Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

[uGAF] OA + A2 Public & YAS Repo updated to 1.5 RC6

Mod Version

@ACE 396

@ACEX 270

@ACEX_RU 4

@ACEX_SM 59

@ACEX_USNavy 4

@CBA 122

a2_backwards_compat.tar pbo files have been extracted and put into @ACE\addons.

@Xeno please let me know if this is O.k. or should I remove the files from that directory?

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/UGAF_OA+A2_Server.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/OA_ACE/modreopo.7z

For those who just have ArmA2 the ACE stable 373 can be found at the following:

[uGAF] @ACE Server & YAS Repo

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/UGAF_ACE_Server.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Server/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthre...d=591#post_591

@Xeno please let me know if this is O.k. or should I remove the files from that directory?

No, it's fine.

Not sure yet how we will handle it in the future but for now it's ok :)

Xeno

The T90 certainly has additional armor (ERA for starters)...though in reality if you hit a T90 2x in the same spot with a HEAA, it should crack but I just don't know if we can actually simulate that.

Wouldn't a tandem warhead do just that? I know the Russians are fielding those now, western forces might have some as well.

First time i try ace and i have to say u guys did great job THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Hey lads

Any one else getting the remote sever returned and error 404 not found on some of the files from the ace oa/co KH yas sever i got 633 total files 604 ok

this right or should i install the whole thing again :)

thx @ace team for today's release :)

one question: for the case I need to call for A2 backwards compatibility, where do the .pbo/.bisign stored in @ace\"store" belong ? First guess is "@ace\addons\"-Folder, is that correct ?

"Backwards Compatibility

As of ACE for OA Beta, previous (ACE for A2) missions became incompatible because of the large cleanup and rebasing we've performed to be able to support both ArmA 2 OA Standalone and Combined Ops users (Changes in ACE for OA),

however for the Final Stable release we have added an optional backwards compatibility config which will make all the old missions work without modification (unless absolutely impossible), while providing you with the full feature set and support of the latest ACE version."

source: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_for_OA_Stable_Almost_there

Thank you for this latest release. Great work as always.

For the next update please add a way to turn off the G-force blackout effects and/or a way to set it and give it to other pilot addons.

I opened a ticket at Dev-heaven with your feedback on your behalf. In the future, please do so to ensure your feedback will not be overlooked.

I would ask that you find some type of reference to back up the claim about dispersion and T90 vulnerability.

So far, all I can find is "Exhibits an average hit probability greater than 90% on a 1 x 2 meter target at combat ranges "

- which is a bit open to interpretation...

and "(HEAA) - Attains full penetration of heavy armor from nearly any oblique angle. The High Explosive Anti-Armor (HEAA) rocket is effective against current tanks without additional armor."

- The T90 certainly has additional armor (ERA for starters)...though in reality if you hit a T90 2x in the same spot with a HEAA, it should crack but I just don't know if we can actually simulate that.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13754

thanks for the ticket, I was going to do so myself but R/L got in the way at the last minute.

As regards your inquries, the SMAW dispersion is from observed testing by our Assault section in the work up they are doing for the 0351 Training Manual for the 15th MEU. The actual SMAW documents are still classified so we are under some limitations. The effects on the T-90 are from gameplay using ACE.

I have ACE 2 and I'm trying to add a "M110_TWS_EP1" to my soldiers back in a mission, typing the following into the init box (where u add guns to the unit) in the unit dialog box:

_unit setvariable["ACE_weapononback","M110_TWS_EP1"];

It returns a "Local variable in Global space" error if i try to hit ok, thus resulting in my inability to add the gun to the guy's back.

I got this command from the ace 2 features page:

"To add a weapon to a units back :

_unit setvariable ["ACE_weapononback","ACE_M72"];

This will add an M72 Law launcher to _unit's back. Ammunition is added in the normal way and takes up the same slots."

Plz help me, as an AB infiltration mission requires both an AR and a sniper rifle (at least mine does, don't flame the post plz).

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

The problem is _unit, not anything ACE-related. If it's in the unit's init line, you should use this to refer to it, not _unit... Though I strongly recommend using a more reliable loadout script, as changing gear in the init line can occasionally cause problems in multiplayer.

Thanks so much. I'll try a different script if i ever port 2 MP, but right now it's SP (it's my FIRST ever mission). BTW, how would I set up triggers to follow this sequence of objectives:

1. Infiltrate compound (this means i need it to detect when the player is inside the fence of the AB and set a task to complete, plus give the player around 100 pts.).

2. Eliminate the Officers (I have two ppl i need dead, one russian general and one insurgent commander. I need to have a trigger that doesn't fire until those 2 have met their journey's end.)

3. After bad guy 1 & 2 have resigned from their military careers permanently, i need to create an intel object (just a briefcase) which i can place anywhere i choose (in the editor), and set a trigger to check if that has been picked up by the player (this is a "kill the target, retrieve intel and get ur a*s out of there mission.

4. Now it's time for the get ur a*s out of there part - I need to tell the whole squad to move to a spot, then call for exfil using the comms -radio menu.

5. MISSION COMPLETE!!!

Thx so much 4 all the help, I'm a total n00b.

Edited by pilotbaxter007

"The problem is _unit, not anything ACE-related. If it's in the unit's init line, you should use this to refer to it, not _unit... Though I strongly recommend using a more reliable loadout script, as changing gear in the init line can occasionally cause problems in multiplayer. "

I TRIED THE FIX, and now it works, but the button in the gear menu to switch the gun on the back for the 1 in ur hands is grayed out. i.e. i have the gun but can put it into my hands through the gear menu like i should be able to.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I don't know if this has been reported but it is fairly serious, the new RPK has no firing sound, and after I used it for five seconds IT CRASHED MY COMPUTER!

I am shouting because i was downloading something that was like 5gb's or something and it crashed on about 4.8gb done.

I don't know if this has been reported but it is fairly serious, the new RPK has no firing sound, and after I used it for five seconds IT CRASHED MY COMPUTER!

A hotfix is on the way. No need to shout.

Please, report bugs and problems in our tracker.

Most of us do not visit this forum or just from time to time only.

with today update where has the PLA forces gone to?

PLA was removed allready months ago...

Xeno

Hello) Yesterday I installed the latest version ACE for OA and now when the call artillery Sadarm i have this (see screenshot) Where I go wrong? or how can I fix it? Thanks for any help.

8f9a7753f116.jpg

Hello) Yesterday I installed the latest version ACE for OA and now when the call artillery Sadarm i have this (see screenshot) Where I go wrong? or how can I fix it? Thanks for any help.

8f9a7753f116.jpg

have the same problem.

ACE 1.5 RC6 Hotfix now available on the SIX Updater network

Changelog (Hotfix changes were added to the RC6 changelog):

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_5_RC6

Specific hotfix changelog:

ACE

Fixed

ARTY related error messages [Xeno]

Stamina script errors due to ruck gearWeight function [sickboy]

Added

Sight adjust for M32, M79 and Mk13 [VKing]

Updated

Missions by AnimalMother92 [sickboy]

ACEX

Fixed

Missing RPK Fire sound [Q1184]

ACEX_RU

Fixed

Double Stringtable entry SU series [sickboy]

Engine noise in Su30/34 cockpits [VKing]

ACEX_USNAVY

Fixed

SMAW Spotting rifle pboprefix, fixes #13760 [sickboy]

If there are no gamebreakers or other serious problems then this version will be available as 1.5 Stable in a few days.

Xeno

Thank you! for the fast correction Arty-Sadarm. :bounce3: I am happy now :D

[uGAF] OA + A2 Public & YAS Repo updated to 1.5 RC6 Hotfix

Mod Version

@ACE 398

@ACEX 271

@ACEX_RU 5

@ACEX_USNavy 6

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/UGAF_OA+A2_Server.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/OA_ACE/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthre...d=591#post_591

the update put version number back ?? 398 to 396 ?? that was a little confusiong

is that correct ?

Mod Current Latest Info Changes Compatible?

@ACE 396 398 Info Changes Yes Arma2Oa

@ACEX 270 271 Info Changes Yes Arma2Oa

@ACEX_RU 4 5 Info Changes Yes Arma2OaCo

@ACEX_USNavy 4 6 Info Changes Yes Arma2OaCo

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

the update put version number back ?? 398 to 396 ?? that was a little confusiong

is that correct ?

@ACE 396 398 Info Changes Yes Arma2Oa

@ACEX 270 271 Info Changes Yes Arma2Oa

@ACEX_RU 4 5 Info Changes Yes Arma2OaCo

@ACEX_USNavy 4 6 Info Changes Yes Arma2OaCo

seems to be normal again:

@ACE 398 398 Info Changes Yes Arma2Oa

@ACEX 271 271 Info Changes Yes Arma2Oa

@ACEX_RU 5 5 Info Changes Yes Arma2OaCo

@ACEX_SM 59 59 Info Changes Yes Arma2Oa

@ACEX_USNavy 6 6 Info Changes Yes Arma2OaCo

@CBA 122 122 Info Changes Yes Arma2

Would it be possible to return right-click to zoom when in the back seat of the Apache, while still having access to the gunner's view? Thought i'd better ask before considering making a ticket.

Just discovered two problems

BMP-2D will not load and texture is missing for BRDM 9P31

Error Messages are:

BMP-2D: "cannot open object x\acex\addons\m_veh_bmp2\acebmp2d.p3d" the vehicle won't load

BRDM 9p31: "cannot load texture x\acex\addons\t_veh_brdm\9p31_01_co.paa"

I just put them in the editor in utes as empty vehicles

Can't make a ticket atm as i am just about to leave for work

I am using combined ops with latest 311 beta for OA and latest ace rc6 plus hotfix