Sign in to follow this  
thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: Takistan - Dynamic Mission

Ok looks like i was mistaken as while i was searching for the answer to the following error;

"Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered."

which is something that has been bugging me for a month or so :mad: this error is littered all over the net and there doesn't seem to be much useful info on it.

Well what seems to have caused this and also the low FPS is the air filter on my water cooler was clogged up with dust :p Cleaned it out and my CPU is now running 5c-10c cooler and i'm back to a consistent FPS.

My framerate drop and low fps are not due to this fantastic 'MOD'. => After a clean of my GFX cards (GTX 285's) things seem to be a lot better again :bounce3: - i wasn't going to clean them as i could see very little dust but the display card cooling pipes were so hot i could not touch them :eek: There was some dust build and removing it has had a dramatic effect on the framerate. I'm wondering if this will clear all these little problems and perhaps a spring clean should be done every month or so - hey ho we live and learn :rolleyes:

Update - ok -new card and still FPS is low (25-40)! This is with all set to V High. Switching to Normall config which is mox of Norm and Low and i still only get 45FPS. I think this scenario is just hardware hungry - still i cant stop playing it !!!

Edited by MiniGunDad
GFX CArd Change

I just wanted to quickly chime in and say a big thanks to thompsonb for his fanstastic missions.

They are absolutely ideal for 'casual' Arma players like myself. I only get to have an hour of play time here and there. The randomised 'sandbox' that these missions provide is... perfect.

I hope that you have the time and energy to continue to improve it. Implementing different mission objectives (as you suggested you're woking on) would be the icing on the cake.

To summarise: THANKS!

Hello

I have just released a new updated version of this mission, please download it here:

Flashpoint: Takistan / Zargabad / Shapur v 1.09 download page

I have added a respawn screen, where you can select any unit in the battlefield to respawn into after you are killed.

Sorry about the lack of updates for ages!

Please let me know what you think of the new respawn system...

B

Hey bro, welcome back... nice work mate, respawn system is great, i like it

When I chose the preset Insurgency mode (in your Zargabad edition at least, not sure about the other missions) it complained of PRESETinsurgency.sqf not being found. Very nice mission!

Thanks for the bug report mate, must have been introduced when i added the new respawn screens, Il fix it with an update as soon as possible, I think it will be the same in Takistan Zargabad and Shapur, presets will not be working until i make a quick fix!

Cheers

B

Unless i'm confused Takistan seems to have the same unit selection for east and west as Chernarus? ... No Takistani units etc (east selection) ... am i going a bit mad? please check, this is from creating my own setup ... I just noticed that the unit options were the same, or if not the same, missing or reading wrong? (all 1.10 updated and loaded from 1.10)

BTW re spawn option is great, could / would you expand this so the camera view you use for the re spawn overhead camera could also be a "spectate" movable camera? IE if i dont want to respawn or be a bunny I can just watch units from the list minus the GUI and full screen?

Edited by mrcash2009

Same unit issues as mrcash2009. Great enhancements to the respawn. Thanks again for all of your hard work on all of your missions!!

Hi

I have just released an updated version of this mission for the ArmA1 islands of Sahrani and South Sahrani, this includes all the features from the latest Takistan version.

Please download it from here:

Flashpoint: Sahrani v1.11download page

Required: - ArmA2 Combined Operations, - CAA1 mod, - CBA community base addons

Sometimes I like to go back to the ArmA1 island, and I thought it was worth a quick update to the Sahrani versions

hope you enjoy, and please contact me if you find any bugs or have any issues!

Cheers

B

P.S may not need full A2 Combined operations... it should work with standard ArmA2 and CAA, but not tested!

Edited by thomsonb

Is it somehow possible to get only the OA Music play in the Takistan and Zargabad Missions?

I ask, because i´ve made an Music Replacement for OA, and i hear more A2 Tracks in the OA based Missions then OA ones.

BTW : Thanks for the Sahrani Update!

Please can you add some kind of arty or air support ?

When you random face enemy armor being a grunt, you're as good as dead. Also adding such kind of support will add some variety in tactics.:bounce3:

Is it somehow possible to get only the OA Music play in the Takistan and Zargabad Missions?

I ask, because i´ve made an Music Replacement for OA, and i hear more A2 Tracks in the OA based Missions then OA ones.

Ignore this Post. Fixed it on my own with NP++.:)

I just thought I would feedback something minor and not strictly a bug but maybe a thought to add.

When its night time and dark and I want to re-spawn maybe the overhead camera on the unit selection could auto switch on night vision? Otherwise its completely black and you cannot view anything or turn on NV while in that selection screen when your scrolling through a unit to spawn into at night. I would assume this would be the case for all maps.

Hi mrcash2009

Thats a really good idea about night vision on the respawn camera.

Because on different islands the time of sunrise and sunset can be different (hard to implement an auto switch) I have decided to add a night vision toggle button on the respawn dialog, so you can choose yourself when to use it.

Got is working on Chernarus now, it will be included in the next release soon :)

Cheers

B

Hi guys

I am pleased to announce an update to this mission

Please download version 1.12 from here:

Flashpoint: Takistan / Zargabad / Shapur v1.12 download page

The main new feature is a full team management dialog screen.

The Manage Team command replaces the standard Teamswitch system. It allows you to add and remove nearby friendly units, and also choose the team leader and the players unit.

Also I have added the suggested night vision camera to the respawn and team dialogs for use at night, (good idea mrcash!)

let me know how you get on with the new team feature

B

Hi thomsonb. Just want to say I'm LOVING this mod/maps, I was also wondering whether you would be able to add a Chernarus based I44 version of this mod/map. I ask this because I love the play style and think it would suit the brilliant I44 mod perfectly. Thanks anyway

Hi Dynamo11

An Invasion44 version is a great idea...

I dont have the mod installed yet, but I have been a big fan of I44 ever since their demo for OFP years ago, (I still remember blowing up kubelwagons with bazookas on Malden ;))

I will do my best to make the time to release an I44 Chernarus version soon!

I will always keep my focus on the vanilla versions, since they have a larger audience; so any mod or addon versions will not be updated quite as regularly - I have only limited time to work on this unfortunately!

Cheers

B

Hi

I have released an update

Please download latest version 1.13 from here:

Flashpoint: Takistan / Zargabad / Shapur v1.13 download page

This update fixes a few bugs and issues, and also features new default settings on Takistan, with slightly more groups spread over a larger area, taking advantage of the wide open terrain of Takistan...

changes are as follows:

- Added: Sniper rifle and Machine gun ammo cargo in US vehicles.

- Fixed: Total distance travelled no longer includes respawning distance.

- Changed: Rabbit now faces your killer.

- Chnaged: Suicide Rabbit now always large bomb.

- Removed: Unused script files and variables.

- Removed: Taki Guerilla vehicles, as they showed up as BLUFOR when killed.

- Added: T55, T34, BMP2, BRDM to Taki Militia armed vehicles. (they were under equipped)

- Replaced: MV9 Predator Drone with Av8B Harrier. (UAV was unrealistic flying low level close air suport)

- Added: PMC Faction; KA60 Helicopter and KA137 UAV. (mising due a script error)

- Fixed: More parked cars in Shapur version.

- Changed: Experimental; Takistan version, 16 groups and 1km spawn radius. (up from 12 and 0.8km.. please feedback about performance)

thanks for your interest in my missions everyone who has contributed

B

Hi Dynamo11

An Invasion44 version is a great idea...

I dont have the mod installed yet, but I have been a big fan of I44 ever since their demo for OFP years ago, (I still remember blowing up kubelwagons with bazookas on Malden ;))

I will do my best to make the time to release an I44 Chernarus version soon!

I will always keep my focus on the vanilla versions, since they have a larger audience; so any mod or addon versions will not be updated quite as regularly - I have only limited time to work on this unfortunately!

Cheers

B

Great news thomsonb! I'll keep an eye out

Do these missions spawn outpost/bases I can attack? Or does it have a spec ops mode where HQ gives me objectives?