Sign in to follow this  
thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: Takistan - Dynamic Mission

Wow!

Great mission; way better than all the included SP missions I played so far.

Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback guys

Your reqests are on the list! I will add stuff as soon as I can.

I have started work on spawning the player with a group (you can choose it, and also sometimes on random), it works basically, now i need to make templates of groups and sizes for each faction...

B

Great news sir :)

Also if im missing something then say but, is there a way to "respawn" in SP from the rabbit view (love that). So that if you die it cloud simply give you the option for you/or your group to re-enter the battle field?

Or perhaps enter the battle again as the person that killed you !

Or perhaps enter the battle again as the person that killed you !

THIS!!! :eek:

Awseome mission. Dont know if this has been mentioned. Perhaps give the ability to call in support based on how many kills the player has? Mortars at 10. Arty at 20, air strike at 30 and than repeat would be great. Maybe even make the support random to go with the theme of the mission. Would love to see some support added for those tight spots you can find yourself in this misssion. Anyone else? (also maybe add aircraft to starting player types?) just some ideas

Lots of good ideas and suggestions guys...

Spawn into another unit after you die:

I will try and add a scipt to the rabbit, where you can "target" a unit and spawn into it. 1 side affect of this is the friendly vs enemy group counts will be reversed if you spawn into an enemy... might be best to limit spawn into friendly side only (ideas?).

Play as a helicopter or aircraft:

All the scripts are designed for an infantry player. The scripts run ok when player is in a car, becuse of the slow speed; but when player is an aircraft, the scripts get overloaded and slow, due to too many spawning units...

I think that it would be better for me to develop a seperate version of the mission for air units in the future sometime...

Random support, or earned support:

Would be great to have. Personally I dont like the BIS support systems, they seem unrealistic and limited... Maybe i will make my own simple artillery script, and if that goes well I will add more features...

P.S. regarding resupply; all spawned vehicles already have random ammo in cargo (exept tanks) including stachel charges mines etc, so you can scavenge stuff from abandoned vehicles...

Thanks for all the kind words, and keep the ideas flowing, thanks!

B

ahh good point, i'd love to have a point in the map (us airbase) where there are a selection of vehicles though (like tanks + apcs) and maybe some guns too?

hi, good suggestion,

I could just add some vehicles to each base on the map, but that would ruin the randomness and replay value of the mission. also I am worried about slow performace if I spawn too much cool stuff all over the pace!

This feature is on the list, I will give it some thought... thing is i dont want to make it too unrealistic like warfare or something...

maybe when player gets within 1km of a base or airport, that location will be assinged to a side, and some empty vehcles and suport units and ammo will spawn there (good idea/any suggestions?)

B

I agree that slow performance is a concern, and also that it shouldn't be like warfare or those other MP missions. I'm sure you could find a good balance though. Maybe you can use the probability of presence slider function and set it to say... 30% or so?

I think if you spawn bases, you should include a field hospital or an empty ambulance :D

I have just relased a small update:

Please download version 1.04 from here:

Flashpoint: Takistan v1.04 download page

This adds a feature where you can respawn into any other unit after you are killed.

Also the USA Czech and German forces are combined into NATO faction, and the UN faction is added.

cheers

B

It's simply great how you keep improving this mission. Thank you for the latest version and your ongoing effort!

Re: Play as a helicopter or aircraft:

I understand. If you can make another mission for pilots - great, but if this mission is limited to ground combat, that's fine, too.

Re: Support:

I understand you don't want to spawn too many objects all over the place for performance reasons. Would it be OK to create one fully equipped base per faction? Then you might have to add a choice of locations to the interface, so that the player can decide to spawn at the "main base" where he has access to many or all vehicles and weapons, or to spawn at a specific town or landmark, or to spawn at a random location.

Would it be possible to add a "mod launcher" option to the interface so that the player can start your mission with any mod, unit, weapon or vehicle addon he has installed? In this case the amount of spawned objects could be limited by the player depending on the performance of his rig, but he would not loose the option to try different stuff in Flashpoint.

I really like the concept of your mission. Can you consider making your mission work with popular community-created islands such as Podagorsk, Duala, Celle, etc.? Or is it even possible to use your mission as a "module" and place it on any island in the editor?

By the way, in the post above this one you said adding vehicles to the map "would ruin the randomness and replay value of the mission.". This can be avoided by giving the player the option to either choose the vehicles or any other given object - or to go for "random".

If you add any features to Flashpoint, will you concentrate on the Takistan mission or will you also update the versions for the other islands?

Edited by Alpha-Kilo

Brilliant mission and keeps getting better. Keep working on it dude please!!!

maybe when player gets within 1km of a base or airport, that location will be assinged to a side, and some empty vehcles and suport units and ammo will spawn there (good idea/any suggestions?)

B

What about random enemy strongholds (In likely places: bases, villages (I haven't yet seen OA))? An extra team or two with maybe some machine gun nest, or mounted guns. If you defeat them you'd have a random reward either ammo box, or weapons crate, or some vehicle.

One more question thomsonb: do you plan to update Chernarus as well?

you are a friggin genuis and you have made my week so much happier :bounce3: this is so fun! never know whats ganna happen! but there is only one request i have

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: is it possable to spawn with a group (as posted before) and can we start in vehicles? as in the commander of a tank? no helicopters though...the computer will probubly lag from spawning and deleting units so fast :rolleyes:

if those requests are posssable i think i might hit myself with a hammer! :eek:

:)

heres my settings for a fun filled game (:

Friendly Groups: 7

Enemy Groups: 7

Snipers 0% (damn snipers :rolleyes:)

light vehicles 30%

Heavy vehicles 20%

helicopters 10%

aeroplanes 4%

min spawn range - 500

max spawn range - 800

Takistan -vs- U.S. Army

Enemy's difficulty - 80%

Friendly difficulty - 80%

this is sure to be a challange and be filled with fun! good luck! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Just played a pretty long game, it's a lot of fun playing as the unit that killed you when you die. I switched sides I don't know how many times, very interesting fighting on both sides like that.

Thomsonb, awhile ago I made the suggestion of being able to join a squad as a subordinate? Have you given any thought to that? I thought that maybe being able to play as any unit after you die would let me take over a subordinate in a squad but it seems to remove you from any squads when you do that.

guys i fugured out how you can have tanks ammo or whatever you want in the map!!!!!! no lie!!!!!!its a realtime editor from armaholic......heres the link -----> http://rte.jonasscholz.de/blog/2009/06/19/download DOWNLOAD THE 7z. VERSION!!!

once you download it open the file and go to armaII then put the pbos in a mod folder!

you figure out how to use it :)

Thanks! just got Arrowhead today, going to try this tonight!

I love this mission. Its a perfect Instant Action mission that puts you in the middle of the heat that is randomly generated. Excellent. Thanks for making your mission for OA.

And the "respawn into any other unit after you are killed" feature is very welcomed. Thank you! :yay:

Good mission. If only you could select weapons instead of just class.

Oh and let bodies stay for long (or at least include an option to select when they get cleaned up). When playing 20 vs. 20 squads they disappear just after a minute or two. Can't even grab anything useful from them because by the time the area is safe everything disappears.

Had great fun playing this, think i found out what the ir strobe is for.

i was on top of a hill with 10 squad mates,so i decided to chuck an ir strobe on the ground ,and about 20 seconds later i as im looking around.i see this bomb coming straight for us ,,boomb i survived ,,but all my guys died.

think it came from an a10 :bounce3:

i thought it was to show my guys that im with them ,,not fire here lol

Edited by cuppa

Tompsonb

I hope you don't mind but I nicked your "spawn to any unit" script and put it into Flashpoint Chernarus. I hope you don't mind. I am using it purely for my own use, but if it's a problem I can remove it.

SD

thomsonb

I also really like the "spawn to any unit" function in Flashpoint: Takistan, however my editing chops aren't up to par; so is there a chance you could update your other Flashpoint missions to include this script?

I can relocate this request if this isn't the appropriate request location.

Thanks much! These missions are a blast!

Hey Thomsonb, this is an absolutely epic mission!

I have one request, which would simply make this the best mission ever, is it at all possible to make it multiplayer? Even if it was just a maximum of 2 players doing co-op, it would be so awesome!

I can understand issues if the 2 players went too far from eachother, but you could make it so they must be part of a group and enemies will only spawn/delete according to the group leaders position.

Just a thought, if it was at all possible to make this multiplayer, it would be epic!

Thanks!

Hi guys, sorry iv been quiet on the updates; very busy at work and moving house!

I will add the new features to the Chernarus and other versions soon. Also plan to release Zargabad version soon.

If you want to edit the mission feel free, but don't release it publicly without askng me. Also if you want to borrow any scripts etc that's cool just send me a message!

Hope to get back with another update soon :)

cheers

B