Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

I havent delved to much into the recent encarnation of ace for OA, but I have to say just the simple things like heavy gunner fx, earplugs, ear ring etc are such a nice touch (all though I realise nothing bran new).

The latest things like stance indicator are great, could it be managed via config on/off only, without then also having to enabled with a module? Could map tools also be config switched other than init line based?

Also the weapon switching with F/Shift f ... i mean, these things should have been harcoded via BIS from the outset, so much better to handle.

Its a shame that some of these little things are ace dependant becuase they are so usefull to have simply by themselves, very nice features.

I know it will never happen but some of the ace "little things" would be nice to have as an ACE_LIGHT package of modular PBO's. Not saying i wont use ACE but just a thought.

Edited by mrcash2009

If anyone was to ever make an ACE lite version, it would just result in endless arguing as for what should be and what shouldn't be in it, and nobody would ever agree on anything unless you play in a very small group. Therefore unfortunately I don't see much point in such a thing even if someone does have the time to put in to make it.

I know it will never happen
An important part of my post, and knowing this thread I pre empted it :)

I pretty much never feedback or post here anymore for ACE becuase it is a bit like a lions den in many ways :) I just take what comes with updates and say nothing as much as possible. Having said that these few very small features that have arrived are very nice.

Edited by mrcash2009

Is it possible in ACE to lift a AH-64 Apache with the Chinook? I tried it and i didnt succeed. Is it simply not possible to transport any Aircrafts?

Thanks

How can I disable the blackout effect in the airplanes?

Thats so unbelievable annoying. It´s not possible to fly anymore cause the whole

Screen is black. It´s to sensitive!

use a pilot class for flying, instead of a normal rifleman.

I havent delved to much into the recent encarnation of ace for OA, but I have to say just the simple things like heavy gunner fx, earplugs, ear ring etc are such a nice touch (all though I realise nothing bran new).

The latest things like stance indicator are great, could it be managed via config on/off only, without then also having to enabled with a module? Could map tools also be config switched other than init line based?

Also the weapon switching with F/Shift f ... i mean, these things should have been harcoded via BIS from the outset, so much better to handle.

Its a shame that some of these little things are ace dependant becuase they are so usefull to have simply by themselves, very nice features.

I know it will never happen but some of the ace "little things" would be nice to have as an ACE_LIGHT package of modular PBO's. Not saying i wont use ACE but just a thought.

Yeah I made a ticket for an always on Option for the stance indicator, And the fanboys (that cant read) are shooting it down (I guess they don't like Options).

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13497

Edited by Jonn

Well yes i did have a look at your ticket, the way that unfolds is "exhibit A" of why I dont try. :)

can anybody tell me how to use the mil dots of the rifles (Shift+V) to adjust it with mouse wheel or something instead of typing the numbers please?

anyone knows?

Can someone with BAF try to place an IED on the ground from an Explosives Stash and tell me if they have the same problem as me. It's not possible to place them if they are in the inventory.

Here's my ticket at DH but I'd like to get a confirmation as well:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13541

I'm using the latest ACE2 build and tried both the most recent OA patch and the beta.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

anyone knows?

Isn't the ACE2 version disabled for now? I didn't know it is possible to use it with such a set-up.

did ACE change the names of the Arty shells. The R3f ARty system doesnt work now since the last update of ACE to 391.

What do this errors mean?

Cannot use magazine 30Rnd_556x45_G36 in muzzle NVGoggles

Cannot use magazine ACE_Battery_Rangefinder in muzzle HandGrenade_Stone

Cannot use magazine HandGrenade_West in muzzle SmokeShellMuzzle

Cannot use magazine SmokeShellRed in muzzle IRStrobe

Cannot use magazine IR_Strobe_Target in muzzle ACE_SmokeShellMuzzle_RU

Cannot use magazine 100Rnd_556x45_BetaCMag in muzzle NVGoggles

Cannot use magazine 30Rnd_556x45_G36 in muzzle NVGoggles

And what can be causing them?

Thank you!

It seems like the auto rotation feature for helicopters has been removed in the latest versions, was it removed for fixes to be added back in future updates?

okay so iv searched this thread and i havent really found what im looking for so...

can some one explain what the modules do and how they work

OMG I feel like I am beating my head against a wall trying to use six updater. I have been getting an error forever using ACE saying that I have an out of date ACE Keys.HPP file and ACE User Clientside.hpp file. So I decide I will use sixupdater to "process user configs" thinking this should take care of it. But after an hour of clicking on everything I could possible think of in six updater in going in a thousand circles I am about to throw in the towl.

I can add the action "process user configs" to the preset I am using but...

THERE IS NO WAY TO REMOVE THE DEFAULT OVERRIDE ACTION "INSTALL OR UPDATE"

It is driving me absolutely nuts. Is there anyway to get a direct download of ACE 1.5 yet or are we still stuck using Six Updater?

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

LOL, it just get more rediculous. I finnaly get the "install or update" overide action removed by blind luck, and am able to run the updater using the "process userconfigs action" but Six Updater only update one of the 2 files which are out of date according to the in game error message.

Why not use one of the Yoma server mirrors, like KH or something? Works like a charm. Super fast and you don't have to worry about fiddling with settings and stuff just to get a download? ;)

Okay, figured it out. Once I finnaly got six updater to run, it did update both files. I was looking at the wrong directory the first time. (I two different installations on different drives)

Ok i think i found a big bug, STRYKERS & M1A1's are indestructible (still testing more Armor), The Javelin is not even scratching the paint lol.

Can someone confirm so we can make a ticket ?

Thanks

Raise a ticket about it at http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2. I've confirmed that the strykers are unharmed by AP shells, but if the Javelin is a problem to then you should add to my ticket called "stryker armour" under bugs.

Make sure you're above the minimum range of the javelin (iirc 80m in OA, used to be like 250m in vanilla), or use a different AT weapon. In Arma 2 if target is below minimum range, instead of missing the target, the missile simply explodes prematurely doing little to no damage.

Of course if that wasn't the issue then a ticket is probably needed ;)

Can some one help me find the class list for the 417's. I cant find them on developer heaven.

Can some one help me find the class list for the 417's. I cant find them on developer heaven.

ACE_HK417_Shortdot

ACE_HK417_micro

ACE_HK417_leupold

Meh never mind. Should have searched first :P

Edited by Meester