sander

Takistan coop mission pack

Version 1.9 is a major update of the coop mission pack. All existing missions have been altered to use a different method of generating the briefing notes and tasks. It also includes two new missions for a total of 20 coops.

New files:

co06_wanted_column.Takistan.pbo

co09_advance_directive.Takistan.pbo

Wanted Column features the ambush of an armoured column by Special Forces.

Advance Directive has an infantry squad repel a Takistani attack before moving up to capture an enemy base.

Current version

---

Thanks for your feedback. The Resistance side locals have plain clothing, while the enemy irregulars all have either a jacket or a vest in a camouflage pattern. This difference in attire aids in IFF. The Stryker should be heavily damaged, but if it is still operable there is no need to leave it behind.

Regards,

Sander

Edited by sander

Thanks for the update!

All existing missions have been altered to use a different method of generating the briefing notes and tasks.

Could you explain this by any chance? Sounds quite useful :)

Hi,

Apparently Arrowhead introduced changes to the way the briefing notes and tasks are handled, as the old method used for my Arma II missions resulted in different results, notably the duplication of notes and tasks after respawn. To get the briefing working correctly in both MP and SP I finally had to create those entries for the named playable units rather than for player as I did before. It requires more settaskstate statements when conditions are fulfilled as each set of tasks has to addressed.

The current implementation is a bit unwieldy, but if it is stupid and it works, it might not be that stupid. In SP the briefing is now retained when switching between playable units, and the entries are not duplicated on respawn in MP and SP. To make it more neat I will use a string table for new missions, but given the amount of time spent last week trying to get a properly working SP and MP briefing I was content with a simple copy and paste job for the current release. Though it now seems to work as expected I do miss the old setup with just a briefing.html file as used in OFP and Armed Assault. That method did not ever cause as much headaches as this new method introduced with Arma II.

Regards,

Sander

Just wanted to say these missions are crazy ass fun. Played 3 or 4 of them last night. Learned a couple things.

Disassemble doesnt equal destroy, and dont shoot a tank in the face with a rocket from 20 metres away.

Version 2.0 brings the total number of included missions to 22. In addition to the two new ones the existing missions have been altered to revert to a trigger instead of a script due to negative impact on performance in MP.

New files included:

co06_spike_team.Takistan.pbo

co10_trivial_pursuit.Takistan.pbo

Spike Team features a raid by Special Forces to destroy an artillery battery

Trivial Pursuit has motorised infantry clear out two villages before repelling a counterattack

Current version

Regards,

Sander

There ought to be a server that runs nothing but these missions!

-k

Hi Sander....

Geez these missions are really great and I love playing them (Great AI battles), But I am having bad problems destroying objectives.... Today I tried 4 Satchels on 1 static machine gun and it didnt destroy it! Happens on pretty much all of the "destroy this" objectives... like "strike home" (the AA gun - 2 satchels, 2 RPGs), "static charge" (machine gun & AT rocket launcher - 4 satchels & 2 M203s)

Can you change the missions so the objectives arent so "immortal" LOL

I have been able to finish Farsi Call center using M203s and RPGs on the BRDMs and other objectives.

thanks a lot and these are really well done!

Jeff

Edited by dethjeff

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. The objectives did work in SP and MP for Strike Home and Static Charge, both of which have been completed successfully in coop sessions with Comrades in Arms. Can you provide more detail on the circumstances, for example whether it occurs in SP or MP, on a dedicated host or a player hosting, whether any mods were being used?

In Strike Home/i] both the ZU-23-2 and the SAM launcher need to be destroyed for the objective to tick off (damage must exceed 0.99, the weapons are enterable and as long as the player has the option to crew a weapon, it is not yet destroyed).

Regards,

Sander

Ahhh OK... I didnt know there was a SAM launcher in strike home... the objectives dont show properly on the map because of how they are shown as a list on the map.

I played cache nexxus yesterday and got the AA guns to destroy but couldnt find the second MANPAD so I couldnt finish.

I will try static charge again... I did disassemble the AT rocket but put the bag next to the AA gun when I set off the charges... guess thats why.

I am playing these on SP with Mando Missles as my only mod BTW.

Thanks so much for the help and I cant wait to get more of your missions!

JEff

Great map pack, sanders. I've tried a few of these and they're a lot of fun.

I have the latest 22 maps (from the v2.0 pack) loaded on a server if anyone wants to try them out on a dedicated server. Just connect and select the desired mission from the mission lobby. If anyone wants a particular mission from this pack loaded as default, I can do so...just let me know.

Zonker's Combined Ops server (Zeus AI)

IP Address: 206.217.134.58

Port: 3307

Note: The server is running Zeus AI so the opfor may be a bit more aggressive/effective. If you play on there, I *HIGHLY* recommend doing so with the Zeus AI mod (and the CBA mod since the Zeus mod requires it) on the client...since if the server is running the mod and you aren't, you're going to get your butt kicked by the bots. ;)

These are some really fantastic missions. Great work. Thanks-- We've been playing the heck out of these

Maybe one day I'll go back and read the briefings :p haha

Anyway, great stuff and big thanks. How about a fallujah mission pack next, chop chop

Also...special request for the next batch (i hope theres a next batch): Add the gdt spectate so players can spectate night missions. Ive added it to all these and it works great

Thanks for the comments. As my PC broke down and I had to make do without a rig capable of running the game only now some new coops are made available.

---

Version 2.1 adds two new missions and contains changes to some existing coops to mitigate the effects of patch V1.54. The total of missions included is now 24.

New missions:

co08_spot_cache.Takistan.pbo

co09_pass_orders.Takistan.pbo

Spot Cache features an infantry patrol tasked with locating and destroying three enemy caches.

Pass Orders has an infantry squad securing a road by eliminatin enemy personnel and heavy weapons in the area.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Edited by sander

Version 2.2 adds four new missions for a total of 28 coops.

New files:

co06_break_cover.Takistan.pbo

co06_fire_screen.Takistan.pbo

co08_czech_made.Takistan.pbo

co10_approach_shot.Takistan.pbo

Break Cover has a team of infantrymen raid two air defence sites to enable an attack by Apache helicopters

Fire Screen features the screening of a flank by a squad of marksmen

Czech Made has Special Forces locate and destroy four caches of weapons and ammunition

Approach Shot features an infantry squad defending against enemy attack before launching an attack of their own

Current version

Regards,

Sander

I love Break Cover, but don't know how to finish it. I take out the two AA emplacements, get to the airport, but then nothing happens. Can anyone advise please? Cheers

After both air defence sites have been destroyed a couple of Apache gunships will descend on Loy Manara airfield and start to shoot up various targets. This will complete the third objective and end the mission. It takes a couple of minutes, so after raiding the second site, one can withdraw to a defensive position and enjoy the fireworks.

---

There is no revive implemented in the missions, only group respawn. You can add it if you like, but I am not planning on implementing it.

Regards,

Sander

We tried it again today Sander. We definitely took out both AA sites with satchels and killed all guards. AA objectives show a white ! after we have blown them which = objestive completed unless we are mistaken (are we?). We also took out every patrol we came across and all enemy troops at Loy Manara. We waited a good ten minutes at the airfield but Apaches did not show. We gave up in frustration by then. Are we doing something wrong?

Were the objectives also ticked off in the task list (marked as green rather than white)? Were both the AA guns and radar at the first site destroyed and the AA gun, SAM and radar at the second site? The objectives do not tick off unless all three targets at a site are destroyed.

The helicopters are both capable of ticking off the third objective, but they will not commence their attack run unless both other objectives have been achieved. It tested out fine in earlier coop with Comrades in Arms and SP. For redundancy a third trigger might be needed to set the objectives should anything have happened to the Apaches (which are set to captive, so they should not be targeted by the Takistani OPFOR).

Regards,

Sander