Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

Got a error when join your server 'ACE_SYS_CAMSHAKE' missing, screen stays black !

Server and Client running "A.C.E. (Op. Arrowhead Combined Ops)" any ideas ?

Thx

"Does not seem to be a repository" bullsh*t.

Anyone got ACE OA on Yoma yet?

Me want that tooo....

Damn, its so hot here that 2 large Famous Grouse is enough...:yay:

Another one and ill be wasted..

I know, I was asking a question - What kinda reply is that.

I did say it was normal, I don't have the details, I'm just trying to take work off the guys that are actually making the stuff you see every Friday.

I'm sure US Army soldiers with PROPER load outs should be out soon. <--This is not an official statement, it is just a guess.

What I am seeing/hoping for in the future is everyone running OA only and ACE_OA bringing in RUS and USMC factions so T90, BMP3, LAV, AAV etc. So we will have everything we have now in ACEX 1,3. But better, and probably without CDF and CHDKZ, running only OA so no CO messing around.

I think that'd be illegal porting A2 stuff into OA in you don't own A2 or CO.

Error - Include File x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found ....

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/files <--There

That's normal, these guys aren't robots, have patience.

This version is a beta, OA has been out for like 10 days, these guys need to sleep, etc, they are not robots, expect more stuff to be added in future updates.

Remember, it took like 5 months for the first public release of ACE2 for ArmA II, and look at everything that added, a lot of this takes time.

Don’t misunderstand me; I am (to say the least) very impressed over the development rate of ACE2. I just wondered if there was something wrong with my installation.

I did say it was normal, I don't have the details, I'm just trying to take work off the guys that are actually making the stuff you see every Friday.

I'm sure US Army soldiers with PROPER load outs should be out soon. <--This is not an official statement, it is just a guess.

Fine, thank you. There's just no need for the extra bit, making me sound like some impatient 12 year old asking a simple question regarding the installation and not an eagerness to see everything converted in a few days.

I don't even need the soldiers, I just want to make sure is set up correctly and hope the guys take their time :)

I think that'd be illegal porting A2 stuff into OA in you don't own A2 or CO.

Well it is intended for those of us who have combined our ArmA II + OA. I'm sure they will think of some way to do it.

It's not as bad as going backwards, like taking OA stuff and putting it in ArmA II.

Oh, I see. Will the US Army be keeping SCARs if we like them, like an optional file?

superb, works with latest OA-beta, too without errors on my sys

for whom it may be of interest here's my link-settings:

TARGET ("Ziel"): "E:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

EXECUTE IN ("ausführen in"): "E:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"

(beta's place is as installation of beta does by default, as you can see above)

:bounce3:

Oh, I see. Will the US Army be keeping SCARs if we like them, like an optional file?

I don't know, I know the US Army SF should be keeping them. They will still be available, etc, but if you want one, you'll have to dig it out of an ammo box or play SF.

EDIT: If you want to suggest that, add it to this ticket: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11752

here a quick one: old "userconfig"-folder does it still ? meaning I've seen the same config-files (same time-stamp etc.) in the 376-store in @ace-folder

I think they are the same. I'm not finding any problems thus far.

What's the point of ACE for OA?

No offense, but the only thing ACE gave us in ARMA 2 that was worth anything was the vehicles and the weapons - something I really appreciated! The sounds too, of course.

But OA basically has it all, so... why risk splitting the community between ACE and non-ACE?

Thanks for your hard work for ARMA 2, but I think OA is fine without the division between ACE users and non.

@Jaenus, if you don't have a glue how many features ACE provides and how many things ACE changes then yes, it's better you stick to vanilla OA.

Xeno

OA vanilla and ACE cant be compared...LOL

ACE team does what BI sould do...

LOL ace is soooo much more the just vehics and weapons...'

PS: Btw...would be happy if you found it in your heart to provide

DOWNLOAD links to this update....Pretty please...

No offense, but the only thing ACE gave us in ARMA 2 that was worth anything was the vehicles and the weapons - something I really appreciated! The sounds too, of course.

But OA basically has it all, so... why risk splitting the community between ACE and non-ACE?

Thanks for your hard work for ARMA 2, but I think OA is fine without the division between ACE users and non.

:rolleyes:

Because ACE has so much to offer over vanilla OA still, so they put in their own tacky backpack system and some recoil and then that null'n'voids everything in ACE?

Error - Include File x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found ....

Yeah same problem as this guy running ACE2, ACEX, ACEX SM and CBA all of which are the OA versions.

Yeah same problem as this guy running ACE2, ACEX, ACEX SM and CBA all of which are the OA versions.

Please be sure that your CBA is up 2 date.

If you are OA only be also sure to add @CBA_OA to your modline (if you have Combined Operations then you don't need CBA_OA).

Edit: No YAS servers available currently. We had so much work to do today on ACE that we totally forgot to inform those nice people who provide them, sorry for that.

But you have to understand that we do not provide any normal or other download during development.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

i get this error,

Error: 80004005 in D3DXCompileShader while compiling the PSSpecularAlpha:0 pixel shader (w:\c_branch\poseidon\arrowhead\lib\d3d9\ShaderSources_3_0\PSBasic.hlsl)

error X3501: 'PSSpecularAlpha': entrypoint not found

ErrorMessage: Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

and this

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'.

although i do run lots of other addons, CAA1 to name one, I'll try removing that first..

edit:

fixed it... :o

Alright got six updater working finally.

Now I have same problem as Chris1986 on page 3/Aced170.

Pretty sure I'm running all updated OA version of mods/addons.

Got combined ops here btw.

Edited by U|K Andy

Got a error when join your server 'ACE_SYS_CAMSHAKE' missing, screen stays black !

I've fixed it, some leftovers.

But please report such problems in the tracker. It was pure coincidence that I saw your post.

Thanks.

If there are more "gamebreaking" bugs we might release a hotfix later.

Xeno

just for being sure, how do I know that ACEX_SM is being loaded correctly ...

played with the -mod-line and compared with ingame mod-launcher:

1) when "-mod=" contains @ACEX, game notices "eXtras", with or without @ACEX_SM in param

2) when "-mod=" doesnt contain @ACEX, game doesnt notice "eXtras" , with or without @ACEX_SM in param

3) "CBA" and "Core" are represented, that's for sure, when in param

=> so how do I know about ACEX_SM having been loaded correctly ?

Please be sure that your CBA is up 2 date.

If you are OA only be also sure to add @CBA_OA to your modline (if you have Combined Operations then you don't need CBA_OA).

Edit: No YAS servers available currently. We had so much work to do today on ACE that we totally forgot to inform those nice people who provide them, sorry for that.

But you have to understand that we do not provide any normal or other download during development.

Xeno

Understandable..

But if anyone using six could provid a YAS repo that would be swell. :yay: