Sign in to follow this  
darkxess

Em, slight problem with textures I think

Ok everything is working great on my newly created map! untill now, ive started to put in objects, buildings, runway, etc... and as you see from the pictures a distance away the runway etc looks fine, but when you get nearer you can see, the place is full of grass! and in pic 1 and 2 you can see in the hanger there is no concrete! ... what am i doing wrong?

Also another problem is, when i had an empty map with no object, i had a good log file, no errors, missing, etc etc...

Pics:

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

But look now, ive got stuff saying that the config class etc is missing!

whats this? lol...

ca\buildings\ss_hangar.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\structures\mil\mil_controltower.p3d: tower, config class missing
ca\structures\mil\mil_house.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\structures\mil\mil_guardhouse.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\structures\mil\mil_barracks_l.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\structures\mil\mil_barracks.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\structures\mil\mil_barracks_i.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\buildings\hangar_2.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\buildings\hangar_2.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\buildings\hangar_2.p3d: house, config class 'Land_hangar_2' missing
ca\buildings\hangar_2.p3d: house, config class 'Land_hangar_2' missing
ca\structures\mil\mil_controltower.p3d: tower, config class 'Land_mil_controltower' missing
ca\structures\mil\mil_house.p3d: house, config class 'Land_mil_house' missing
ca\buildings\ss_hangar.p3d: house, config class 'Land_ss_hangar' missing
ca\structures\mil\mil_barracks_l.p3d: house, config class 'Land_mil_barracks_l' missing
ca\structures\mil\mil_barracks.p3d: house, config class 'Land_mil_barracks' missing
ca\structures\mil\mil_guardhouse.p3d: house, config class 'Land_mil_guardhouse' missing
ca\structures\mil\mil_barracks_i.p3d: house, config class 'Land_mil_barracks_i' missing

Please can someone help, thanks...

Edited by DarkXess
Title change to be more informative :)

First problem is related to the mask

The mask control not only the texture that you have at close distance but the type of clutter (plants, bushes and so on that are rendered a close distance) associated to that texture.

What you have to do is edit the masl with GIMP, photoshp or whatever and paint another colour in the mask and associate it to a beton or asfalt texture and a no clutter value.

Look at Allie's tutorials in the first sticky thread in this subforum to see how it is done.

And for the other problem, what I think it's happening is that you haven't unbinarized the configs of all P3ds and copied all cpp to the p:/your_tag folder.

Again this is something explained in Allie's tutorials.

Hope you solve these problems soon

First problem is related to the mask

The mask control not only the texture that you have at close distance but the type of clutter (plants, bushes and so on that are rendered a close distance) associated to that texture.

What you have to do is edit the masl with GIMP, photoshp or whatever and paint another colour in the mask and associate it to a beton or asfalt texture and a no clutter value.

Look at Allie's tutorials in the first sticky thread in this subforum to see how it is done.

And for the other problem, what I think it's happening is that you haven't unbinarized the configs of all P3ds and copied all cpp to the p:/your_tag folder.

Again this is something explained in Allie's tutorials.

Hope you solve these problems soon

Ok, ive just looked at them over and over again, ive noticed in my map, all the object are "0" elevation values! then i looked in the sample "rahmadi" map and noticed every object has values in it, if its this, would this mean ill have to add the values to each and every object?

Also, unbinarized the configs? you mean unPbo the folders etc? how to go around that then ive been through the guides step by step, i couldnt of missed it! lol... thanks for the reply anyways.

Hi Darkxess...

Ok I'll cover both your posts and PM's here - though I see you've had the relevant answers already...

Roads - you need to install them all in Visitors road tool first - Alliex's Roads Tutorial and a thread that turned up by searching for "roads" called Please tell me everything you've learned about road networks should be enough info to get them installed properly... ;)... once you've done that, to import a road made with Homers tool, you just place the same starting point keypart, in visitor - at the same location you placed it when using Homers tool - doubleclick it - select the "Direction" you want to add the road onto - then, in the new window that pops up - import the road file...

Bridges - again, you got the relevant info in your other thread - water depth is up to you I guess... deep enough to require a bridge I suppose - you line the pieces up then select them all and set the height with the "SetAbsoluteHeight" script... Roads don't "join on" really - you just sort of overlap the end of the bridge with the approaching road so it looks OK... at least, thats what I've been doing...

Ground Textures - The Wiki Page explains the concept in detail - you want to read this, especially the section titled "Basic Surfaces"... watch out for the "more than 4 mask colours per segment" issue, but you can define any texture to be with or without clutter... an asphalt texture without clutter is what you want for around your airport maybe...

If you want more than just rock, grass, sand, since you're using L3DT I'd suggest you start looking at modifying a climate to give a more varied mask output - again bearing in mind that 4 colour limit... the asphalt you'd need to hand paint onto your mask and sat in the appropriate areas - same as runways and roads - since that sort of thing isn't easily defined in L3DT...

Section 3 of the "Resourcelink" Sticky has a few links for Mask & Sat info - and THIS is another worthwhile thread...

More of that concrete taxiway object as a floor for your hangar is another option...

You can also supress clutter in specific areas by placing invisible road sections - which you'll probably want to do at your airport anyway to get the ground smoothed and flat...

As far as the binarize errors are concerned, I think Mankyle is right...

I think it's happening is that you haven't unbinarized the configs of all P3ds and copied all cpp to the p:/your_tag folder.

... except he means your P:\xess\CA folder of course - I'm pretty sure I explained that procedure in another reply... looks like you may be missing a config.cpp or two from the paths indicated by the log...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Em, can someone explain how to unbinarize these files please? ive look in the tut and found nothing about how to do this.

Im still getting the error! and ive tried everything. Ive look in the folders, things are there yes, in P3D Format! so how to get them to change?

also there is soooooooooo many! i need to do this for every config of every building etc?

Thanks

Edited by DarkXess

Sorry for the bump! ive looked and looked and still cant find a solution to

my problem, can someone please help?

Thank you

Em, ive already got this "xcopy *.cpp P:\TUT\ca\ /S /Y" so I put it in my /P:/CA folder then?

And it will unbinarize the files I need, then thats it? or I need to move the cpp files after also?

thanks bush for your answer

Edit:

Mine is xcopy *.cpp P:\xess\ca\ /S /Y and its in my CA folder! that is correct?

Edited by DarkXess

More or less - in the tutorial you would have made a CA folder inside the "TUT" namespace using the .bat file... it would have been a mirror of your P:\CA folder - except containing config.cpp's only...

You need to do the same thing, but this time edit the batch file so it makes the CA folder inside your P:\xess\ namespace..

In the end you'll have TWO CA folders - the main one - P:\CA - which has all the game assets unPBO'd (tons of .p3d models) and their config.bins derapified (as in Katipo's thread)... and another one - P:\xess\CA - which the batch file will make, and which will contain all the config.cpps from the main one

B

Edit:

Yup - run that and it should make the required folder - if it doesn't, its the same as Katipo's problem - probably... the config.cpps are still config.bins - you need to convert them to config.cpps as per Katipo's thread....

Edited by Bushlurker

This is obvious but the script should be run from inside p:\ca folder.

more bug free way could be: xcopy p:\ca\*.cpp p:\xess\ca\ /S /Y

this can be run from anywhere in your hard disk.

Yup - run that and it should make the required folder

Ok, I done it, and it made a ca folder in my "xess" folder, inside was just a config.cpp and when I went to

binarize it said "error with my config file" its just made a duplicate of the same config.cpp file from my map! lol...

Is that what its sopposed to do?

Edit: sorry about this, anyways... ive just done it! and I watched my folder while doing it, i seen the structures folder come up!

it must of been doing something then the structures folder just disapeared again! lol... Shezan74 I tried your way too, nothing also :(

2nd Edit: it seems to be working, but not saving the ca/configs files etc whatever its sopposed to de-pack! i can see the file come up!

and liturely after 2 seconds or so it dissapears again! any ideas guys? my configs files ARE .bin at the moment!

3rd Edit: lol took me a while, but got a piccy! its FAST! lol...

pic1.jpg

Edited by DarkXess

The batch file looks for "config.cpp"'s - it'll ignore "config.bin"'s - sounds like Katipo's problem - read that thread - unbinarize all config.bin's to config.cpps with Mikeros Derapify - run batch file again

B

The batch file looks for "config.cpp"'s - it'll ignore "config.bin"'s - sounds like Katipo's problem - read that thread - unbinarize all config.bin's to config.cpps with Mikeros Derapify - run batch file again

B

Lol this is funny, I just changed this: xcopy *.cpp P:\xess\ca\ /S /Y

to this: xcopy *.bin P:\xess\ca\ /S /Y

So, its working! just not for .cpp files! cause it put everything in the right place

in my xess/ca/ folder as bin files like it should! except not .cpp

:j:

If the batch file can't find any config.cpp's - it might be because there aren't any! They may well all still be config.bin files.....

Just checked and all of mine seem to be ".cpp"'s - maybe I derapified (UNbinned) all the config.bin files first... I'm not sure now - it's so long ago I can't actually remember...

Sgt Ace's instructions seem to assume they'll all already be .cpp's, and Alliex just quotes Sgt Ace... who does say...

"blah, blah, blah...Now each time you unpack a *.pbo by doubleclick you´ll recieve a clean unpacked file with *.p3ds, config.cpp and all other stuff from the pbo.

There are of course much further ways to extract pbos and unrap config.bin's but this is a very conformable one."

So it looks like he's assuming the DEpbo process he uses is also derapifying the config.bin's to config.cpps for you... an all-in-one sort of thing...

No matter... you're all DEpbo'd and therefore you should have config.bin's at least - you just need to derapify all the config.bins in the main P:\CA and all subfolders where there is one... then the batch file will work ok...

Mikero's DeRapify Tool will convert config.bin's to config.cpp's - as will Eliteness the PBO tool, and a few others...

... a step-by-step guide since I have a couple of minutes to spare... all from memory I'm afraid, so don't nail me if I'm wrong - I'll check later...

Download and unpack Mikeros Derapify... You'll get a "Derapify1.8" folder or something...

(might also have to download "DePbo.dll" and drop it in the same folder as Derapify... read the readmes)...

open that folder in windows explorer - change view to icons so you have a nice big target

open another explorer window - showing P:\CA

start working thru all the folders in here - every time you see a config.bin - just physically drag it to the "Derapify.exe" icon in the other window...

You'll see a "config.bin.txt" file appear in beside the config.bin

delete that config.bin, rename the config.bin.txt to plain old config.cpp

move on to the next folder inside P:\CA...

check every folder in there - find all the config.bins and replace them with the new config.cpp's

then run the Batch File...

should work.....

PS - The batch file is designed for the Tutorial, of course... it'll create the new "configs-only" CA folder inside the demonstration P:\TUT\ namespace... - when you come to make up your own namespace folder - edit the batchfile so it reads...

xcopy *.cpp P:\Katipo\ca\ /S /Y

or whatever namespace/tag you decide to use...

B

final PS... Not every folder in P:\CA will actually have a config.bin... Plants2 doesn't for example - so check EVERY folder AND subfolder and convert every one you see... but don't panic if some folders don't seem to have one....

... same as Katipo's issue - in this thread

B

... same as Katipo's issue - in this thread

B

Ok, ive already tried that anyways, here is the download: http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/6683/Derapify1.65a.rar and its not the 1.8 one whatever, and also its not working for me! :( I cant even understand the bloody thing! lol, where do you put it? what do you set the configs to target to? etc...

Problem after problem! im getting grey hair already! :butbut:

I drag the .bin file in to the derapify.exe and nothing! it just goes to a black screen and quickly back out again! nothing is returned from it!

Edited by DarkXess

Not sure how to make it any simpler...

Download and unpack Mikeros Derapify... You'll get a "Derapify1.8" folder or something...

1.65a will do - whatever... unpack wherever you like... doesn't matter...

(might also have to download "DePbo.dll" and drop it in the same folder as Derapify... read the readmes)...

Download from same page - readme's included with both...

open that folder in windows explorer - change view to icons so you have a nice big target
open another explorer window - showing P:\CA

So you have two windows - side by side...

start working thru all the folders in P:\CA - every time you see a config.bin - just physically drag it to the "Derapify.exe" icon in the other window...
You'll see a "config.bin.txt" file appear in beside the config.bin

created in the same folder as the config.bin you just dragged...rename it to config.cpp

Do this for every single folder and subfolder in P:CA - then you WILL have config.cpp's - and the batch file will then find them...

B

Do this for every single folder and subfolder in P:CA - then you WILL have config.cpp's - and the batch file will then find them...

B

I know what your saying mate, ive followed it through, but still with no prevail!

its just going in to a black window and closes very quickly, shouldnt I edit the

derap.bat file? its got this inside:

@echo off

D:\projects\VC\MikePbo\DosTools\RapTools\Derapify\Release\derapify.exe %1

pause

And also, when I press the "derap.bat" its saying:

The system cannot find the path specified.

press any key to continue...

:confused:

You drag the config.bin to the "Derapify.EXE" - It opens a DOS window - does the conversion, and closes again - real fast... the result should be a derapified copy of the config.bin - called config.bin.txt - which is created inside the same folder as the source config.bin you just dragged...

You rename this to "config.cpp" then do the next folder - etc, etc

B

You drag the config.bin to the "Derapify.EXE" - It opens a DOS window - does the conversion, and closes again - real fast... the result should be a derapified copy of the config.bin - called config.bin.txt - which is created inside the same folder as the source config.bin you just dragged...

You rename this to "config.cpp" then do the next folder - etc, etc

B

Ive done it just like you said! time and time again and yes it does it real quick!

and there is no result from it! its got to be the tool is not right! or its a windows 7 thing! honestly ive done it exactly to how you have said! and still nothing.

If only I could record it and show you! lol

Edit: thinking of it, watching it real quick, im not seeing any writing in the doss window either if thats any helpfull...

Does anyone mind giving me there Configs please? in cpp format? hehe...
:cool: Edited by DarkXess

My settings are on normal-low-very low but the only thing higher is textures which is on Very High (Doesn't make a difference on performance)