Sign in to follow this  
thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: Takistan - Dynamic Mission

Instant Action, Dynamic Mission, ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead, Single Player, BAF PMC, No Addons.

takistanOverview2.JPGzargabadOverview2.jpgshapurOverview3.JPG

Instant Action, Dynamic Mission, ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead BAF PMC Single Player, No Addons.

Please download latest version 1.18 from here:

Flashpoint: Takistan / Zargabad / Shapur v1.18 download page

Hello all. This mission is based on my A2 Mission "Flashpoint: Chernarus".

The scenario is completely different every time you play, and can be configured however you like.

This mission is designed for having a quick blast, exploring and experiencing the great AI and worlds that BIS provided.

Have fun... any feedback is appreciated ;)

B

fptakThumb04.jpgfptakThumb05.jpg

fptakThumb06.jpgfptakThumb02.jpg

Edited by thomsonb

Haha wow. I just got Arrowhead today and after installing it said: "I wish there was an OA version of flashpoint to screw around in." Good timing, and thanks a lot.

EDIT: Well I've played it for about an hour now and I can say that I ran into no bugs while playing, and the mission was great as usual.

Edited by Kovah85

Can't play with OA-only install:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus
Missing addons detected:
 chernarus

Liked the Chernarus version a lot so really looking forward for this. :thumbsup:

Hello !

Looks great, that random scenario thing.

Any chance of a MP version ?

I'm still running into the Chernarus dependency, the error pops up and then shows me the menu "How do you want to set it up" but I can't click on any of the options. Can't back out of the menu either, have to do a hard shutdown of the game.

I do have Arma 2 but they are both on steam and launching the Combined Operations doesn't work (waiting on a patch from BIS for that!) :P

WTF???

which friggin game does this run on ?

im friggin tired of figuring out peoples screwups.

dont run on arma2 or OA?????????

booted back to menu????

AmnesiacJack, thanks for the info, Should be fixed now, I have released another updated version!

Please download version 1.02 from here:

Flashpoint: Takistan v1.02 download page

Sorry about the bug, I dont have the Standalone version installed so I never noticed the Chernarus dependancys, it was also in the intro and outro thats what I missed before!

Please report if this version works :)

B

OK hangs after menu.

ctrl alt delete to get out of it.

Edited by rabiddawg

Can anybody offer any Ideas why this mission does not run in the Standalone version of Operation Arrowhead.

It works fine in Combined version, but people with Standalone version are reporting that it hangs when the initail dialogs open right at the start..

The addon dependancies have been sorted out already...

#EDIT#

Question:

Is the Ambient Civilian Vehicles Module available in OA standalone version?

Maybe i need to remove that...

B

Edited by thomsonb

This is from RPT-file with 1.02:

Warning Message: missions\__cur_sp.takistan\mission.sqm/Mission/Groups/Item0/Vehicles/Item0.vehicle: Vehicle class USMC_Soldier no longer exists
Type USMC_Soldier is not VehicleType
Vehicle type USMC_Soldier does not exist
UnExpected call of CreateVehicle for 'LOGIC', pos(0.000000.2,610.159973.2,0.000000.2). Vehicles with brain cannot be created using 'createVehicle'!

Then hangs in menu.

EDIT:

After quick test everything seems to be working ok in 1.03. :thumbsup:

Edited by Rok

Thanks for the quick update it works great now, haven't ran into any thing weird.

Been having some great battles in the valleys now :)

Awesome dynamic mission generator, thomsonb!! Haven't had any problems at all, and the only thing that I have to report is just a couple of incorrect text entries. The first is that when you end the mission and it shows the mission stats, the elapsed time is labeled in hours and minutes instead of minutes and seconds. The other is that there is an instance of 'militia' being spelled 'malitia'. Other than that, spotless IMO. I would have replied sooner, but I couldn't stop playing =].

In the future, do you think you could/would add the ability to start out in land or air vehicles? If not, I still would rate this scenario #1 on my list!! Thanks for your time and effort.

Thanks for the feedback voyd,

Glad u like the mission, also don't forget the Chernarus version if u get bored of the desert..

Always typos I can't spell :) il fix it next version

That incorrect elapsed time text is a game thing, the mission starts at 12:00, when u see the menu at the start, then the time is skipped forward to the random time, and the stats debrief counts from 12:00! Maybe I can skip the to e back just before the end to fix it....

Cheers

B

is it possible to have some aircraft spawn at the airbases?

Ok ive re written my post to be more specific:

Requests:

1) Option to start mission already in control of a team (as apposed to only having to search for one to join)

2) Option to select group type to start with (Mech patol, SF/SD/Thermal, etc)

3) Option to set how many units in the group (?)

4) Adding into the mission "Hybrid Command" so you can split your team you are in or join into high command groups and back again

5) Adding the support module so you can at least have ammo drops / re supply

This way you have the easy randomness as you set out, then expanded to an even more specific start group/type options and great control, just adds to a already great scenario.

Edited by mrcash2009

Ok ive re written my post to be more specific:

Requests:

1) Option to start mission already in control of a team (as apposed to only having to search for one to join)

2) Option to select group type to start with (Mech patol, SF/SD/Thermal, etc)

3) Option to set how many units in the group (?)

4) Adding into the mission "Hybrid Command" so you can split your team you are in or join into high command groups and back again

5) Adding the support module so you can at least have ammo drops / re supply

This way you have the easy randomness as you set out, then expanded to an even more specific start group/type options and great control, just adds to a already great scenario.

I agree with the man in black :)

Awesome idea for a mission by the way.

Had to register to say: thanks, this is a great mod.

I hit 'random' and had one of the best SP Arma experiences so far.

Please keep adding to it!

One request: When a teammate is injured and there are no medics, would be great to be able to help them. Drive them to a friendly base, call in an evac, etc..

Thanks for the feedback guys

Your reqests are on the list! I will add stuff as soon as I can.

I have started work on spawning the player with a group (you can choose it, and also sometimes on random), it works basically, now i need to make templates of groups and sizes for each faction...

I will add UN forces as a faction, and also include the german SF troops.

Maybe NATO, UN, Guerillas will be the 3 BLUFOR factions, (where nato is usa czech and german) as its a bit clumsy having more than 3 factions on a side! (suggestion/ideas?)

Cheers,

Happy Flashpointing

B

just registered to say a big thankyou for a great mission, this and the older Arma2 Flashpoint missions you've created. great fun thankyou!

It's really awesome to hear that you have commenced expanding this gem...I like your idea for faction expansion and consolidation (I was really wanting to play as Germany at one point yesterday).

Something that I think would add to the immersion later down the road if you have time would be implementing faction-held positions, like towns or airbases. Pretty soon, BIS is going to be be contacting you to include your generator algorithm in the next ARMA installment as an "Instant Action" option!!

Seriously, I've never had as much fun w/ this game as I've been having since finding the Flashpoint series. I took your suggestion on the Chernarus version, and with all of the trees and vegetation, you REALLY have to watch your step, a nice contrast w/ Takistan.

Keep on doing your thing, thompsonb!!