Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

I'm having a problem with sixupdater. I'm getting a out of date config error so i deleted the old ace config folder and ran the updater. It replaced the config, but I'm still getting the out of date config error. Any help would be awesome on this. I'm running CO with latest beta.

I'm having a problem with sixupdater. I'm getting a out of date config error so i deleted the old ace config folder and ran the updater. It replaced the config, but I'm still getting the out of date config error. Any help would be awesome on this. I'm running CO with latest beta.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1740351&postcount=1383

The latest update didn't include V5 of the clientside_config.

okay so iv searched this thread and i havent really found what im looking for so...

can some one explain what the modules do and how they work

Which ones are you confused by? Most have self-explanatory names.

Does any1 have a good Yoma link? I'm currently using Kellys Heroes to download ACE. Is that ok? How do I check my ACE version?

I've been using KH since day one and it has always worked like a charm, so I wouldn't worry dunnobe. :)

The version number is usually the bottom left number on the screen when you startup ArmA, I think.

ok, so i updated everything, even got six-updater to work, and now i get the correct equip menu, but now it has generated a new problem:

even though my name in the .hpp is a direct paste from in-game, so there is absolutely nothing wrong with it at all, the game does not put the earplugs in my gear at the start of a mission.

this is during a user made campaign designed to be used with ACE2, which always used to give me earplugs before i updated, i just had no way of putting them on before.

in addition, every time the game starts up or i try and resume a mission it says it couldn't find "ace_module_easa" any idea what that is or where it comes from?

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

so i did some digging, and tried to use the earplugs in the armoury as a selected weapon, however when it tried to load the scene it came up with an error saying that it couldn't find some cfg file in the binaries folder, and wouldn't show the error any more than that one time, so i don't know the exact address it was looking at.

I'm guessing this is the issue, the question is how do i fix it?

i have run six-updater about 4 times with various settings to force all the ace related files to be updated, and nothing has worked, even though the ace files have all been updated fully.

Make sure that the character that you are playing as for that campaign's name is the same name as your profile, and is the same name used in the .hpp file.

Some camapaings make the characters name match whatever your profile is, while others simply assign you a character name. On the latter you will have to create a new profile with the name that matches that character, if you want the goggles feature to work.

In the latest version ACE, if select M110 sniper in the US Special weapon box, then there is a error message seems missing paa file.

Yo I dont suppose anyone from Kellys Heroes is around? I just started playing A2 again & I just bought OA, I'd like to download the ACE version via Yoma Addon Sync. Could I possibly have the HTML & or info to add it to my server? Please & thanks

hey guys , need a spot of help?

seems that my apache along with the laser designator to my 30mm is not ranging the target from about + 1200 meters i have to aim the cross hair way above the target although i am given the range by the fcs. , a.k.a arma 1 + 2 before ace 2. is there any way i can fix this?, as i am sure the old arma 2 ace you could shoot to going on 3000m before you had to aim above the target.

Any help is kindly appreciated.

Lasers don't have drop off like bullets there linear they never drop off?.

my point exactly, so why are they (30mm bullets) falling greatly off the laser target

I can deploy the spotting scope, get in it but I cannot access the optics using / [NUM].

Has it been disabled for this version or am I pressing the wrong button?

well im confused with the "requries ace2" well mostly that cause i cant think of the others on the top of my head

"Requires ACE2" forces ACE dependency on the mission. So if you want people trying to play the mission to be running ACE then place that module.

ohh... what do "csw for ai" and "artelliry" do

and why donsnt the arrest action work and the mask/gear thing work

Edited by zeroxox2

where do you get this six updater thing?

the way a dude on TS is explaining six updater, i dont know if i even wanna look at it

You can get it here: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/six-arma-updater

Now I have a big problem I have installed the Six Updater Suite's latest version which is v0.24.3 and I get this error when trying to install/execute ACE update/install.

wtf-5.jpg

So er how do I set a folder/target for ARMA 2 ? And shouldn't it auto detect both games... :(

I have arma 2 on legit copy DVD version and OA on steam (+BAF DLC).

Thanks,

XeqtR

Someone was just having this same problem a few weeks back. I wish I could remember the name and I don't remember seeing if he found a solution.

Did you try uninstalling the Updater?

Yes I uninstalled updater, the game, run a cache cleaner everything.. no luck it just doesn't want to find arma 2 oa's directory for some reason :/

Yes I uninstalled updater, the game, run a cache cleaner everything.. no luck it just doesn't want to find arma 2 oa's directory for some reason :/

configuration-->settings

Edit the Path of A2 OA Any (autodetect) and any other you want to use, and enter there your path to the game, for example:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

Press update, and go to the main section of the updater again.

configuration-->settings

Edit the Path of A2 OA Any (autodetect) and any other you want to use, and enter there your path to the game, for example:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

Press update, and go to the main section of the updater again.

I did as you said and then when I click Execute it says this:

wtf2.png

:confused:

ACE 1.5 RC5 available on SIX Updater network

Changelog:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_5_RC5

A first version of ACEX_RU and ACEX_USNAVY is now available so the download is a little bit larger than normal :)

Please note that you need CO for ACEX_RU und ACEX_USNAVY.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno