sander

Takistan coop mission pack

Version 2.3 adds three new missions to the Takistan coop mission pack and includes updates to various existing ones, mainly to improve helicopter insertion and extraction.

New files:

co06_hail_csar.Takistan.pbo

co08_cache_ratio.Takistan.pbo

co16_at_barriers.Takistan.pbo

Hail C-SAR has a rescue team destroying enemy AA before moving to a crash site and extracting with the survivors

Cache Ratio features an infantry squad combing a village for intelligence and heavy weapons

At Barriers has two infantry squads clearing out a village and destroying obstacles while awaiting the arrival of reinforcements

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Version 2.4 adds another two new missions for a grand total of 33 coops.

New files:

co06_dead_tracks.Takistan.pbo

co09_thrash_metal.Takistan.pbo

Dead Tracks has Special Forces checking two villages for the presence of enemy armour

Thrash Metal features an infantry squad clearing enemy weapon positions and defending against armoured counterattack

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Hey Sanders.

I don't think I said this before, and it should've been said: big thanks for these! Thanks to You, there's always something to play with.

Only cons: gun and ammo choosen in briefing. It's broken since ArmA 1. Needs to be changed, otherwise in half of the missions it's really hard to survive\win.

And btw, You must really love Sakhe ;)

Thanks for your comments.

There is a workaround for the gear selection in the briefing phase. Rather than all players pressing the continue button to indicate that they are ready only the admin should do so. Whereas in the former case it is random who receives the selected kit and who does not, it seems that whenever only the admin uses the continue button the selection works reliably (thread). Missions can generally be completed with a full squad and their default loadout though, with battefield salvage a useful supplement.

It is my ambition to eventually have missions all over the terrain, but some environments are simply more suited for different scenario's than others.

Regards,

Sander

The Takistan coop mission pack has been expanded with three new missions to bring the total number of included coops to 36.

New files:

co09_hardware_store.Takistan.pbo

co09_inside_track.Takistan.pbo

co10_company_car.Takistan.pbo

Hardware Store features light infantry sweeping the green zone and a village for hidden arms and ammunition

Inside Track has a mechanised infantry squad clearing two villages and eliminating enemy armour in the vicinity

Company Car has motorised infantry clear AT defences before securing a town

Current version

Regards,

Sander

These are definitely some of the best missions I have ever played. Thank you for the hard work!

You're welcome.

---

The Takistan coop mission pack contains 40 missions in the latest version thanks to the addition of four new scenario's.

New files:

co06_short_work.Takistan.pbo

co08_compound_radicals.Takistan.pbo

co09_close_order.Takistan.pbo

co18_carrier_bag.Takistan.pbo

Short Work has an infantry squad awaiting transport to take them from an OP towards an objective that must be attacked

Compound Radicals features a Special Forces raid to secure intelligence materials and eliminate a terrorist cell

Close Order has a mechanised infantry squad securing two settlements and eliminating all armour in the vicinity

Carrier Bag features an attack by mechanised forces in order to clear enemies from two villages and destroying enemy armour in the process

Current version

Regards,

Sander

V2.61 contains a minor update to fix a faulty end trigger for co06_short_work.Takistan.pbo and a grammar correction for a briefing in c018_carrier_bag.Takistan.pbo.

Current version

Regards,

Sander

The addition of two new coops brings the total included in the V2.7 pack to 42 missions. Besides the new scenario's there are some adjustments made to existing missions as well, including the replacement of Arma II ammunition boxes by the Operation Arrowhead ones.

New files:

co06_loss_leader.Takistan.pbo

co10_r2_detour.Takistan.pbo

Loss Leader has Special Forces conduct a night raid in order to eliminate enemy commanders and destroy crew served weapons before neutralising air defences threatening their helicopter extraction.

R2 Detour features rear echelon troops on convoy duty to rearm and refuel vehicles before assisting an attack on a village.

Current version

Regards,

Sander

A big thank you for this (and the BAF) mission pack. Keep them coming :)

With the addition of three new missions the Takistan coop pack now has 45 in total.

New files added in V2.8:

co09_brad_pack.Takistan.pbo

co09_kishlak_kinetics.Takistan.pbo

co18_front_company.Takistan.pbo

Brad Pack has a mechanised squad destroy comms gear and anti aircraft weaponry.

Kishlak Kinetics features motorised infantry tasked to destroy equipment and stores.

Front Company has an airmobile detachment defend against a combined arms attack.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Version 2.9 adds three new coops to bring the total number of missions in the pack to 48.

New files:

co06_grapi_of_wrath.Takistan.pbo

co09_insert_coin.Takistan.pbo

co18_track_events.Takistan.pbo

GraPi of Wrath features a raid by a German patrol to seize intelligence, destroy crew served weapons and retrieve grenadelaunchers.

Insert COIN has an infantry squad clear insurgents from a town.

Track Events features an attack by mechanised infantry to reduce the last remaining pocket held by the Takistani military.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

In version 3.0 of the Takistan coop pack the total number of missions has been brought up to the total of 50 thanks to the addition of two new coops. Besides the new missions there have been some updates to existing coops.

New files:

co09_sweeping_reductions.Takistan.pbo

co18_base_tasks.Takistan.pbo

Sweeping Reductions features the sweep of an enemy held valley by an airmobile detachment in order to destroy stores of heavy weapons and ammunition.

Base Tasks has motorised infantry advancing on Feruz Abad with the aim of seizing its military base and holding it against counterattack.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Short work (co06)

Transport is kind of slow, much waiting.

When transport arrive, it takes a detour before we can enter. Not sure why.

Dedicated server and all clients at build 86122

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, I take it that the reports refer to these sessions:

http://arma2.swec.se/game/data/4224781

http://arma2.swec.se/game/data/4224479

The string for the server expansion settings lists the following mod folders: Arma 2: British Armed Forces (Lite), Arma 2: Private Military Company (Lite), A2CO, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2, beta, Expansion, NoPryl of Norway.

It is important that any error report contains a full description of custom content, such as addons, running. Some addons can break default content or alter AI behavour significantly (eg with Zeus AI the bots are taking inordinate amounts of time to complete any move waypoints) and therefore this is a requirement for proper problem determination. The name of the mod folder NoPryl of Norway suggests that this folder may contain custom content. Could you specify which addons are in there?

The duration for the Short Work mission seems to be normal and judging by the numbers the unit reached Kakaru. The delay in the arrival of the Bradley is normal, it should arrive 5-10 minutes after the start of the mission so the players either have to fight off the enemy from their compromised position, or be devious and sneak off to a different waiting position where they can choose to attack by fire or sit tight till they can board the Bradley. The late arrival is by design to allow the enemy to cause minor inconvenience to the player group by either inflicting casualties or letting them waste their available ammunition load.

With regard to Fire Patrol I see that one group member died which leads me to suspect that some default AI behaviour peculiarity might be in play that has been a feature in BI games for a long time. As the chopper is instructed in the waypoint to wait till the entire squad is on board, it is necessary that the death of the team member is acknowledged. This can be done using the report status option (group leader issuing a 5, 5 order) which should then be followed by the confirmation of a death ("oh ... no ..., two ... is ... down"). Only when the latter has happened the AI will magically understand that the number of squad members is lower than the original and will act accordingly. In this case there will be a sidechat message about the patrol being all aboard and any surviving loadmasters that provided local security will board the Wildcat before the aircraft lifts off. If the death is not yet acknowledged AI is not aware of the event and is waiting for another group member that will not show up on account of his demise.

Regards,

Sander

yes thats correct server and mission.

I did "report" all players, but I'm not sure if I did that before I entered the heli.

Addons used besides the ones you know:

CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO v.0.7.6

ShackTac Movement addons

ShackTac Fireteam HUD - 17.07.2011

VILAS addons - West weapons 7 may 2011

SJB SAS Pack v1.04

Isla Duala v1.95

Namalsk island v1.10 + HotFix v1.10

FDF mod v1.0

But I see you're point. It's not a flaw then with the Bradly and thats good. Then we know next time.

Edit:

Found this in the servers RPT-file:

2011/11/06, 22:44:11 O 1-1-G:3: moving in direct condition failed, dist 3.96217
2011/11/06, 22:51:33 Warning: Unaccessible ladder point for AI (already used for actionbegin4) in ca\structures_e\housek\house_k_6_dam_ep1.p3d
2011/11/06, 22:51:33 Warning: Unaccessible ladder point for AI (already used for actionbegin5) in ca\structures_e\housek\house_k_6_dam_ep1.p3d
2011/11/06, 22:51:33 Warning: Unaccessible ladder point for AI (already used for actionend4) in ca\structures_e\housek\house_k_6_dam_ep1.p3d
2011/11/06, 22:51:33 Warning: Unaccessible ladder point for AI (already used for actionend5) in ca\structures_e\housek\house_k_6_dam_ep1.p3d

Edited by NoBrainer

OK, missions are created using the default game and work correctly using BIS only content.

---

Version 3.1 of the Takistan coop pack adds two new missions to up the count to 52 included coops. In addition to the newly added files an existing mission received some updates.

co06_character_defect.Takistan.pbo

co09_occluded_front.Takistan.pbo

Character Defect has Special Forces liberate a captured agent and grab intelligence before an extraction.

Occluded Front features an attack by light infantry to clear two positions and seize control of a crossroad with the help of friendly forces.

Current version

Regards,

Sander

Just to let you know that last night 3 of us played "Carrion on the Khyber" and we really enjoyed it.

First we were REALLY impressed by the Notes. They were long and detailed but interesting and humorous. BTW does BDA stand for Battle Damage Assement? If so, it might be a good idea to add this to the notes as not all of us are totally familiar with military acronyms.

Next we thought the mission objectives were realistic and of a reasonable distance. The loadout too seemed decent too.

However on our first attempt the UAV missed the SUV and we couldn't find the SUV to finish it off ourselves. On our next attempt the UAV crashed into the side of a nearby hill (realistic? maybe jammed by visiting Iranian consultant...) and we couldn't find the SUV. But on our final attempt the UAV pummeled the SUV with 2 hellfires, we IDed the corpses, neutralised a dozen tribesmen and then drove off in 2 technicals to the EZ.

The only improvement we could think of would be that we you reached the EZ, you'd have to radio for extraction (Command 0-0-X), wait longer for the helo (we only waited 60 secs) and during that nervous wait, the local militia could try converging on your position (presumably they'd have followed our footprints/tire tracks, plus they'd be listening to the radio and although they wouldn't understand the encrypted comms they'd guess what was coming, then hearing the approaching helo). If you want to be REAL evil, you could have one chap with a MANPADS (Igla from Iran? or 20-year old Stinger?)

Also it was a bit bizarre but our helo took off with us in it, leaving 2 men on the ground who'd disembarked to provide us with cover.

Overall it was great mission and we're looking to play more like this.

Thanks for the feedback. BDA indeed stands for Battle Damage Assessment. It is a simple mission that can be completed without firing a single shot as a recce unit should preferably do its job without getting into contacts.

The Reaper not firing missiles is something I have not experienced in the the various times testing and playing the mission, but I'll have a look if the mission needs some adaptation after the 1.60 patch. It might be that I'll add a mission abort if this eventuality occurs. As the entire pack is due for an update to implement boxes greening up in SP and there are a few new coops done an adapted version may be released somewhere in the coming weeks.

The security element not reliably boarding the helicopters is something that I corrected in my default heli extraction setup after one of the earlier patches changed AI behaviour and made it mandatory to have orderGetIn true statement in addition to an assignAsCargo statement. As this was the first scenario I made for OA it might have been missed when retrofitting an extra waypoint to existing missions in the pack.

Regards,

Sander

Scruffy and me needs more of your missions!!! We already played each of your packs twice (or even more)...

MORE!!!!!!!

:292:

Is that just played or have you actually completed all of them ;-)? That would be over 300 released scenario's in total by now.

To aid you in keeping track which ones you actually played and brought to a successful conclusion the Takistan coop pack now also uses doneKeys and activateKey.

---

Version 3.2 has all existing content overhauled, primarily to get completed missions to green up in SP overview, and adds three new missions for a total of 55 coops.

New files:

co08_czech_stop.Takistan.pbo

co08_early_risers.Takistan.pbo

co14_force_trim.Takistan.pbo

Czech Stop has an ACR squad enjoying the benefits of having a vehicle break down in enemy territory.

Early Risers features a Special Forces team inserted at the site of an IED attack to rescue a missing soldier and destroy looted munitions.

Force Trim has two Czech infantry squads descend on the village of Sakhe in order to destroy cached weapons and ammunition.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Is that just played or have you actually completed all of them ;-)? That would be over 300 released scenario's in total by now.

We completed every mission in your takistan,baf and moschniki(?) pack and some from your cwr pack :D

And we need more!

I believe I've downloaded the latest coop pack (3.2?) from armaholic and there are a couple of missions that either have flaws or don't work at all. I'm playing these in SP by myself.

Compound radicals - the extraction helicopter never arrives/no indication it is arriving. I completed the first two tasks, got to the LZ and nothing happened for some time.

Short work - upon arriving at the top of the pass before Kakaru I got ejected out of the Bradley, then two minutes later I got the message from Bradley to eject and the task to assault Kakaru was accomplished, even though I haven't cleared Kakaru yet. The Bradley then never assaulted Kakaru as it was supposed to. Upon seizing the intel, laptops didn't get deleted like they do in these missions but mission ended shortly after that.

Screen pass - no matter what, mission fails few minutes after start due too many civilians getting killed at Khushab, I'm not sure if that's scripting or they actually get killed somehow (by Opfor?), all I know is I barely fire a shot when it ends.

Carrier bag - I know this is a co18 mission, but when playing it in SP I teamswitched between squad leaders to manage the three squads, and somehow when I ordered both infantry squads to disembark their respective Bradleys, the squad leaders got moved to their own group.

Thrash metal - the circle marker marking the area where enemy emplacements are is inaccurate. The last pair of emplacements is by the black marker, but the area marker doesn't include it. (see link)

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594726707651093697/C640233EBB7CE9AFBA918006D95DC4F6D4F1CE3B/

I believe there was some more, but not sure if it was this pack or BAF missions.

Edited by Outlawz7