Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

Guys) I have some problem with ACE-2 1.5 RC5 when i update it with Addon Sync 2009 i launch the game go to the editor and if i chose any unit and click on preview it was scrolling back to editor and say: "no entry. Model Optics" so i cant play in my favorite simulator.... any ideas??? (((

Arma 2 + Arma 2 OA - 1.52 mabe this issue will gone after installing patch 1.54 ?????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh cheers animal.

I would definitely install 1.54 + betas if i were you :-)

Edited by muttly

Guys) I have some problem with ACE-2 1.5 RC5 when i update it with Addon Sync 2009 i launch the game go to the editor and if i chose any unit and click on preview it was scrolling back to editor and say: "no entry. Model Optics" so i cant play in my favorite simulator.... any ideas??? (((

Arma 2 + Arma 2 OA - 1.52 mabe this issue will gone after installing patch 1.54 ?????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13631

There is my quate! Sicboy is dont help me.... he start the support this quastion but after that, he say me - i dont help you.....

Try actually reading what Sickboy posted... He did help you, you're just not helping yourself... What do you want him to do? Patch up your game FOR you?

Just install the 1.54 patch and if you have trouble installing that, report to BIS not to Sickboy...

Try actually reading what Sickboy posted... He did help you, you're just not helping yourself... What do you want him to do? Patch up your game FOR you?

Just install the 1.54 patch and if you have trouble installing that, report to BIS not to Sickboy...

Thank's) But my game is licence and when i open installer of Patch 1.54 - it say's to me - Wrong CD Key........ I by it on amazon.com...............:(:confused:

My apologies if this has been previously covered here, but I am having a little trouble with ACE. I searched for a solution, but couldnt find a strait answer although I may have overlooked something. Anyway, last week I updated ACE through the Six Updater and and noticed that it had added RU and US Navy addons. I was pretty excited and enabled the two new additions in the expansions tab and restarted the game only to recieve this on startup...

"include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found"

Now the game won't start unless I delete the two new addons. I went back and deleted the two new addons as well as my @CBA folder and then reinstalled them through the Six Updater to see if the problem would be corrected, but I'm still having the same issue. Can someone help me or possibly provide a link to some help? By the way I'm running Combined Operations and as far as I know not doing anything any different from all the other times I've updated ACE. Thanks.

UPDATE: Problem solved! I added the two new addons to the target line of my shortcut and everything works fine now.

Edited by Dodgeboy328

My left shift+space weapon rest isn't working. I think because it's the same keys used to change between high command and low command?

I fear this went by unnoticed.

I fear this went by unnoticed.

I find the weapon-resting feature (which is probably my favourite ACE2 feature) is rather patchy, my own theory is that it becomes subject to script lag.

I figured it was that too. Even as I rapidly tap Shift+Space, Space, Space, Space the weapon never 'latches on'. Usually if it's lag causing the issue you can button-spam and it'll eventually accept the command, but not here.

I find the weapon-resting feature (which is probably my favourite ACE2 feature) is rather patchy, my own theory is that it becomes subject to script lag.

Nope, has nothing to do with script lag.

Weapon rest is still the same as it was in A2.

Resting the weapon in windows of some OA houses can cause a little FPS hickup, for example. Hopefully we can resolve it before the first stable release.

Xeno

I figured it was that too. Even as I rapidly tap Shift+Space, Space, Space, Space the weapon never 'latches on'. Usually if it's lag causing the issue you can button-spam and it'll eventually accept the command, but not here.

In some of my extreme experiments it takes as long as 20 seconds from Shift+Space to weapon rest. And, I'm not sure but maybe repeated pressings just resets that delay.

Edited by DMarkwick

Resting the weapon in windows of some OA houses can cause a little FPS hickup, for example. Hopefully we can resolve it before the first stable release.

Xeno

My own tests showed that weapon rest never delayed during "empty" missions, but always delayed during busy missions. These tests used the same surface, a low wall.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Hmm I can't even get it to work once in this OA version of ACE2. It worked fine in ArmA II vanilla.

I've gotten it to work in OA, although I have to say that I use the Chernarus map. I don't suggest that's the issue, just saying :)

Maybe it has something to do with OUTDATED: USERCONFIG/ACE/AEC_CLIENTSIDE_CONFIG.HPP :rolleyes:

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Xeno

Nice to hear that is been worked, because in some cases it spends 1-2 seconds freezed and it may deploy or not... so its petry annoying. And its not only in OA house windows, for example on the roof of the villa in Zargabad(NE of the town) you will have this issue.

A theory about busy missions and weapons rest. There are now so many Finite State Machine scripts running in ACE2 that a busy mission could very well stall out the game schedulers. That could be the cause of this problem, stamina issues, g-force effects randomly kicking in, etc.

A theory about busy missions and weapons rest. There are now so many Finite State Machine scripts running in ACE2 that a busy mission could very well stall out the game schedulers. That could be the cause of this problem, stamina issues, g-force effects randomly kicking in, etc.

I don't think so, otherwise it would have been the same in ACE 1.3 for A2 only and since then the weapon rest feature hasn't changed.

Maybe it is related to the default weapon rest keys which also trigger ArmA related things (high command or whatever) which causes performance problems now in OA. Maybe it is related to the helper objects that are created to check the surrounding of the weapon.

Nevertheless, it will be resolved sooner or later :)

And as you know EE, we have invested countless hours into resolving performance issues and optimizing ACE in every little corner.

Btw, thanks to Nou and Jaynus we now have a system in CBA that garantuees script execution in every single frame (not yet used).

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Btw, thanks to Nou and Jaynus we now have a system in CBA that garantuees script execution in every single frame (not yet used).

Sounds nifty. Can't wait 'till that's implemented in the mod.

hi guys

I notice a little problem with the m240 infact it is a MAG58

MAG58

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6264/mag58.jpg

M240

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9697/medgallery31751113808.jpg

So could you give us a true m240 and preferably the M240 in a compact

thx

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/556/42766704619b889524b6b.jpg

I notice a little problem with the m240 infact it is a MAG58

It's not. The M240 in-game is an M240G, visually identical to the gun in your MAG-58 picture.

An M240B would perhaps be more thematically approperiate for the Army, but BI didn't bother about that, and I don't see why ACE should either. (Ofc. if a good model is presented for use, I'm not saying it would be rejected.)

Maybe it has something to do with OUTDATED: USERCONFIG/ACE/AEC_CLIENTSIDE_CONFIG.HPP :rolleyes:

(Ignore the mission selection screen)

Test.jpg

EDIT: I don't really know why I posted this picture here... you can delete this post if you'd like.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar