Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

Can someone please tell me why I dont have the option for 'A.C.E. Mod (Vanilla)' in my preset field?

Well, seems like I won't be using ACE for Arrowhead due to the reasons listed below:

• Makes the game extremely buggy and multiple crashes have happened due to this
  • Stops you from using the "much better" Bohemia backpack system
  • Overwrites the binoculars added by arrowhead which again were much better and didn't require the action menu to use
  • Overwrites the little birds which were added by Bohemia

The only reason I would want to use this mod is the medic system which works flawlessly

Sorry about the rant but I believe that unlike the mod for Arma2 which enhanced the game this mod just takes away from the game.

ACE via Six Updater for Arma2 Standalone is no longer supported.

You must download the ACE for ArmA 2 Manually.

Here: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_3

All of this information is in the very first post of this forum thread.

Please read when you get a chance.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Well, seems like I won't be using ACE for Arrowhead due to the reasons listed below:

• Overwrites the binoculars added by arrowhead which again were much better and didn't require the action menu to use

The only reason I would want to use this mod is the medic system which works flawlessly

Sorry about the rant but I believe that unlike the mod for Arma2 which enhanced the game this mod just takes away from the game.

We will miss you. LOL

Really ... I think that they are working on it. WIP - relax a bit. Drink a brew.

For your stability issues, perhaps the beta would help with that.

Edited by pchaxor

ACE via Six Updater for Arma2 Standalone is no longer supported.

You must download the ACE for ArmA 2 Manually.

Here: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_3

All of this information is in the very first post of this forum thread.

Please read when you get a chance.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

We will miss you. LOL

Really ... I think that they are working on it. WIP - relax a bit. Drink a brew.

For your stability issues, perhaps the beta would help with that.

Lol yeah, i'm just disappointed about it at the moment as ACE2 for ArmA2 was such a good mod.

Still is a good mod, just not supported by Six Updater.

The focus is on OA now .. as they have limited resources.

I am just glad Sickboy, Xeno and the others are finding the time in their busy lives to work on this project. I am sure if you have some skills to fix what you say is broken, they would be happy to have the help.

I am just going to be patient and just run the latest release on my client and server.

I will report the issues and try to provide relative and construtive critisism.

I think most of us take for granted what these guys are doing.

I think we need to show some appreciation, help more or just shad tha fak up and stay out of the way. LOL

1. If you're having crash issues report them in the issue tracker with the relevant information.
  2. What does "much better" mean? I'll leave explaining this one to xeno if he can be bothered.
  3. ACE removes the magic super accurate rangefinders with more realistic, less accurate, laser based ones. If you feel pressing the mouse wheel is too much work compared to pressing 'B' then I'm sorry.
  4. I'm not sure what you mean, ACE doesn't overwrite the Little Birds.

You do realise the ACE system isn't just about cosmetic changes? It also makes fundamental realism changes to the ballistics models, damage models, weapons, and numerous other engine improvements.

It's not everyone's cup of tea but for realism buffs it definitely adds to the simulation.

I am also interested to know what caused the crashes you experienced? Were you running custom missions or the standard campaign?

1. If you're having crash issues report them in the issue tracker with the relevant information.
  2. What does "much better" mean? I'll leave explaining this one to xeno if he can be bothered.
  3. ACE removes the magic super accurate rangefinders with more realistic, less accurate, laser based ones. If you feel pressing the mouse wheel is too much work compared to pressing 'B' then I'm sorry.
  4. I'm not sure what you mean, ACE doesn't overwrite the Little Birds.

The reason I haven't submitted bug reports yet is to see exactly when the game crashes so I know what is causing it.

Ok, the Bohemia ones worked "much better" because they allow you to view the contents of a friends backpack without them needing to take it off which I thought was brilliant as well as a much nicer interface.

I will have to admit the rangefinder added by Bohemia was a little to over accurate and quick but I liked the look of it better but this is only a minor gripe to be honest.

And I haven't managed to find the little birds added by Bohemia as the ACE ones were renamed and the original ones have been moved elsewhere.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

You do realise the ACE system isn't just about cosmetic changes? It also makes fundamental realism changes to the ballistics models, damage models, weapons, and numerous other engine improvements.

It's not everyone's cup of tea but for realism buffs it definitely adds to the simulation.

I am also interested to know what caused the crashes you experienced? Were you running custom missions or the standard campaign?

Yes, these changes are VERY desirable but when they remove some other things which Bohemia added to make the game better it is a bit disappointing.

Secludedsfx

You just backtracked on all your previous statements. ACE is not for everyone. If your looking for ease of use as you just stated above ACE in general is not your cup of tea. I find the mod extremely challenging to deal with because it brings an element of realism into the game which is not for everyone. But dont blame the mod for that. You have a choice to use it or not. The rest of us continue to support it in its current form. Also remember 1.5 is going through some catch up work now because of all the changes Arrowhead brought in. Have a little faith in the ACE team and you will be rewarded. But if your looking for simplicity and ease of use you better stick with the vanilla game.

Edited by gunterlund21

The BIS backpack system is a mess, way too under-developed in my humble opinion. Plus you can't have an MG touting team member hike in with a pack in missions that require it. The MGs take up both slots.(This isn't necessarily ACE2 pack system material but Ac Are you sure you can't see the contents of a friends bag? I just walk up and use ACE2 the interaction key. I think that works.

Good luck.

What affect can we expect from the recently announced british DLC? Are you guys just gonna ignore it and have your own stuff eventually or will it get 'ACE'd' if we have the content installed?

What affect can we expect from the recently announced british DLC? Are you guys just gonna ignore it and have your own stuff eventually or will it get 'ACE'd' if we have the content installed?

We will not support the first DLC as most of us won't buy the british DLC (we don't have british devs).

That may change for other free DLC.

The decision to not support payable DLC was allready taken when we first heard about it.

Nevertheless, it probably will work with ACE 2 but many features may not be available (weaponrest, fastroping, etc, etc).

Though it also depends on an updated CBA version.

But everybody is welcome to contribute all necessary changes for an additional ACEX_GB/ACEX_UK.

We will take a look at the engine enhancements as those are also available in the normal OA patches.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

We will not support the first DLC as most of us won't buy the british DLC (we don't have british devs).

The decision to not support payable DLC was allready taken when we first heard about it.

Nevertheless, it probably will work with ACE 2 but many features may not be available (weaponrest, fastroping, etc, etc).

But everybody is welcome to contribute all necessary changes for an additional ACEX_GB/ACEX_UK.

We will take a look at the engine enhancements as those are also available in the normal OA patches.

Xeno

Noooooooooooo:mad:

Why no support the full ArmA experience ?, Don't you know once you go ACE you never go back.

Please make ACE compatible with all DLC, Please! :pray:

Xeno

Xeno

Isnt this one of the cornerstones of the new ACE2. Allowing others to tap in to the ace system to let the community bring new addons into the ACE fold. This DLC could be a good test for RKSL and the boys :-).

Spot-on Gunterlund21. John, you know the organization of the ACE team, they focus on keeping their core solid, making allowances and opportunities for the rest. It's not exclusively the team that needs to make units work. Time to build your config 'chops'?

The BIS backpack system is a mess, way too under-developed in my humble opinion. Plus you can't have an MG touting team member hike in with a pack in missions that require it. The MGs take up both slots.(This isn't necessarily ACE2 pack system material but Ac Are you sure you can't see the contents of a friends bag? I just walk up and use ACE2 the interaction key. I think that works.

Good luck.

hello you mentioned to use the interaction key to see special options for AI units? how exactly do you do this? Ive search all over the ACE website, Ive found the "keys" page, but it doesn't exactly say which key it is.... any info is appreciated. thanks :D:D:D:D

interaction keys are usually the left or right windows key. in you arma2\userconfig\ace\ace_Keys.hpp you can remap your keys to what ever you want

On my keyboards i don't have a right windows key, so i usually remap one to 219 its been awhile now since i haven't really used ace with OA. but i think it was the top one that i remapped

// Interaction
class ace_sys_interaction {
	class Interaction_Menu {
		key = 220;	// win l
		shift = 0;	
	};
	class Self_Interaction_Menu {
		key = 221;	// app
		shift = 0;	
	};
};

Noooooooooooo:mad:

Why no support the full ArmA experience ?, Don't you know once you go ACE you never go back.

Please make ACE compatible with all DLC, Please! :pray:

As I allready wrote, everybody can contribute :)

But we can't force any ACE dev nor any player to buy content he might not be interested in. That's one of the drawbacks of DLC, you can simply skip it.

I'm happy for the Brits that they get something to play with yet you must understand that outside the UK not everybody might share the same interest in UK units and vehicles. The same would have happened if the DLC would add french/german/spanish/<add whatever country you like> units/vehicles.

Xeno

I'm glad you've taken that stance on the DLC, love you ACE :D

Hang on a sec, surely the DLC won't cause problems with ACE2 as the core engine has to remain the same? Any improvements made to the game engine are going to be made in free patches anyway so ACE2 will have to be compatible with those at least.

Hang on a sec, surely the DLC won't cause problems with ACE2 as the core engine has to remain the same? Any improvements made to the game engine are going to be made in free patches anyway so ACE2 will have to be compatible with those at least.

Quoting myself:

Those enhancements aren't enhancements like shooting out of vehicles for example.

Some config entries of the new features are allready part of the OA beta patches. If they are interesting we will surely add them. But they are not a must have.

Xeno

What I meant was that when engine changes are released as part of patches to the game, ACE2 surely has to remain compatible with them otherwise you will be expecting people to use a lower than current version number of the actual OA executable.

What I meant was that when engine changes are released as part of patches to the game, ACE2 surely has to remain compatible with them otherwise you will be expecting people to use a lower than current version number of the actual OA executable.

Like I wrote, those engine changes just add some new features like artillery and engineer stuff. If you don't use it in your mod/addon nothing breaks.

Xeno