Sign in to follow this  
TopCover

mystery of the missing missiles

Heya guys

I am having a blast with OFP ;-) kudos to BI and all the modders!

BUT (there is always a but), i am experiencing odd things happening concerning missiles. When DLing and playing the demo i fell immediately in love with the BMP AT launcher, flashing its cool missile on top of the turret.

So faithfully buying the game on the releaseday itself, installed it and started playing...but, wait, WTF??? missile on turret is gone!!! Now, i had two options here...go sulk in a corner and feel miserable, or explore the tons of other cool hardware in OFP.

Naturally i chose the second, being the optimist that i am....

Here comes the sad part: I DL'ed the 1.30 upgrade, reinstalled flashpoint, upgraded to 1.20 and then 1.30, worked fine apart from the laser designating, but hey, plenty threads bout that one so nevermind...

BUT, to my ashtonisment, my beautifull Hellfires on the Apache (gotta love that combo) were.....you guessed it... MISSING! empty missile rack, just as the BMP (both missiles still usable though)...

So, can anybody tell meWTF is going on? is this FADE? (i got a properly bought cd) If so, is this because of addons? Is it a bug? If so its bugging me, for sure

Other small one: in some missions i got soldiers running around with no textures on their hands and faces (non official missions) Pretty fun for picking them off, when the try to hide in the bushes, there sitting ducks with their snowwhite faces LOL! I prob. need to DL a editor add on or something

Hope somebody can provide an answer to my distresscall.

TopCover out.

Read BIS's FAQ. Nevertheless, BIS admitted that there are bugs with the Apaches not showing hellfires and other things, too. Searcg the forums. This has been much discussed last week.

thanx Avonlady for quick reply

FAQ states that i should uninstall, delete all folders and reinstall, upgrade to 1.20, then upgrade to 1.30.

I did just that.

Obviously, this is not the solution to the problem.

Highly esteemed BI people, makes us happy, and give us our missiles back!

P.S. i just thought up something..... the missile could be missing because of a covert arms delivery operation to the northern alliance. If the US and UK DoD's use a mediator such as a Chech softwaredeveloper, no leads could be traced back to them, and thereby avoiding an international crisis. ;-)

TopCover out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from TopCover on 11:34 pm on Nov. 17, 2001

FAQ states that i should uninstall, delete all folders and reinstall, upgrade to 1.20, then upgrade to 1.30.

I did just that.

Obviously, this is not the solution to the problem.<span id='postcolor'>

Agreed. It's a solution to some of the problems. There are still visual bugs with the upgrade even with installed 100% properly (i.e., from 1.20 and not from a 1.2x beta version).

Hi, that's not the only new bug in V1.30.

I've noticed that the SU-25 is firing Mavericks now!

OK, they are still the old missiles, but they look like those which are fired from the A-10

Yep, its for sure now....

Yesterday i saw a newsclip on the tv.

Northern alliance has at- missiles on their BMPs now..

I am sure they werent there before so i guess BI gave em to them...

All i am confused about is what they want with the hellfires ;-)

TopCover out