Sign in to follow this  
wiggum2

[OA] Co04/SP - Simple Instant Action - with random tasks

Yes indeed sir, this is looking nice & posh :)

Yes forget the complex percentage thing. I would gladly test this out for you too, much appreciated, as and when just pass a PM ;) I can try it through GL4/Zeus, mods and betas and see what happens :) Also GL4 has random weather so running that takes over the weather system anyway.

Yes, if someone wants to waste his lifetime in front of the PC he could easily add 50 differnt tasks and make every single village on the map a possible location...

LOL ... yes very true. I would say that if you think its ok for people to open up the hood of this later and do such things, then make it clear in a readme and in the first post as regards usage terms and such :) You never know this template could spawn many a version "Simple Instant Action - XXL" :)

I think I like that flag mission idea, kind of adds an MP game feel (a bit like Seize Zones) so that's a welcomed mission, plenty of firefighting and defending.

Edited by mrcash2009

I think I like that flag mission idea, kind of adds an MP game feel (a bit like Seize Zones) so that's a welcomed mission, plenty of firefighting and defending.

After testing all different tasks i have to say that "Secure the flagpole" is my favorite one... :D

Currently im thinking about adding a "different" first-aid system...

I have found this script by IndeedPete:

_unit = _this select 0;
_delay = _this select 1;

while {alive _unit} do {
waituntil {damage _unit >= 0.1};
_x = (damage _unit) * 10;
_x = round _x;
hint format ["x: %1",_x];
switch (_x) do {
	case 1 : {sleep _delay; _unit setDamage 0;};
	case 2 : {sleep _delay; _unit setDamage 0.1;};
	case 3 : {sleep _delay; _unit setDamage 0.2;};
	case 4 : {sleep _delay; _unit setDamage 0.3;};
	case 5 : {sleep _delay; _unit setDamage 0.4;};
	case 6 : {sleep _delay; _unit setDamage 0.5;};
	case 7 : {sleep _delay; _unit setDamage 0.6;};
	case 8 : {sleep _delay; _unit setDamage 0.7;};
	case 9 : {sleep _delay; _unit setDamage 0.8;};
};
};

Now, what this does is healing the player if he gets wounded in steps and with delay.

So imagine you get shot into the legs (damage 0.6 / 1.0 would mean dead).

The delay is set to 5sec. So after 5 sec. your damage is 0.5...after 5 more 0.4 and so on...until you reach 0 (no damage at all).

I would use this only on the players unit. That would mean that a shot into the legs no longer means that you are totally helpless and have to restart.

You maybe think that you will never die with this script, but thats wrong.

If you recieve damage 1.0 or 2*0.5 in a short periode of time you are still dead !

After testing it i like this, what did you think ?

Wiggum, why not just add one the revive script floating around ?

As far as i know that Revive Script by Norrin works not the way i want it.

If you will get hit you would still be unable to move.

@Revive script

Rather Call of Duty inspired, but still a welcome change from the sometimes tedious revive scripts that are around.

Question: What is now the function of the squad medic?

@Flagpoles

Bring it on! :) Although why not add steal the car as well? Come to think of it it was one of my favorite missions from OPF. It'd be great to be able to a spiritual successor in a coop environment.

Note: The idea was that the enemy UAZ was filled with documents detailing russian attack or defense plans.

@Mission Selection

Would it not make more sense to have the mission type selection BEFORE the briefing so players will get to know what to bring?

While the UI is hot looking, I think it'd be preferable to offer the various selections during the role assignment phase. (mission parameters)

Eitherway things are looking good. :)

-k

This is the first screen you will see after the briefing and gear selection

As above I mis-read this, yes indeed I guess it does kind of miss the point of gearing up if you go "random" as its post gear selection without prior knowledge. Although its justified to a point with a selected mission becuase you could argue that you know what your going to go for next, so gear up, then select it after.

I would advise though that in the briefing make some more clear instructions that suggest the kind of needed gear you may want to select "now" under a mission type heading with gear "tips" underneath per mission type, so people can get a good idea that the menu will come, "so gear up now".

Again this doesn't cover random, unless you script the gear for random so the main things required for that mission (satchels etc) are with the leader on start if its that mission that has randomly run. Or a big note to state "Random created mission will have basic kit pre selected, only gear up for selected mission type" or something like that.

The revive thing sounds good as it balanced with keeping alive and also still not being complacent when incoming fire happens with the values to still wound, so that sounds good, would have to test it to really give it feedback. Although a medic would suit me from my team as normal, so to have battle clearance & medic system and a medic in the team would do me personally either way:)

BTW I think i mentioned this before, could you implement the "Hybrid Command" script into your mission? This basically latches onto the leader of the team via init and adds a "HCS" option under "command" which means that you can dynamically put your team/any team AI/selected man into High Command, this would be great for planning & way-points for flanks and planning attacks and such. Also you can dynamically return them to your group/back out of high command and local again at any time too. Its a feature added to Cipher (and the latest) so its mission friendly.

BTW I think Hybrid Command should be implemented via BIS into the main command system by default.

Also ... would a 6 man team (option in mission or mission version) be viable?

Edited by mrcash2009

Thanks again for the feedback mrcash2009 and NkEnNy !

@Revive script

Rather Call of Duty inspired, but still a welcome change from the sometimes tedious revive scripts that are around.

Question: What is now the function of the squad medic?

He is now the only one who is able to heal your other squad members.

that would mean that if you loose your medic your heavily wounded squad members have no chance to survive.

I have to think about the concept of the system a bit more, so nothing is final here.

Im also thinking about some kind of respawn for your squad members...

@Flagpoles

Bring it on! :) Although why not add steal the car as well? Come to think of it it was one of my favorite missions from OPF. It'd be great to be able to a spiritual successor in a coop environment.

Note: The idea was that the enemy UAZ was filled with documents detailing russian attack or defense plans.

Add the moment i dont plan to add another task, maybe in i future update.

@Mission Selection

Would it not make more sense to have the mission type selection BEFORE the briefing so players will get to know what to bring?

While the UI is hot looking, I think it'd be preferable to offer the various selections during the role assignment phase. (mission parameters)

As above I mis-read this, yes indeed I guess it does kind of miss the point of gearing up if you go "random" as its post gear selection without prior knowledge. Although its justified to a point with a selected mission becuase you could argue that you know what your going to go for next, so gear up, then select it after.

I would advise though that in the briefing make some more clear instructions that suggest the kind of needed gear you may want to select "now" under a mission type heading with gear "tips" underneath per mission type, so people can get a good idea that the menu will come, "so gear up now".

This is not possible, i cant show the mission selection before briefing. I could show it first but then i will have to deactivate the briefing screen completly and so the gear selection would not work.

But i will give very detailed instructions in the readme (notes) during briefing screen.

Again this doesn't cover random, unless you script the gear for random so the main things required for that mission (satchels etc) are with the leader on start if its that mission that has randomly run. Or a big note to state "Random created mission will have basic kit pre selected, only gear up for selected mission type" or something like that.

I will tell the people inside the notes in the briefing that if they choose random, then there will be a ammo crate at the starting position with everything inside so they can choose theyr gear again. This crate will be deleted if the player walks to far away from the starting posaition.

BTW I think i mentioned this before, could you implement the "Hybrid Command" script into your mission? This basically latches onto the leader of the team via init and adds a "HCS" option under "command" which means that you can dynamically put your team/any team AI/selected man into High Command, this would be great for planning & way-points for flanks and planning attacks and such. Also you can dynamically return them to your group/back out of high command and local again at any time too. Its a feature added to Cipher (and the latest) so its mission friendly.

Mhhh...sounds interesting.

I will have a look at it, thanks for the link !

Also ... would a 6 man team (option in mission or mission version) be viable?

Im currently thinking about the size of the squad and something of a respawn system with "respawn positions" that can be captured by the player...but this is currently just a idea and not tested in the editor.

Edited by Wiggum

I will tell the people inside the notes in the briefing that if they choose random, then there will be a ammo crate at the starting position with everything inside so they can choose theyr gear again. This crate will be deleted if the player walks to far away from the starting position.

Yeh that sounds good enough, I guess its a limitation not to be able to have options pre-briefing so its nothing you can really do about it.

Mhhh...sounds interesting.

I will have a look at it, thanks for the link !

Yes indeed, try it out just for personal use anyway mate, its a nice little addition, I dont leave home without it :) Im not sure about MP compatibility but its in the latest OA Cipher version which is MP. Its so simply to set up, ref the sqf via init on leader at init and your away. Check out the OA Cipher takistan mission also, im sure it re-syncs with re spawn and such, but again test it out.

Really hoping that we will see v2.0 sometime. Just read through the thread, sounds awesome.

-OP

Last convo I had with Wiggum he had lost his mission making Mojo on this one with its complexity. I for one would love to see its final V2.0 out, but not holding my breath its been a while.

Really hoping that we will see v2.0 sometime. Just read through the thread, sounds awesome.

-OP

Sorry, there never will be a v2.0 of this.

It just was too complex and i have lost the overview over all those scripts... :(

But you can download and play v1.1, see this first post for the link !

Maybe post it as-is with a read-me (about scope & detail) and let someone else take the reign?

Then again, that's easy for me to say :)