Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

Hi ,

Weight calculation for BIS backpacks
, does it work also on custom backpacks with dependance on BIS ruck classes ?

thanks alot !

Is there another option to download the new content besides Six Updater? It's great for updating the ACE install because usually it's just a bunch of small files, but I can't get the large stuff reliably. I'm in Iraq, and the internet in my room is very slow, but I can go to the MWR and download large files to my thumb drive.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait until 1.5 stable is out, then you can get it from Armaholic or various other mirrors. For now it's only thru SIX and YAS.

Will Yoma Addon Sync save partially downloaded files? That will work if that's the case, I can leave it on while I'm on mission or asleep. The Six Updater loses its progress on any given file during the frequent internet outages here.

OK, I've got a Six Updater problem now which I can't sort out. I cannot use the GUI version of Six Updater. It does not work, and has never worked. Which files do I modify and how so in order to enable the ACE_RU and ACE_USNAVY sections of ACE to be downloaded using the console updater?

EDIT: Never mind. The GUI system decided to finally work for me.

Edited by RAKtheUndead

How can I disable the blackout effect in the airplanes?

Thats so unbelievable annoying. It´s not possible to fly anymore cause the whole

Screen is black. It´s to sensitive!

I use the air units. No empty ones.

So there are pilots in the Jets.

Help anyone? :j:

Can someone help me please, got this error:

Unbenannt598bf821jpg.jpg

What i did?

- Downloaded the updater

- Install it (next,next,next and so on...^^)

- Started it

Hope someone can help me :)

Will Yoma Addon Sync save partially downloaded files? That will work if that's the case, I can leave it on while I'm on mission or asleep. The Six Updater loses its progress on any given file during the frequent internet outages here.

It will try to resume files if you retry download within 24hours.

Thanks Yoma, I'd actually started yesterday, and managed to finish the RU pack, and I've got 8 or so more files in the US Navy pack as of this morning! Gotta love this slow as shit internet. Can't complain too much, at least I've got ANY internet, considering where I am! :) But the Yoma Addon Sync turned out to be exactly what I needed over here, so kudos on the nice piece of software.

Is anybody else getting errors with the BRDM and BMD pack? The BRDM model seems to be missing and crashes the game, and the BMD's seem unfinished, with missing cannon sounds. Also, the BMD-1 is missing the interior graphics.

Is anybody else getting errors with the BRDM and BMD pack? The BRDM model seems to be missing and crashes the game, and the BMD's seem unfinished, with missing cannon sounds. Also, the BMD-1 is missing the interior graphics.

A few of those issues have been fixed.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13625#change-65901

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13624#change-65900

Please report any others @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

hey can someone please tell me how i download something else via six? i have ACE, when ever i try to install USNavy, or something else from it, it just comes up this stuff in CMD and says press enter to exit, it doesnt install anything else :confused:

Open up the six updater GUI, then click the "Edit Preset" button next to the preset box

On the page that opens, click or start typing the mod you want to use into the "Mods" box; this will open up a drop down list where you can select mods to add to your list

Once you've got all the ones you want, just click update at the bottom, click the 'main' link to go back to the main page, then run Install and Update as normal

Open up the six updater GUI, then click the "Edit Preset" button next to the preset box

On the page that opens, click or start typing the mod you want to use into the "Mods" box; this will open up a drop down list where you can select mods to add to your list

Once you've got all the ones you want, just click update at the bottom, click the 'main' link to go back to the main page, then run Install and Update as normal

it said it was tagged as disabled in config file or something file?

I have a question, if I download ACE from YomaAddonSync, will it be up to date with the latest version?

The way Yoma runs it should be ok.

Earplugs and stuff are now activated via 'right application key' and no longer at the action menu.

KeyboardApplicationKey.jpg

I have a question, if I download ACE from YomaAddonSync, will it be up to date with the latest version?

Yes. There's a little lag between the release announcement by the devs and the time it gets on Yoma's but it's pretty damn quick.

You don't download anything from Yoma's AddonSync, its an application that when setup, downloads the files from an online mirror. It depends on which mirror You've Yoma set to download from

Seems like a daft question, even to me, but since this new update I started a new map (I got annoyed trying to rework an old ACE version) but now I can't use Goggles/Masks or enable EASA or Wounds System in my mission.

It's weird coz I know how to set it all up but for whatever reason when I run my mission, on Preview/Local/Dedicated equally, these functions aren't available.

They don't show errors either and I'm clueless as to where I'm going wrong :(

Oh, I forgot the question, why? xD

EDIT: After a great deal of trial and error, I found that if you take some of the new OA/BAF objects, and name them or put stuff into their init fields, it can sometimes stop ACE Modules/Features from working.

Edited by Nemorz

Im afraid the spotting scope still doesn't work even when I hit Num 0. Is it something to do with me changing the controls of NUM 0 do you think?

Edited by Meester