Sign in to follow this  
thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: Takistan - Dynamic Mission

Hello to everyone, and firstly sorry I have been away for so long!

I have just released an updated version of the mission, in 3 flavours!

Flashpoint: Takistan

takistanOverview.JPG

Flashpoint: Zargabad

zargabadOverview.jpg

Flashpoint: Shapur

shapurOverview.jpg

The mission now requires:

British Armed Forces and Private Military Company

All 3 are included in the same download, please get it from here:

Flashpoint: Takistan / Zargabed / Shapur v1.05 Download Page

Thank you all for your input and patience, and a new chernarus version should be along in a week or so for christmas ;)

cheers

B

Edited by thomsonb

Great work as always thomsonb. Always enjoy firing this up for some quick n' dirty combat action.

I'd give my right arm for a stripped-down, infantry-only version of your script applied to the urban areas of Fallujah.

Edit: Sorry, just realized I already spammed you about that a page ago.

The only problem I have is that I never spawn in the city of Zargabad. Fights in the city would be funner.

Hi

I am pleased to announce another Christmas update for all the Flashpoint fans out there ;)

please download from here:

Flashpoint: Takistan / Zargabad / Shapur v1.06 Download Page

Some great new features including a new ambient cars module, and weapons and ammo available from some cars...

And also the exploding rabbit that somone requested ages ago!

have fun!

B

Changes:

v1.06

- Added: Custom civilian cars module, replacing the BIS silvie module.

- Changed: Civilian cars now sometimes contain weapons and ammo.

- Added; Name of current music is shown in stats text.

- Fixed: Commands action removed from dead player.

- Fixed: Field Dressing delay reset after death.

- Changed: Increased number of dead bodies before removal from 50 to 80... feedback about performance please!

- Changed: Death camera effect now much faster, and with different random texts.

- Changed: Reduced time delay when becoming rabbit.

- Added: Sucide Bunny :P

- Changed: (Zargabad version) Reduced player spawn area to the city centre, reduced group spawn range.

- Changed: (Shapur version) Reduced player spawn area to central area.

I hope suicide bunny can be turned off because I was always enjoying playing this one "seriously" or something.

Other than that yay. I usually dislike dynamic missions but this one was always fun since Chernarus version.

Well the bunny bomb is just another option after you are killed, so you dont have to use every time, so it should have no effect on the game if you dont want it to..

Thank you very much for all of your hard work, thomsonb!! I hope that you and your loved ones have a very safe and merry Christmas.

I have played these latest missions, nice work! best mission to jump into some action without having to think too hard! i was going to ask if you could implement some type of revive into them, as i always die too quickly! but have only just realized i can spawn into another unit if i move the rabbit close enough.

Hey Thompsonb!

A very nice Mission you have brought up here. Thanks for your Work so far!

But one thing from my side: It would be great to see an ACE Version of your Mission in the Future. In first Line i think about the Problem that Soldiers can´t use their Earplugs from the Inventory if you use ACE Mod . In second Line it would be great to see your Stuff with ACE Wounds System instead of Apply Field dressing.

A merry Christmas to you and your Family!

The Humvee

Sweet! Love this mission, nice to see it being updated. Thanks thomsonb and merry christmas to you too! ;)

Is the spawned unit you play as named? or is it wDummy?

Actually the player is named "P1", but that handle is never actually used in the scripts :)

The dummy unit is deleted, its just there to allow the preview mode in the editor..

Of course the player is always called "player"

Cheers

B

Howdy there,

This mission idea fits perfectly with some of the interests of the players at my local LAN...

The problem is, it's SP, as you obviously know. Are there any plans to expand it to Co-op?

hi man, saw your reply in my thread, just to let you know i have released a new version of flashpoint: takistan, whicj includes BAF and PMC units ;)

Ben

hey, txs for the update. Flashpoint: Zargabad is excelent! this are the best mission mission make in ArmA2 far awaay!

i am waiting for Duala

good job and dedication:cool:

Thank you, thomsonb... have a safe and happy new year!!

Hey just tried this mod for the first time. I have been away from ARMA II for a while, and read about this, so I decided to give it a go. All I can say is "Good Gosh". I, well my team rather, got hit in a ravine bordering a village, and it was insane how the engagement played out. The entire structure of this mod creating a war on the map is off the chart. And, the ongoing war feels organized too. You just dont come onto random units wanding and jumbled up. You come into the middle of an engagement. Well done I say!

Anychance a COOP version may be released? One other thing, that may be in already, but I have to ask? Is the chopper support for transport? Thanks for this brilliant mod.

WL6

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

I noticed Arma II has 2 smaller addons you can buy. 1. British Forces and 2. Private Military. will this mod work correctly with just A2 and OA? I have those 2 installed and it seemed to work fine. I chose a user defined mission and selected british and US, and I don't recall seeing any brits show up, so I thought I would inquire. Thanks

WL6

hey, txs for the update. Flashpoint: Zargabad is excelent! this are the best mission mission make in ArmA2 far awaay!

i am waiting for Duala

good job and dedication:cool:

sorry, SHAPUR IS the best!

do Duala please;)

Ok, so I read the readme, and yeah, you need BAF and PMC installed....doh, shouldda read first huh?

so anyway, havent seen an answer to whether COOP will be a version. Would be great to play with buddies. Thanks for all the work

WL6

Hi warleader6

thanks for the feedback, im glad you are enjoying the mission!

About the transport helicopters you see in the mission, right now they do not have any transport script. They are just "eye candy", and missile magnets! I tried to make them drop off troops, but there were so many problems with selecting random landing zones, my script always resulted in crashes! This feature is still on the "to do" list, becuase it would be cool, il have another crack at it when i have some time ;)

Your other question is a very common one, "can we have a MP COOP version?"

I have been asked this so many times, so I know it would be very popular!

The answer (at this time) is, i will try may best, but dont expect anything too soon :)

I started developing a MP version last year, but ran into loads of problems, nearly all of the 50+ script files will need to be changed in some way.

its a huge job basically

anyway a very happy new year to everyone, thanks for all the positive messages and feedback

cheers

B