express in Nice.... words what I feel.

Edited by Flash Thunder
GRAMMAR NAZI

I havn't got OA yet, but in ArmA II, the performance like halved when you stepped inside a town. Stand inside a large city/town. And you cant do anything. :(

Also, who is DI??? lol

I agree but accept it, or rather, I am dissapoint but have learned to live with it.

BIS probably could improve performance in built up areas but that would mean reducing fidelity, both of the simulation and the graphics. The performance drop in cities is for me is noticeable but playable and worth the cost.

I melted my DVD and set it on fire, but GL4 made it swirl, laggy as hell!

BUt .. yes, true ... try built up areas and OA ambient civilians ... stutter heaven :)

This game isnt meant to be played for a few more years I guess same with arma 1 back then there was a patch that gave a huge performance increase wasnt it like 120%?

quad core 2,4ghz processor not good enough

9800's deffinetly not good enough

lots of people saying they still have alot of issues with fps and stuttering even with 5870's or other similar beast GPUs.

Rendering efficiency seems like its pretty god aweful

This game is litteraly ahead of its time. BIS should take the next 3 years to wait for gaming to catch up with them. :D

This game is litteraly ahead of its time. BIS should take the next 3 years to wait for gaming to catch up with them. :D

No it's not, the AI is pretty shitty, it's laggy and bad performance to graphics ratio.

It's one of a kind though, and the gameplay is still pretty nice.

To be honest, if a good war simulator came out I'd choose that over ARMA most likely :/

Problem with towns is it's a lot of highly textured polygons in a very small space on a very large map. It can be very hard to optimize that without an AAA size development team.

As for the AI ; for the size of the world and what it can do it is pretty impressive. It's hard to compare it to anything because nothing is on the same scale as arma2. Look at fallout3 or oblivion. Their worlds are considerably smaller yet their AI is horrid.

Play on close servers if it's laggy.

Lower settings and view distance if you're getting low fps. Find what's bottlenecking you and adjust.

Don't expect many war simulators as well. Arma's community is extremely niche and thus BI has a good grip on it. Making a game better than arma is a huge risk and not many developers want to take the risk for such a small market.

I wish DI would make better games too.... D:

DI is BI's evil twin. They are causing massive FPS drops in large cities. It is happening all around the world it seems.

DI is BI's evil twin. They are causing massive FPS drops in large cities. It is happening all around the world it seems.

Would explain why I can't walk straight when in cities

DI? what? D is nowhere near B on the keydoard

Doh'emia Interactive. As Jelliz said, BI's evil drother :D

But I think he meant DI!

He even spelled Dam right! So many people have been adding an N to the end of it but obviously that's not how you spell it!!

As for the AI ; for the size of the world and what it can do it is pretty impressive. It's hard to compare it to anything because nothing is on the same scale as arma2. Look at fallout3 or oblivion. Their worlds are considerably smaller yet their AI is horrid.

Even Fallout3/Oblivion is nowhere near as buggy as the OA AI is. In those games it has a tendancy to belly-up due to player behaviour (ie overpowering sneak, or similar).

In OA it bugs out simply because... it bugs out. AI in vehicles cannot target enemy vehicles, soldiers stand around and stare, improper handling of weapons, inability to drive, etc. Its all part of the core AI and its broken.

Imagine if in Fallout 3 you found a Deathclaw, it charge you, then stop 5m in front and slowly spin 360 degrees without attacking you. Every time you encounter one.

Even Fallout3/Oblivion is nowhere near as buggy as the OA AI is. In those games it has a tendancy to belly-up due to player behaviour (ie overpowering sneak, or similar).

In OA it bugs out simply because... it bugs out. AI in vehicles cannot target enemy vehicles, soldiers stand around and stare, improper handling of weapons, inability to drive, etc. Its all part of the core AI and its broken.

Imagine if in Fallout 3 you found a Deathclaw, it charge you, then stop 5m in front and slowly spin 360 degrees without attacking you. Every time you encounter one.

Well that's very far from what i'm experiencing, apart from the AI driving on roads, which is very problematic since OFP. You must be playing DI games and not BI ones :rolleyes: