Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

Does any1 have a good Yoma link? I'm currently using Kellys Heroes to download ACE. Is that ok? How do I check my ACE version?

kellys are the best i think you cant go wrong with them........in your ace folder in the main arma 2 directory there should be a notebook file called version just open that.

I was snooping around in the ACE clientside config and I saw this. What is it?

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - IMMERSIVE DISMOUNT
--------------------
FEATURES: Enables immersive dismount camera perspective

I also found the 'cartridges stay' function. Very nice hidden detail. :)

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Essentially it makes dismounting vehicles feel more realistic. Say for example you hop out of an MH-6. Instead of being teleported from the cargo to the ground (which is a jarring transition) the camera looks towards where you are getting out making it feel more like you are actually moving out of it. Kind of hard to explain, but worth turning on imo. :)

I was snooping around in the ACE clientside config and I saw this. What is it?

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - IMMERSIVE DISMOUNT
--------------------
FEATURES: Enables immersive dismount camera perspective

I also found the 'cartridges stay' function. Very nice hidden detail. :)

Everything in ACE is documented.

Unfortunately, most people don't take those 10 mins to look into it, they would rather post here 20 times, bumping their own posts. Even a search on those forums would be helpful, but i guess that is just too much to ask from the average user.

It's not rocket science either

So essentially these forums are useless then because we could look anything up or just ask the developers personally.

I always search before making a thread or reply. Show me where it's listed and documented please because I cannot seem to find it. Anyway my belief is we're here to help one another, even with the most idiotic questions. We're a community unlike any other. No need to over exaggerate and insult one another. I appreciate all your help and hard work guys. :)

So essentially these forums are useless then because we could look anything up or just ask the developers personally.

I always search before making a thread or reply. Anyway my belief is we're here to help one another, even with the most idiotic questions. We're a community unlike any other. No need to over exaggerate and insult one another. I appreciate all your help and hard work guys. :)

No. Those forums/thread is for announcing releases - ACE case. It is not for suggestions, bug tracking, or support. That is done on ACE Issue Tracker

There has been a lot of effort put into having a proper documentation for ACE2, unlike ACE for Armed Assault.

Still the result is just the same: everyone having the slightest issue would rather post here, or even create their own thread.

I am neither over exaggerating, or insulting anyone. It just happens that i am right, and you are wrong.

The same question you have been asking for around 5 times have been replied to 20 times before. And don't tell me you have searched, because this is what i have found: ACE config outdated - search

And here is what you have been looking for, found on ACE FAQ on WAGN: ACE Userconfig

If the link to documentation is hard to find on the first page, here it is again:

ACE 2 Documentation on Wagn

There is a real reason ppl such as Sickboy (and most likely soon to follow Xeno) are taking their leave from this forums, and others, such as Rocko (who has done A LOT if not most work for ACE) have never posted here. Think about it. Not even speaking about kju, or other long time knowledgeable veterans

Edited by PuFu

And it's a damn shame they've left. It's too bad.

Hopefully Xeno doesn't leave too.

I'm sorry. I really didn't know the devs are so annoyed with these forums. I've been gone for a little less than a year, just got back and there's lots of new stuff going on. I think it'd be best if you guys made it very apparent in the first post that you don't want these sort of posts in the BIS forums. I know I wouldn't ask for help if there was something on the first page.

EDIT: Not to nag, but after checking the links you posted I still haven't found an answer for the Immersive Dismount which is all I was really asking about.

I'm sorry. I really didn't know the devs are so annoyed with these forums. I've been gone for a little less than a year, just got back and there's lots of new stuff going on. I think it'd be best if you guys made it very apparent in the first post that you don't want these sort of posts in the BIS forums. I know I wouldn't ask for help if there was something on the first page.

OK, lets not drag this further than it is needed:

1. no one said you can't ask for help. It is just that would be of common sense to search it yourself before you do it. Some stuff is still not covered in ACE docu, some things that could be complicated to comprehend in a normal documentation have been left out on purpose.

2. it is getting annoying that all the important posts are lost in the mess created with by "OMG! I want IT!" or "HELP, can't get around that fucking 6updater. Why don't you have a proper download link like everyone else?"(even though there are several Yoma reps, Kellys being kept up to date even though KH members are NOT playing with ACE).

while i know my post(s) was in vein, and as soon as a new page is created, some generic Joe will ask the same over again, at least i was able to get it out.

PS: Updated FAQ with needed info

Edited by PuFu

My left shift+space weapon rest isn't working. I think because it's the same keys used to change between high command and low command?

Fixed this by updating my userconfig. Forgot to check that :j:. Figure I'll post it so anybody looking for the fix will find it from one more source.

OK, lets not drag this further than it is needed:

1. no one said you can't ask for help. It is just that would be of common sense to search it yourself before you do it. Some stuff is still not covered in ACE docu, some things that could be complicated to comprehend in a normal documentation have been left out on purpose.

2. it is getting annoying that all the important posts are lost in the mess created with by "OMG! I want IT!" or "HELP, can't get around that fucking 6updater. Why don't you have a proper download link like everyone else?"(even though there are several Yoma reps, Kellys being kept up to date even though KH members are NOT playing with ACE).

while i know my post(s) was in vein, and as soon as a new page is created, some generic Joe will ask the same over again, at least i was able to get it out.

Alright I understand now. I think it's too late and I'm really tired, because what you were telling me was just not sinking in. Thanks for the patience and understanding, been a long week.

Proper Spacing

Hi Folks,

since you introduced the quick weaponmode cycle thingy, i can't cycle through scope modes anymore or switch to CQB sights. (should be shift+f)

I updated my userconfig and Ace_key files and searched this thread but i didn't find a solution. I also tried to bind the quick cycle keys to "alt" instead to "shift". :confused:

Any ideas?

Greets

Crushus

guess you are talking about ACE2 under CO or OA

default button is numpad /.

It is an OA feature, so you can set it up in your controls from within the game

*Long-winded tirade*.....

Are you done yet?

I mean the whole bashing your fanbase and the "It's SOOO hard to be an ACE developer because I'm surrounded by morons..." bit. Because having someone from ACE throwing a major wobbler every couple of weeks is getting really old.

Sure there are stupid questions. All developers get them.

Yes, you are working for free. Same as any other A2 mod/addon maker.

You hate criticism. Who doesn't?

No user base will tolerate this kind of abuse forever no matter how good the product is. Please, stop the rants.

Edited by Evil_Echo

Are you done yet?

I mean the whole bashing your fanbase and the "It's SOOO hard to be an ACE developer because I'm surrounded by morons..." bit. Because having someone from ACE throwing a major wobbler every couple of weeks is getting really old.

Sure there are stupid questions. All developers get them.

Yes, you are working for free. Same as any other A2 mod/addon maker.

You hate criticism. Who doesn't?

No user base will tolerate this kind of abuse forever no matter how good the product is. Please, stop the rants.

One note for you: i am NOT part of ACE team anymore, due to RL commitments. Has been like that for some time.

That said, my criticism comes from a user POV (sorry, i meant one that hardly has time to play A2).

I guess your conspiracy theory just went down the drain now :rolleyes:

It'd be so great if this thread would get back on track and people would stop squabbling/complaining.

Because having someone from ACE....

Current member or not. The rants are having a hugely negative effect and need to stop.

guess you are talking about ACE2 under CO or OA

default button is numpad /.

It is an OA feature, so you can set it up in your controls from within the game

D'oh...

my own stupidity strikes again...:icon_ohmygod:

Thanks alot

Evil_Echo and Pufu, settle your differences over private messages, no point in airing them here.

My own tests showed that weapon rest never delayed during "empty" missions, but always delayed during busy missions. These tests used the same surface, a low wall

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13732

Xeno

Hello,

I am the Platoon Sergeant of Weapons Platoon 15th MEU(SOC) Realism Unit

We are dealing with four issues regarding the SMAW

1.Dispersion

I am informed by my Assault Squad leader that the SMAW in ACE is affected by dispersion to a greater degree than real life. The specification for the weapon accuracy is; " Hit a 3m X 2m target at 500m with 90% hit probability"

Under ACE this is not the case. The dispersion should be nearer to 3% maximum.

2. Spotting Round tracer visibility

The spotting round is too visible. Firing a spotting round will immediately alert the enemy in a much wider area than normal. The flare from the spotting round should be only visible to the rear in a 30' arc from the flight of the round.

3. T-90 near invulnerability

In a recent operation a T-90 took hits from seven SMAW HEAA rounds that resulted in the incapacitation of the driver only. The T-90 is almost invulnerable to a SMAW HEAA warhead. Should this be the case?

4. SMAW NE warhead

The SMAW NE warhead should be added to ACE.

Respectfully Submitted

GySgt Bird

Platoon Sergeant

Weapons Platoon

Echo Company

Just for info, no release yet...

With todays release all missions made for ACE 1.3 (last ArmA 2 only release) should run without a

problem again as long as you have CO (Combined Operations).

So stay tuned...

Todays release will be the last RC before the first stable snapshot (if there are no gamebreaking bugs).

Xeno

Hello,

Respectfully Submitted

GySgt Bird

Platoon Sergeant

Weapons Platoon

Echo Company

I opened a ticket at Dev-heaven with your feedback on your behalf. In the future, please do so to ensure your feedback will not be overlooked.

I would ask that you find some type of reference to back up the claim about dispersion and T90 vulnerability.

So far, all I can find is "Exhibits an average hit probability greater than 90% on a 1 x 2 meter target at combat ranges "

- which is a bit open to interpretation...

and "(HEAA) - Attains full penetration of heavy armor from nearly any oblique angle. The High Explosive Anti-Armor (HEAA) rocket is effective against current tanks without additional armor."

- The T90 certainly has additional armor (ERA for starters)...though in reality if you hit a T90 2x in the same spot with a HEAA, it should crack but I just don't know if we can actually simulate that.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13754

Edited by scubaman3D

ACE 1.5 RC6 available on the SIX Updater network

Changelog:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_5_RC6

Please note:

You'll find the backwards compatibility addon (a2_backwards_compat.tar) in the @ACE\store folder. This one enables you to play all available ACE 1.3 missions with 1.5 (as long as you have CO).

Key and bisign files are in the tar file.

While the changelog might allready look "big", about 300 changes were pushed into the ACE git repositories since last friday (and as allways most of them don't find their way into the changelog).

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Kellys ACE2-OA YAS Repo Updated to b396 (ACE2 1.5 RC6).

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-OA YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

Combined Ops & OA-Only. ACE 1.5Betas

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACEOA-Repository/ArmA2ACEOA-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-ArmA2Only YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

ArmA2-Only. ACE 1.3RC1 Stable & won't be updated anymore.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

If you have the AddonSync installed, click on this and add from there -> Kelly's YAS Repos

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.