Sign in to follow this  
bboy

Help with Alimag's Arma II Briefing Manager [1.1]!

that program looks great. i tyed to make a brifing, but when i put into the mission folder, nothings happen... so, on the forum i saw that brifing it's not a only thing that i need to have in my mission folder. i am a new fresh with making missions... i need to finish my first one. if someone can explain to me HOW to do all of that? I want to use that program. So, how i need to name that file, briefing.sqf right? then, do i need to create init.sqf? What to write there? If someone can tell me that, first tnings firs... in order! thanks!

..do i need to create init.sqf? What to write there?

Yes, in your init.sqf simply write:

execVM "briefing.sqf";

Nevermind...

What you tryin' to say with that?

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

execVM "briefing.sqf";

o.k... but, you want to say that is only thing i have to do? How to save my briefing? Like SQF or HTML?

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

execVM "briefing.sqf";

doesent work man... i created a briefing.sqf (With Arma II Briefing Menager 1.1), i put in the same folder init.sqf with that execVM "briefing.sqf";

nothing... i'm playing that mission in OA? Change something?

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

// A2BM W  € € 110

// DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE

waitUntil {!(isNull player)};

waitUntil {player==player};

switch (side player) do

{

case WEST:

{

player createDiaryRecord ["Diary",["briefing","As the tensions grow between Takistan and NATO about arms control of a WMD (Weapons of Mass Destruction), Alliance decided to take a further actions. Couple squadrons of fighter aircrafts and helicopters are situated in the <marker name=military_base_west'>Military Base</marker> near border with Takistan. Takistani Armed Forces believe that the first step is made...<br/> In order to prevent first strike, Takistani Armed Forces Command order to one "L-39 Albatros" squadron to take-off from the <marker name='airfield_east'>airfield</marker> near Loy Manara and move toward <marker name='military_base_west'>Miltary Base</marker> near Rasman in order to remove the threat.]];

};

case EAST:

{

};

case RESISTANCE:

{

};

case CIVILIAN:

{

};

};

my briefing looks like that... its not finished, but i was thinking that i can see at least a product... if something wrong, please tell...

What you tryin' to say with that?

I hadn't read your post properly, so what I replied with was useless - asked a moderator to delete it :)

o.k... but, can you help me? i saw that people watching, but nobody writing...

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

I hadn't read your post properly, so what I replied with was useless - asked a moderator to delete it :)

o.k. but, can you help me? people watching, but nobody writing... i hope that is not because what's writed, cos' people, that's just a game...

hello bboy, I consider myself as scripting beginner, but it seems that you need quite a lot input about basic stuff. So if you like, check following links, there you will find a lot of useful informations and maybe an alternative solution for how to make your briefing.

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=6751

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89257

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78089

Hope this is helpful...

I just tried briefing manager 1.1 and it works really well.

save it as briefing.sqf

and create an init.sqf file and make sure it's not saving a text file.

with this in it nul=[] execvm"briefing.sqf";

I tried your briefing BBOY and it threw up an error here "L-39 Albatros" the editor has a bug and it should really convert that to ""L-39 Albatros"" in the notes that'll show up correctly as "L-39 Albatros".

The rule is quotes within quotes need extra quotes.

Edited by F2k Sel

I just tried briefing manager 1.1 and it works really well.

save it as briefing.sqf

and create an init.sqf file and make sure it's not saving a text file.

with this in it nul=[] execvm"briefing.sqf";

I tried your briefing BBOY and it threw up an error here "L-39 Albatros" the editor has a bug and it should really convert that to ""L-39 Albatros"" in the notes that'll show up correctly as "L-39 Albatros".

The rule is quotes within quotes need extra quotes.

Nothing man... i tryed everything... i extract a bunch of briefings from mission pbo's from the users... they all look difernt... but they all work! Mine no! What i need to do else...

There really is nothing else to do it should work.

try putting nul=[] execvm"briefing.sqf"; in a units or gamelogic init as that should also work.

If not zip up your mission and I'll take a look.

There really is nothing else to do it should work.

try putting nul=[] execvm"briefing.sqf"; in a units or gamelogic init as that should also work.

If not zip up your mission and I'll take a look.

I just cant believe! But i can believe... I found the problem! for everything, for whole briefing the problem is only one word... "L-39 Albatros". Like this, the briefing desent start at all... If I put, L-39 Albatros, it's o.k.... if i put 'L-39 Albatros' , it's o.k... but if i put "L-39 Albatros" , NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The briefing doesent start at all! So, those things "" are the problem! I spent whole afternoon to find where i wrong... Like i said, i saw a lot a diferent briefings and they all looks diferent, but they all works... Even the init is a diferent, for example, you can put , nul=[] execvm"briefing.sqf"; , working, or you can put, execVM "briefing.sqf" , working... Even if the init have extension .SQS , it's o.k... Thank you all on help, especially thank you F2k Sel! Because off that, i'll will give you a good aero SP mission, cos' i saw the aero missions it's not so popular between the players...

Cool, do you have the -showScriptErrors enabled, if not open your shortcut to arm2 or OA and add this to the end of the target line with a space between -showScriptErrors

Cool, do you have the -showScriptErrors enabled, if not open your shortcut to arm2 or OA and add this to the end of the target line with a space between -showScriptErrors

i will try that... thank you man!

Tek Toni those are fantastic links thank you so much !!