Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

Snipers rejoice again!

Very soon, Black feather should be posting a link to the updated version of my aclaimed sniper mission terror tactics in this thread. I may also submit it to OFPN or the OFPEC, but this will do for now. I'm farely certain i got all the bugs worked out, and everything that wasnt fuctional before or interfered with the game should be fixed now, but if by some chance you do find bugs, dont hesitate to post them. Enjoy! (when he posts it here)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Black_Feather @ April 23 2002,08:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its here<span id='postcolor'>

Great!!! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Black_Feather @ April 22 2002,23:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you should make one for the jungle everon too  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

pretty good idea, but iv been there, and i didnt like it that much. I may still consider it though. But since i cant just transfer the mission.sqm like i did with the winter kolgujev, id have to re do the entire mission, in effect, making a completely different one. Also, i dont know too many good sniping positions on Everon.

And thanks once again to Black_Feather for hosting it again. One of these days, i gotta get myself some web space

-people had trouble engaging the sequence where the resistance contact was supposed to brief you, fixed that.

-added a patroling hind

-removed combat ambiance, added just ambiant explosions, it was a lot easier on the ears.

-made the patrol routes less crowded, and they function better now too.

-Now, there are actual explainations for why you cant call in artillery at some points.

-added one more enemy position

-scrapped evac plan, cause the hind would have shot it down anyway.

-added more units on one patrol route

-added outro and better intro

-made it so you cant enter vehicles cause it interfered with the artillery script i used

-it actually punishes you for killing the resistance contact now

-made the codenames more realistic and gave explainations for them in the briefing

-Changed month to november on winter version, and changed the time of day that you fight in to be more accurate to a winter environment

-added a second resistance camp.

-gave the resistance contact a partner.

-made the ranger team your inserted with more realistic

-Ranger team you were inserted with used to atttack a base which they werent supposed to, because it put all the enemies on aware mode. They're supposed to be on Safe mode, because this is supposed to be enemy territory where no one is supposed to know youre there.

Probably a bunch of other stuff i cant think of right now, all of it being pretty trivial anyway. Id say its come a long way.

Have you changed the winter mission to daytime?

Please not... I liked the evening atmosphere and the flashes and thunder!

......well.............i kinda did, actually. I know, it would have really been cool to have a later in the day sniper mission, but with all the units i used in this, it would have added to the lag. See, since there is no real objective in this mission, but to just go hunting in enemy territory, i had to make enemy territory as realistic as possible. Thats just who i am. And in doing this, i found i had to make it as big as possible too. I used the maximum amount of groups allowable for one side in this. it lags enough as it is.

Thanks, I will download it and and try it on my *cough*PII 350*cough* and let you know about how well it performs with your mission smile.gif

oh wow.............uhhh, yeah......just dont blame me if it laggs like a sonofabitch.

Hey if you make a similier mission instead of a heliborne insertion make it an airborne insertion (too bad there is no realistic jump aircraft)((do you even jump out of a CH47D?))

Yeah, you can jump out of the Chinook. It takes a special command in a trigger or a script to make AI do it though.

sorry, man. Black Feather is the host. I'd try back in a day or so.

nice, I tried the original version and soon I shall be hunying those officers afresh. NJ.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tried to download it....got a 403 Forbidden access message....got another URL?<span id='postcolor'>

I just checked and its working so just try again, sorry about it though.

Played the updated Winter-version. I liked the two times you and your spotter went to sleep. Nice idea. And the patrolling hind is great to, but for a US sniper little annoying wink.gif

Tried to finish the mission like the last time, but my spotter was dropped by a sniper at the southern coast. So was I... sad.gif

Okay...I'm playing the updated version, non-winter. In the compound I'm killing, destroying etc. etc. You know...all the things a healthy American guy likes to do. I hung out in the compound because I couldn't find anyone to shoot at the other "Known Enemy Location" red circles on the map.

Two things...1) When I hike to a friendly resistance camp for extraction, nothing happens. Do I need to do something, or call someone?

2) A bug I noticed that has nothing to do with the mission. Guys sometimes are standing IN a wall. Kind of like the movie Philadelphia Experiment. Sometimes I can shoot them, other times I just hit solid wall. Even though I can see the guy through it. Weird.

A terrific mission by the way!

I guess it's better than being on the roof of my house and sniping people.

hmmm......I'll go check out that bug with the friendly camp.

I don't know why but every time I download from the link on page 1 I get the old version with the ambient noise. Same date/size as the original one.

Would someone be willing to email me the updated .zip?

Still a good mission. Will the patrolling Hind shoot at you? (If you were to shoot a BMP or tank crew and steal thier vehicle?)I haven't noticed if it did. I liked the time of day better in the first version. Sorry it took me so long to reply, but it took me a while to get around to playing the mission.

Huh.......cant remember what i did different with the time of day, but no, the hind wont shoot at you, because i turned vehicle lock on all the time.