Sign in to follow this  
thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: Takistan - Dynamic Mission

Hey Thomsonb,

I've been using your mission for some time now and it's awesome.

The feature I miss the most is an artillery and ammo drop support. You often are exposed to armoured groups and as a rifleman, there's little you can do.

OA has a very good support module as featured in the boot camp mission and I believe it would just fit your project.

Carry on !

Well, it looks like fun, but so far all I've managed to do is spawn - alone - in the middle of nowhere surrounded by enemies and not a friendly in site. Needless to say after running around like a stooge in search of a friendly group I die in short order.

I have seen some friendly aircraft, but still no groups of men. Am I doing something wrong or do I just have to try harder?

----------

Edit: NVM - I finally managed to find a group :)

Edited by Grizzle

That's how it is meant to start.

I would say it's just a bit of bad luck. Concentrate on surviving first and eventually you should come across some friendlies.

That's how it is meant to start.

I would say it's just a bit of bad luck. Concentrate on surviving first and eventually you should come across some friendlies.

Yeah, must have been a bad draw. It's just that I was immediately and mercilessly chased around by the enemy, which was fun in and of itself but I hardly had time to look around let alone decide which direction to go before all hell broke loose. :D I knew I would be alone, just not THAT alone :o

As someone else already suggested, it would be nice to pick a starting squad if one wanted to. Or maybe ensure the player spawns within a reasonable distance of friendly ground forces. Other than that, I think I'll get lots of play out of this one!

Hi thomson, I've got a minor issue with your mission (1.04). I cannot see the commands menu properly, it's chopped in half on the right edge of the screen. I think this is because I'm probably using a lower screen resolution than you (1280x1024). Is it possible for me to alter the position of the commands menu?

Apart from that everything is going great and I'm loving the mission.

Hi thomson, I've got a minor issue with your mission (1.04). I cannot see the commands menu properly, it's chopped in half on the right edge of the screen. I think this is because I'm probably using a lower screen resolution than you (1280x1024). Is it possible for me to alter the position of the commands menu?

Apart from that everything is going great and I'm loving the mission.

I had this same problem awhile back... try setting a smaller interface size in the options menu, worked for me.

Ahh yes good idea Kovah, thanks for that. I changed the interface to a smaller setting, wrote down the commands and then put the settings back.

Will this mission be updated again?

How do I fly helicopters?

How do I spawn in as a tank if I want to play 100% armor.

Finally got my hands on OA, and was quite happy that Flashpoint would follow me into Takistan. Pure fun as usual!

I of course do have to re-iterate my burning desire for a coop version of the mission. Understanding and fully accepting that it requires a good deal of work for you. But one can hope and one can wait.

Thanks again for the hours of fun. Cheers!

Is this mission dead then? No update or reply from OP in a very long time. Can I go ahead and use his stuff in my own mod for release?

His last reply was that he was moving house, I'm sure he'll update when he gets back.

Is this mission dead then? No update or reply from OP in a very long time. Can I go ahead and use his stuff in my own mod for release?

Jesus. Give him a chance!

Remember to ask nicely.

I love the mod. This mission is perhaps my favourite of them all out there, all three variations, but Takistan in particular.

That said, any chance you could make a version that is BAF-compatible?

A BAF update would be cool, so far finding this to be the skirmish mode ARMA II never had. Keep up the good work.

I just can not express how much I enjoy this mission. I guess the time played speaks to that. I look forward to all your future modifications to the ARMA experience. Be well.

A BAF update would be cool, so far finding this to be the skirmish mode ARMA II never had. Keep up the good work.

What he said 100%

Would you consider doing a Flashpoint: Fallujah?

This game mode on an open map can be frustrating because it can be hard to survive against full enemy squads when you are plopped down in the open. But the high density of enemies and random placement would be brilliant in a large urban environment.

It would be necessary to restrict spawn points to the city proper, but endless fighting in a maze of cover and corners would be incredible.

Perhaps simply release a mission with the script active so people could fire up the editor and place themselves down somewhere to fight waves of infantry? Then there would be no complicated conversion and no worrying about players landing on rooftops.

Hey i really enjoyed this mission. Would it be possible to make a multiplayer version when you are free some time? :o

Thanks

I think our talented dynamic mission guru got beamed up... :)

Fallujah version would be Hallelujah!

MP support might be difficult, but it would be ridiculously awesome.

And can you make it so the time actually changes, so if I set the time to 18:00, in a while, it will become pitch black?

Also, what does the "groups" setting do? I know it increases the amount of units, but when I set it to 3 or something, I'm definitely sure that I am fighting way more than 3 enemy groups.

Edited by Flubadoo