Sign in to follow this  
SPC.Spets

Banned & Kicked

Im being auto banned and auto kicked from many servers... why?

Today I tryied to join a server, and it auto banned me, a friend of mine was playing there and he spoke tothe admin and he says it was a file called ca_e.pbo So, I move that file from expansion/addons some errors comes up when I start the game, then I tryied again, and again I got banned but this time for air_pbo or something

I dont added any addon yet. and for addons I use the folder metode, and now Im playing without any addon. Why I got banned? not from every server but... help?

Are you sure it was running the same version?

Have you updated to version 1.52? (I'm assuming you are playing OA)

Yes, OA patch 1.52 Steam version

The autokick I think is because some severs have a limited amount of ping to join, I dont live in USA so I have an average of 150 to 200 of ping... but autoban? thats really LAME!

Yeah, the ban is strange. I don't know but hopefuly someone will chime in...

Some admins compensate for lack of control and authority in the real world with silly things like that.

Usually the result of bullying at a young age.

Some admins compensate for lack of control and authority in the real world with silly things like that.

Usually the result of bullying at a young age.

Agreed. Today was a quick reminder for me of why I usually host my own MP session. I didn't get kicked or banned but the server rules were just dizzying.

A player with a 200+ ping can seriously degrade the performance of the game for all the other players in a large game. While it's understood that it's not the person's fault, there's nothing at all wrong with kicking or otherwise preventing people with high, game disabling pings, from connecting to a server and ruining the experience for everyone else.

A player with a 200+ ping can seriously degrade the performance of the game for all the other players in a large game. While it's understood that it's not the person's fault, there's nothing at all wrong with kicking or otherwise preventing people with high, game disabling pings, from connecting to a server and ruining the experience for everyone else.

I guess it depends on the server but I know for sure that it's possible to have players with up to 300 ping without any big issues. Of course keeping it low is safer, but on the whole I think ArmA 2 deals with high ping fairly well.

Please dont talk about admins behavior , I want to know where is the problem of the ban, what is wrong with those files. I had to delete the entire game and now Im downloading again from Steam, and going to try to join again later

Arma deals with high ping far better than most games, that much is true. I am happily playing on yank servers with 150-70 ping and still manage to do my job.

Not exactly sure why you're getting kicked mate, but if you're american, try and find some yank servers, that might help if it is the ping issue. If it is not ping, try a fresh install and see if that helps.

No I dont live in USA I play with 160-200 of ping no problem wiht that. And yes, I reinstalled the game and now the game is fine.

Usually most servers have the 150ping rule...more than 150ping over a prolonged time and you get kicked by script or admin. Off course...the lagger himself wont notice it, its all fine on his side. But fact is...most of the tme the sudden lagging and warping and desync of the Serverside controlled A.I suddenly stoppes as soon as the lager is kicked...guess why.

the more Laggers are on a server the more worse it gets.

Most Players on the servers I play on have a ping of 15-50...you can even go in the same vehicles without any lag or desync or any stutter that way.

In fact Coop is not workign well if you buddy has a ping of more as 100. You will notice in the MP menu that pings ber 100 are shown yellow and those over 150 are already red. This is for a reason.