Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

When adding the following unit in the editor i get a bug:

US -> Cars -> M923A2 (M2, open):

The screen goes blurry when being the gunner. Can someone confirm this before i make a bugreport?

I really can't understand how you can't figure out how to use six updater. I mean it is an automatic tool. You just run it and click on execute then your done.

Try doing this though, remove @CBA, @ACE, @ACEX, and @ACEX_SM from your ARMA2 directory. Run Six updater. Where it says preset click in the text box next to it, and select which version you of ACE you want. Then click on SYNC. Wait for it to finish. Now it should list the mods you want and out next to it it should say "NONE". Now in one of the text boxes below preset, I think it may be called "setting" or "action" or somethign click in the text box and select "Update or Install". Then click on excecute. It will download all the files you need and install them into the correct directory.

Note: your ARMA2 and OA directory has to be the defaul directory that it would install to if you don't mess with anything during your ARMA2 installations. That is it has to be program files\bohemia interactive\ARMA 2\ if you have ARMA2 installed in any other folder six updater isn't going to find it. This is pretty obvious but you seem well you seem like you may need the obvious stated for you.

Ok..

Ill try this ONCE more!

Provide a DL link to SIX updater please..If i go to the links provided in

first post i cant do anything.. NO SUPPORT FOR IE..

NEVERMIND the download...I had it installed..Updating...

LOOOOL

"This program couldnt start cause msvcrt-ruby18.dll couldnt be found

maybe can be corrected if you reinstall the program"

And now it wont even start. The six boots up and then 5 sec later

puff, gone..

Ive had NOTHING but problems using it and i´ve never got it to

work.

YAS on the other hand, 1 Shot 1 Kill, Never Fails...

Praise the lord, i found the DL to Six 0.17...

Lets see if THIS works then..

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

Noticed ACEX_SM in the presets, has this portion of ACE been already updated for OA's new weaponry?

I think so:

changelog ACEX_SM:

---------------

@ACEX_SM

Fri Jul 09 16:49:16 +0200 2010

Build 49 Updated to source:@df1c3e8c5175d4dd6d1c8557d3ce999beaae6e0a

Fri Jul 09 15:14:30 +0200 2010

Build 48 Updated to source:@82fb1c251d48987b6a42fffb43a3a6bb09041d1f

Changed

* Weapon sound updates, loudness/bass adjustments, reworks etc [tpM]

Added

* Support for OA weapons. [tpM]

---------------

Nice.

Still no word on the proper method for running ACE on Steam OA+ARMA2?

Fairly large issue:

Regular ArmA 2 CBA needs to be renamed as well as ACE and ACEx:

When I updated and ran A2 with the new CBA, rucks and "on back" weren't working. When I reverted CBA to an older version, they worked fine.

Also an issue, the new grenade throwing system in OA is present with ace, but you can't tell how hard you're throwing it. Can you guys bring the little circle thing back so we can see how hard we are tossing our nades?

A bit of patience about the YAS Mirrors. Neither ACE nor ArmA2 going anywhere.

Repo building done and, I'm updating Nat's and Whisper's mirrors.

... but there's still one thing that makes me wonder about ACEX_SM

(correct me, if I may be wrong in the following ;))

With OA there are in general 2 ways to include mods:

1) Let OA do it by using the ingame mod launcher (in this case no command line "-mod= ..." needed anymore)

2) don't touch the ingame mod launcher but put your mod names (as usual for A2) into command line as param "-mod=..."

so far so good, but when I choose way 1) I see @ACEX_SM "green" (OK) in the mod launcher,

when I choose way 2) means including @ACEX_SM into "-mod=..."-list I don't see @ACEX_SM in the mod launcher list even listed

so method 1) is to be preferred, is this right ?

(tested for "OA without beta", the other 3 parts Core, eXtras and CBA all always in the list, no matter if method 1) or 2) was used)

Edited by langgis08

I just tried using SIX Updater for OA ACE. Ugh, all it did was update my ARMA2 ACE, not install/update/move them into the OA's directory.

So just to point it out, SIX Updater needs support for Steam OA + Steam ARMA2 combos.

The Steam combo is made up of two directories, and for mods to be recognised by OA, they must be found in its directory.

I then tried a different method; creating my own preset. I selected OA Vanilla as the settings profile and still it just updates/installs in the ARMA2 directory.

Anyway of changing where exactly the mods install to? The settings profiles still all point to ARMA2's directory, which only works for disk/sprocket CO installs.

Edited by Frohman

Retrying SIX..

I had to stop it and "skip" like TONS of files..

IMHO six is NOT easy to use..

YAS on the other hand its more UI friendly and easier..

But i cant tell everyone to use YAS, but i could request

ACE team to provide at the same time they make betas or updates

available on six netw, to make it available on some repo server

aswell...

EDIT: WTH...I skiped panthera and STILL it tries to update it...

No....I wont do this...six isnt coming near this man again...

As Xeno said, the in-game mod launcher isn't very effective. Just use old methods (shortcut, launcher) if you want to make sure you're getting what you want.

A bit of patience about the YAS Mirrors. Neither ACE nor ArmA2 going anywhere.

Repo building done and, I'm updating Nat's and Whisper's mirrors.

This would be the adress right:

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACEOA-Repository/ArmA2ACEOA-Repo.7z

And ill get the @CBA_OA instead?

And its working like a charm..1 shot 1 kill

Kellys ACE2-A2 / ACE2-OA & Community Repo Infos.

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-OA YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

Combined Ops & OA-Only. ACE 1.5Betas

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-ArmA2Only YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

ArmA2-Only. ACE 1.3RC1 Stable & won't be updated anymore.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

If you have the AddonSync installed, click on this and add from there -> Kelly's YAS Repos

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

PS One small note, Vanilla OA's new goodies are keeping us busy atm, therefore we are not running ACE2 on our OA server. But we are keeping our old ACE2-ArmA2 server. We'll have ACE2OA server after most of the implementation are done and most of the KH Members switch to OA.

Edited by Cross

Working fine here..

So far no errors ingame..

And i DID make a misstake, i should have taken the @CBA instead of

@CBA_OA since im using Combined...

Cross i cant download it keeps saying please specificy the path i set it all to my arrowhead folder but keeps saying :(

Kellys ACE2-A2 / ACE2-OA & Community Repo Infos.

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-OA YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

Combined Ops & OA-Only. ACE 1.5Betas

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-ArmA2Only YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

ArmA2-Only. ACE 1.3RC1 Stable & won't be updated anymore.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

If you have the AddonSync installed, click on this and add from there -> Kelly's YAS Repos

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

PS One small note, Vanilla OA's new goodies are keeping us busy atm, therefore we are not running ACE2 on our OA server. But we are keeping our old ACE2-ArmA2 server. We'll have ACE2OA server after most of the implementation are done and most of the KH Members switch to OA.

Keeping an eye out for this...:yay:

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Cross i cant download it keeps saying please specificy the path i set it all to my arrowhead folder but keeps saying :(

Path is:

rootfolder/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Arma2

thats all...

If you are using steam i have no idea..Im using DVD´s on both

And if you are using OA standalone...No idea there either

So let me get this straight, can I move my ace folders to OA (btw im not using A2 anymore, I had to uninstall it, had some problems) so I don't have to redownload the whole Ace 2 package, and update it from there?

I get this error when I try to start up Combined Ops:

Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found

I first tried running console, no updates.

Then I tried removing @CBA and downloading it again, still no help.

I use Six Updater to do all this (Wonderful program it is. :) )

yep got the same problem here .-. cant start arma ;<

Anyway of changing where exactly the mods install to? The settings profiles still all point to ARMA2's directory, which only works for disk/sprocket CO installs.

Yeah i really need to know this too :)

sixg.th.jpg

Guide for anybody who hasn't worked out yet how to get SixUpdater to skip updating chosen mods.

There seems to be an issue, though, where even if a mod is tagged 'skip', if it's not installed at all (installation folder at least), SixUpdater insists on trying to download it the first time. Bit of a pain.

All worked very simply to update Combined Ops. Only problem I had was when I tried to load addons from another HD as well as the default installation location (spreading the disk reading load); then ACE simply refused to load at all, and I kept seeing the menu for vanilla OA.

The ACE stuff we've got so far seems to be working well, and fits in with the new maps/setting and lighting engine much better than with Chernarus. Feels good to become reacquainted with it bit by bit.

Only small issue I noticed: when you are commanding a Tusk and press 'r' to reload your heavy machine gun, this is also the key bind to launch smoke. Is this issue present with the Bis tanks in OA too, or a duplicate bind left in by ACE?

Thanks for the dedication, ACE team... .

Edited by Richey79

;1678427']Download CBA from orig file:

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/6625/CBA_v0-5-1.zip

Use the @CBA' date=' If you use A2 AND OA[/quote']

Did this, did not working. I have Combined Operations made out of DVD ArmA2 and DVD OA. I deleted the CBA inside my addons folder, downloaded the orig file, and placed it inside addons. It still keeps giving me the same error. :(