Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

EDIT: After a great deal of trial and error, I found that if you take some of the new OA/BAF objects, and name them or put stuff into their init fields, it can sometimes stop ACE Modules/Features from working.

If you can supply a repro mission with more details on the bug tracker, that would be ideal :)

hey i cant download ACE 1.5 i dunno why

can you help me pleasE?

Care to elaborate? not a whole lot of info there...

Im afraid the spotting scope still doesn't work even when I hit Num 0. Is it something to do with me changing the controls of NUM 0 do you think?

Ticket + rpt with some more info plz :cool:

I'm sure it'll get sorted

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

Strange indeed, after reboot I can no long reproduce this error... But after I deleted 8 Flags (Great Britain) which had actions, ACE Features resumed normal activity.

The only way I could repro it is to release the training mission I designed with all the Scripts that load and I'm really not prepared to do that if I'm honest as it's exclusive to the Squad I'm in.

Sorry :confused:

Might be worth mentioning that I have alot of Bastion Walls in there, it's possible that with loading so many objects all with inits that it's a BIS problem rather than ACE.

hi i want some help , i want to implement a revive script in my mission to create a med evac to base (via human player) and at base a medic can heal it with ace wounds system like in the domination but more realist. My question is : is it possible to create a zone where we can access to the action Use epidephrine and use morphine and set in the rest of the map if you can use bandage and CPR sorry for my english

hi i want some help , i want to implement a revive script in my mission to create a med evac to base (via human player) and at base a medic can heal it with ace wounds system like in the domination but more realist. My question is : is it possible to create a zone where we can access to the action Use epidephrine and use morphine and set in the rest of the map if you can use bandage and CPR sorry for my english

That sounds like an interesting idea.

I was wondering something else about the ACE2 wound system. How can I start off an AI unit being injured when the mission starts. I want as part of my object to have an injured ai unit in a city somewhere and have the player's team find and heal said unit. Even better would be to have said ai unit incapacitated to the point that the player must carry the injured ai unit and place him in the back of a stryker.

The problem is I can't get the ai unit to start off as injured and use the ACE2 wound system. If I set the ai unit to injured via setdamage in his init line, the player walks up to the unit he's injured but I can not heal him via the ACE2 method. It's as if the system doesn't recognize a unit that is using the setdamage command at a missions start.

Is there a way to get said ai unit to be injured and have him need to be dragged to a vehicle at the mission start using the ACE2 wound system? Anyone every tried this?

tried searching for this with no luck how do i get the support features to work ie medic, ambulance, ammo, refuel etc as at the minute i cant find out how

Hi there some guns have a flash light and laser but I can only get one to work is there a key combo or is it nor working yet?.

Thanks

i explain my idea :

1 choper stand by for MED evac and a guy wounded , the CSAR team go to stabilize it with cpr and extract it with a stretcher to the chopper to evac him to the MASH for a revive with ace wounds system, we search domination ace Wounds revive script but i can't find it if somebody can help me and if it's oki with ace team

You can use this http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12971 new feature to do that. Simply put the ace wonds module, and only medics can use morphine and ephi...

Do NOT put any medic on your mision, put on your init.sqf :

ace_wounds_prevtime = 400;

( well you can put the timer you prefer)

In the zone of the map that you what that the units can be healed put a trigger with:

activation condition: player in thislist

on acticate: player setVariable ["ace_w_ismedic",true];

on deactivate: player setVariable ["ace_w_ismedic",nil];

This way only on the trigger zone players would be able to use morphine and ephinifrine, so heavily wounded could only be healed there. You can put more limitations in your triger if you want ... an there is a lot of other metods to do it, this is just the first i thought

EDIT: the feature will not work until next friday update so it will not work right now.http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13545

columdrum try a domination ACE wounds and try to kill an allie and after revive him , for revive you need epid morph and bandage to revive him. i want this but in a limited zone (on a MASH)

columdrum try a domination ACE wounds and try to kill an allie and after revive him , for revive you need epid morph and bandage to revive him. i want this but in a limited zone (on a MASH)

What i wrote will do that exactly, with ace_wounds_prevtime = 400 when killed you will get a countdownd and you will need ephi and morphine to revive. Just wait till friday 17 update or do it another way...

You may also want put ace_sys_wounds_withSpect = true;

Read the ACE2 documentation, all this is explained in the notes.

I have an issue at the moment, I am only finding Seals in AOR2 camo, when in the groups it has AOR1 and Woodland, but when you click on them it says they no longer exist.

Can you let me know what my problem is, by the way i use Yoma to download the Mod and I have redownloaded the ACEX_usnavy_c_men, ACEX_usnavy_t_men and ACEX_usnavy_m_men pbos.

Hi

How can i mod ACE 2 for my own use so that I get back the normal ARMA 2 HUD, disable the "developer" stuff in the gear menu and the info about each object I point my gun at, Disable the soldier fatigue, and change the key for the Self interaction menu (the one that allows you to select different medic stuff), and restore the ARMA 2 UI load screens to normal, instead of ACE 2? I love what you guys have done, But I'd like to "dial it down" a bit (my personal prefs), while still keeping all of the new equipment and most of the new features.

Please help me

Thanks a lot in advance

PS. If there r duplicate threads, delete the other 1, not this 1.

I have an issue at the moment, I am only finding Seals in AOR2 camo, when in the groups it has AOR1 and Woodland, but when you click on them it says they no longer exist.

Can you let me know what my problem is, by the way i use Yoma to download the Mod and I have redownloaded the ACEX_usnavy_c_men, ACEX_usnavy_t_men and ACEX_usnavy_m_men pbos.

Only the AOR2 units are in atm.

How can i mod ACE 2 for my own use so that I get back the normal ARMA 2 HUD, disable the "developer" stuff in the gear menu and the info about each object I point my gun at, Disable the soldier fatigue, and change the key for the Self interaction menu (the one that allows you to select different medic stuff), and restore the ARMA 2 UI load screens to normal, instead of ACE 2? I love what you guys have done, But I'd like to "dial it down" a bit (my personal prefs), while still keeping all of the new equipment and most of the new features.

Most of the things you mention can be easily changed either by modules in game or in your clientside config. If you don't play online then you can remove some PBOs I suppose.

What HUD features have changed?

What developer gear are you referring to?

Stamina can be turned off via module.

All keys can be changed from your userconfig folder.

Not sure about the loadscreens.

What about having an AI start out as injured at the start of a mission?

Like I ask a page back: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1748438&postcount=1507

I've never been able to figure out how to get an AI unit to be incapacitated and injured and use the ACE2 Wound System. If I use the health slider or setdamage in the AI unit's init he will start out injured but healing him via the ACE2 wound system will not work.

But what I really want is to have the unit incapacitated at start so the player has to find said AI unit and drag him to a vehicle outside.

Anyone know how this is done with ACE2? The documentation doesn't seem to have anything on this, I could have easily missed it though.

Oh my.... Not sure how I missed that one. I thought I checked all the search results.

Thanks AnimalMother!

Only the AOR2 units are in atm.

Most of the things you mention can be easily changed either by modules in game or in your clientside config. If you don't play online then you can remove some PBOs I suppose.

What HUD features have changed?

What developer gear are you referring to?

Stamina can be turned off via module.

All keys can be changed from your userconfig folder.

Not sure about the loadscreens.

Srry about the dev stuff, it was that specific mission. W/ the HUD, i want the no of clips, the ammo meter, and the health bar back for singleplayer.

not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but in the latest release, there is a bug that makes you stand up while i the cargo position of a helicopter, so your legs are sticking out through the floor. this seems to happen only with the UH-60M, Mh-6 littlebird, and UH-60 medevac.

My left shift+space weapon rest isn't working. I think because it's the same keys used to change between high command and low command?

A video showcasing ACE:

That doesn't show too many ace features tbh (unless you count all the HUD removals). The bigger feature shown is ACRE.

Oh my.... Not sure how I missed that one. I thought I checked all the search results.

Thanks AnimalMother!

No prob :)

Srry about the dev stuff, it was that specific mission. W/ the HUD, i want the no of clips, the ammo meter, and the health bar back for singleplayer.

Roundcount changes are a core feature, hardly realistic to know exactly how many bullets are in your mag. Health bar? :confused:

Guys whats the CSW module for A.I?

cheers

Allows them to use Crew Served Weapons

Docu: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Crew_Served_Weapons+notes

A video showcasing ACE:

[YOUTUBE]btZTWRlwFXU[YOUTUBE]

Might wanna be careful with the crossposting in the future. ;)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1749421#post1749421

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1749418#post1749418

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1749417#post1749417

@All others with bugs/issues

If you can reliably repro the issue, please make a proper ticket about it so that the devs can keep track of it and sort it out. Most problems get lost in here quite quickly.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

As Sickboy said, with 1.5 Stable around the corner

Now's the time to go Bug Reporting

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_for_OA_Stable_Almost_there

Edited by AnimalMother92