sander

Takistan coop mission pack

Thanks for the feedback, the missions should work in SP and have been completed previously.

For root cause analysis it is necessary to have additional information whether there are special circumstances in play:

- Use of mods or addons of any kind? Please specify which are used if running anything other than Vanilla CO.

- Use of a savegame?

Some general information would also be helpful for problem determination:

- Patch version of the game

---

Thrash Metal

Fails as designed in this case. Do not always expect scouts to do their job properly, occasionally briefings will have deliberate inaccuracies.

Regards,

Sander

Steam version of ArmA2, Arrowhead, BAF and PMC, no mods, 1.62, I played the missions from start in these cases (no loading previous saves) and I do save occasionally mid-mission.

Thanks, that makes the job of fault determination easier.

Screen Pass has been adapted as the method previously used to add the civvies to a group is apparently no longer fault proof. A different method has now been implemented to ensure all units are indeed in their intended group before the count starts.

Compound Radicals activation method changed for extraction.

Short Work has radio message for disembarking now on the preceding waypoint as that is more logical. The other things are working as intended: the objective is to assault, not to clear the village and that is ticked off once the enemy detects BluFor in the vicinity of the target. The Bradley will provide support on a guard waypoint, so the player group must take the initiative in the attack.

An update will be released over the next weekend.

The report for Carrier Bag may require a more precise description. Is there perhaps a command "All, follow 2" issued or something similar after an AI commander switched and mount/dismount orders were previously given? That is a known AI behaviour in A2. Units being moved into a separate group of their own on their own accord is something I have never experienced.

Regards,

Sander

I'll replay Carrier Bag and see if I can recreate it.

Oh, on Side Show at the beginning of the mission I get "error: creating weapon PipeBomb with scope=private", I believe this occurs when you add pipebomb using addweapon command (pipebomb is magazine). Mission works fine regardless.

On Farsi Call Center, the first time I played it the extraction would not work, chinook landed, I boarded it with the squad but the chinook dismounts would not reenter it. The second time I played the mission the extraction worked flawlessly, dismounts reentered, chinook took off. The main difference was that on the first try I lost two squad members and reached LZ with only 3, not 5 squadmates, so I believe that is the cause.

Edited by Outlawz7

Thanks, fault fixed in the init of the ammobox.

If the loss of team members is not previously acknowledged, the AI keeps thinking the squad still has those members and therefore some personnel is not yet on the chopper. In these cases issue a report order to all subordinates, then the deaths will be acknowledged and then the AI will act accordingly.

Regards,

Sander

I tried 5-5 to get them to report, but didn't work and I'm certain they went "2 is dead" etc. when the AI died during mission.

I got the same bug from Carrier Bag on one of the BAF missions, Takistan and Laurels (sp?) btw.

All I did was switch squads from pilot to alpha 1, get out of the Wildcat, back to pilot then alpha 1 became his own squad during that time, which is about the same thing I did on Carrier Bag.

Sander, I remember playing one of your missions but i cant remember its name. It was a night mission and the squad had to climb down a hill to hit three pieces of artillery at the edge of a town, and then bug out before reinforcements arrive.

We played it a year ago but I had to miss it due to a crying baby... :) I thought I might give it another shot in SP.

Can you direct me to that mission?

Version 3.3 of the Takistan coop pack contains updates to a number of existing missions to fix reported issues and adds two new missions for a total of 57 included coops.

New files:

co06_indignation_state.Takistan.pbo

co08_agony_column.Takistan.pbo

Indignation State has a band of Takistani tribesmen inflict retribution on the army for perceived wrongdoing.

Agony Column features an ambush of a Takistani column by a combined group of coalition Special Forces and indigenous fighters.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Indignation State tasks seem bugged.

I destroyed the convoy, and got sidechat confirmation but no task complete, I destroyed all the vehicles at the base, got neither confirmation or task completed

Thanks for the bug report. A mistake in the description.ext in the version I packaged yeseterday, my bad. Version 3.31 contains a fix for that (DL here).

Did all 8 vehicles at the base catch fire (1x BMP command track, 2x BRDM ATGW, 2x Ural Fuel, 1x Ural Repair, 1x V3S, 1 x UAZ)? That worked correctly.

Regards,

Sander

Played "Indignation State" on the CiA coop server. I enjoyed this mission very much, thanks for it!

The main team moved to attack the base, but macman and me moved forward to ambush the reinforcements. It went well (after several tries ;))

Here's a video of the mission:

so how is this... are you another spam-bot? Or did you just not bother to try the download link that still works?

Does anyone have this mission pack still and can reupload it for me/the community? All the old links are dead and all I can find is the original 2 missions on armedassault.info

Thank you!

Can download by right clicking and then save link as