Sign in to follow this  
thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: Takistan - Dynamic Mission

Hello all, Happy New Year.

After a long delay with no development (sorry! :P) I am pleased to release the next update to Flashpoint: Takistan.

Please download version 1.15 from here:

Flashpoint Takistan / Zargabad / Shapur v1.15 Download Page

Changes:

This version features a prototype new system for spawning custom units, rather than just standard Arma2 units.

This allows for more realistic soldier loadouts, more variety of weapons on the battlefield, a more realistic balance and range of weapons in each faction, more uniqueness to each faction, more variety of player types, and also easier customisation and development of the mission in the future.

- Added: *NEW* Custom units weapons and gear for all factions (replacing the standard Arma2 units).

- Fewer unit models are used whenever possible; many units in same faction now use the same soldier model to save resources and help framerates.

- US Army, M16A4 replaces MK16 as basic rifle.

- Takistani Army, AK74 replaces FN Fal as basic rifle.

- Milita forces now have mainly AK47 and AK74.

- Guerilla forces now have mainly AK47 and Lee Enfield.

- Militia are slightly better equiped than Guerillas.

- Takistani Milita and Guerilla forces renamed as Taliban faction.

- All factions, basic soldier sometimes has a more exotic weapon, e.g. Thermal Scope or marksmans rifle.

- Private Contractors, now have a wide variety of weapons, from M4s and M16s to AKS74 and a variety of MGs to reflect the choice of weapons available to contractors.

- Private Contractors, now carry a lot of ammo, but not many grenades.

- Changed: Player units choice customised.

- All player loadouts customised, depending on faction (no longer simply standard Arma2 units).

- Player now often has side arm.

- Player selection dialog size increased.

- Player descriptions in dialog now simplified, and show exact weapon of that unit.

- Equalized chance of random player chosen from each faction (before US Army was more likely because of more units).

- Added: *NEW* Roadside IEDs, only detonated by BLUFOR units, random placement and random trigger delays.

- Added: *NEW* Taliban preset mode (Takistan map only) This game mode puts you as a lone US soldier, very outnumbered against Taliban, over a huge spawn area, giving quite different gameplay. This one can be really intense.

- Changed: Animal herds now smaller, more spread out, and farmers no longer appear with every herd.

- Changed: Weapons and ammo in parked cars now more rare and and more basic weapons choice only, e.g. removed MP5.

- Removed: Takistani Army, AN2 aircraft, due to unrealistic AI piloting.

- Added: Taliban, UH1 Helicopter.

- Fixed: On player change the spawn area is immediately recalibrated to players position. (units nearby should never be deleted just after player change anymore!)

----------------

Thanks to all for your feedback and messages, I will try and reply to all, and try and include as many requests for features as possible. I have really limited time to spare sometimes :)

Enjoy, and please send feedback, especially about the new weapon loadouts and factions, its an experiment, let me know what you like/hate!

Cheers

B

Happy New Year to you, too :)

Many thanks for the update. Downloading now, hoping that the requirements for BAF & PMC refer to the "Lite" versions.

Cheers!

Orcinus

Welcome back ThomsonB. Thanks for the Update, and happy new Year to you too.

Hi Orcinus

...hoping that the requirements for BAF & PMC refer to the "Lite" versions...

I have no experience with using the lite versions of BAF and PMC. AFAIK they include all the same units as the full versions, so there should be no problems with the mission. Can you let me know if you find any errors from using the Lite versions

cheers

B

takistanOverview.JPGzargabadOverview.jpg

Hello,

I have just released an update:

Please download version 1.16 from here:

Flashpoint Takistan / Zargabad / Shapur v1.16 Download Page

The Chernarus version has also been updated!

Changes:

v1.16

- Added: Artillery strikes;

* All factions now call in Artillery strikes against known enemy units.

* The type of strike is random, mortars or heavy guns.

* The number of shells per strike is random.

* The weight of fire is random.

* The aiming error is random.

* The strikes take time to arrive, so a moving target might move to safety.

* The time between each strike of each faction is random.

* The player is trated the same as AI units, no more or less likely to be the target.

* All this results in a range of fire missions, from small slow atacks by a single mortar, all the way to a devastating rapid fire heavy barrage from multiple heavy guns.

* The Artillery is a work in progress.

* Features to be added later: Player designation of targets, Prioritisation of targets, Checking for friendly fire of each barage, Different levels of Arty for each Faction etc.

* This Artillery system adds a bit more realistic danger to the battlefield. It was inspired in part by another of my favorite milsims, SteelBeasts. If you stay in the same place too long, you're toast!

* Please feedback about the Artillery, let me know if it fits in with how you play the mission etc.

- Fixed: Respawn list now shows the primary and secondary weapon of each unit, rather than its class type (class types are often not relevant anymore with the new custom unit spawning. This introduces the problem that Medics and Snipers are not easily identified on the list... to be fixed later).

- Changed: Respawn list now shows units on the players original side first on the list, not always BLUFOR first.

- Changed: "Who Got Me?" command now not added to rabbit in the cases of suicide, or death from unknown source, like artillery etc.

Cheers

B

Awesome! Here are some future suggestions!

(See your Chernarus Topic for my list, to minimize spam on my part ;) )

Love these missions, thanks a million!

I was wondering if there is somewhere I can download v1.15? I don't really want to be bombarded :)

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out!

Edited by McMick

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I BEG YOU!

Just a simple multiplayer support for Flashpoint:Zargabad will do, something like you can play with 3-5 friends in coop mode, no need for objectives, just freerun; you can revive your fallen friend, and if all of you have been slayed, then your teamleader just choose another squad of bots to spawn into. Well, there could also be some concept of lifepoints, and when they all spent on revivals, mission ends.

PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE!

Hi thomson,

When I found this thread, I just had to reply & say thank you. Downloading the updates now.

I have been playing your mission (v1.07) for a week now and having a blast.:yay: Brings the game to a new level of enjoyment. This somewhat mimics the fog of war.

The objective to end the mission is a cool way to come out of the game, but too final. Would it be possible to give the player a choice of setting an ingame simple objective without letting the mission end plus the mission ending?

And yes if at all possible, "please" make a multiplayer version..

Keep up the great work!!! Cheers...

Awsome missions. If its not too hard to do it would be cool if you could set the objective with a map click. Nothing complicated, just an alternative to the objectives randomly hopping around since you cant hc. It sucks when you set up a good ambush or position and then your flanks get up and run to another objective.

Is it possible to disable the artillery entirely? It sounds like a cool feature, in theory... But it really discourages me from playing these missions. I no longer have the luxury and freedom of taking my time and fighting the enemy the way I want to knowing that I'll just get an artillery shell dropped on my head and the heads of any unlucky AI in my squad.

Some suggestions and ideas...

• Multiplayer would be difficult to implement, but I would be happy with 2 - 4 player cooperative gameplay.
  • The option to call in a vehicle drop would be nice. Or maybe a few designated military depots that have some military vehicles and equipment. Being on foot can get old.
  • Maybe in the future you can add a zombie script or a few other options that can really mix up the gameplay. Maybe something like rioting civilians and the Takistani Military needs to put them down.

Hello

I have just released an update...

Please download latest version 1.17 from here:

Flashpoint: Takistan / Zargabad / Shapur v1.17 download page

This version removes the Artillery strikes, after feedback from players.

I will work on a new and improved artillery system as soon as I can!

Sorry for the long delay in updates... my pc blew up, almost literally, anyway now back with a brand new pc, looking forward to updating this again soon :)

Cheers

thomsonb

Hi thomsonb

Welcome back :D

Bummer about the PC, happened to me once when a power supply short-circuited & fried the whole PC & a new monitor :(

Thanks a lot for the updates, look forward to trying them out.

Cheers to you, too!

Orcinus