Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

I wish the rate of updates would be turned down(perhaps once a month) as the changes every week doesn't seem so significant.

I mean this in a good way, we're glad to get whatever we can get.

Edited by sparks50

is there not a normal DL that people can get? this way of geting the mod is alot of hassle im sure it turns people off from geting it.

Not until the Stable release. Then it will be available like any other mod.

I wish the rate of updates would be turned down(perhaps once a month) as the changes every week doesn't seem so significant.

I mean this in a good way, we're glad to get whatever we can get.

It used to be 3 times per week :p

It's updated often because it's a beta.

If wounds medic only is enabled it is now possible to make other units to medics (factions without medic) by putting this setVariable ["ace_w_ismedic",true] into the unit init line, refs #12971 [Xeno]

This is one of the best options ever!!!!!!! Thanks ACE Team. Now I have doctors. ..

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

do the map tools work with the new version? My J, H keys dont seem to bring anything up.

Every time I start Arma2:CO (Vanilla + OA)

I get this error:

Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found

I tried it with CBA, CBA_CO_, CBA + CBA_CO.

Nothing works.

I downloaded CBA via Addon Sync and from Armaholic.

It doenst matter from which source I get it. Can´t start the game without the error message.

Sure the game works fine with ACE_PLA + ACE_SM.

But it´s not possible to start it with ACE + ACE_X.

I have done search trying to find out how to use wirecutter but no luck.

I have used removeAllWeapons player; this Addweapon "ACE_Wirecutter" and see the player carrying it but I do not have any addaction when near a fence. Could someone clairfy how to use?

Thanks.

I have done search trying to find out how to use wirecutter but no luck.

I have used removeAllWeapons player; this Addweapon "ACE_Wirecutter" and see the player carrying it but I do not have any addaction when near a fence. Could someone clairfy how to use?

Thanks.

Hi CaptainBravo,

First, make sure that you have put your main weapon "On back" so you stand with the wire cutter in your hands. Then stand/crouch close to the fence and hit the Self_Interaction_Menu key and choose "Cut wire". If you are in a position to cut the wire, a bar will appear in the upper left corner of the screen showing you the cutting progress. If you get the msg "No fence!" try to move around a bit still facing the fence and hit "Cut wire" again in the Self_Interaction_Menu.

Hi CaptainBravo,

First, make sure that you have put your main weapon "On back" so you stand with the wire cutter in your hands. Then stand/crouch close to the fence and hit the Self_Interaction_Menu key and choose "Cut wire". If you are in a position to cut the wire, a bar will appear in the upper left corner of the screen showing you the cutting progress. If you get the msg "No fence!" try to move around a bit still facing the fence and hit "Cut wire" again in the Self_Interaction_Menu.

Still no luck. Nothing comes up. As basic as this should be I find it complicated! :(

Any chance of a sample mission of a guy with a wirecutter running around? :)

Still no luck. Nothing comes up. As basic as this should be I find it complicated! :(

Any chance of a sample mission of a guy with a wirecutter running around? :)

Try this very small test mission with a guy carrying nothing but a wirecutter. The mission is made on Utes using Combined Ops. and A.C.E. v.1.5.0.388.

Download ACE wirecutter test mission

Thanks CoolFire. Still cannot get wirecutter to work. No options at all come up for cutting so the issue must in the command somewhere.

Do you have your keys reconfigured?

Thanks CoolFire. Still cannot get wirecutter to work. No options at all come up for cutting so the issue must in the command somewhere.

You are hitting the self-interaction key right? Dumb question I know but just want to make sure?

You are hitting the self-interaction key right? Dumb question I know but just want to make sure?

Ahhh .. not sure where is the self-interaction key?? :o

Nope, all my A.C.E. keys are set to their default keys.

Did you remember to edit the ace_clientside_config.hpp file in the userconfig folder before loading the game?

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/
class Identity {
name = "your player nick";
};

By me the self-interaction key is set to the application key (key to the right of the right Windows key). Check the ace_keys.hpp in the userconfig folder for your ACE keys settings.

Edited by CoolFire

The option to use the wirecutters wont appear in the action menu. You need to hit the App key(right 0f the space bar), if you don't have one go into ace_keys.hpp and change the self-interaction key to a different key.

Good luck.

Thanks guys! I got it working finally. The issue as you mentioned, I was signed on under a different ptofile name which I guess did not have the settings.

It works now perfectly. However if you have a weapon and switch to it, the weapon does not change. Is there a trick to put wirecutter in your hands?

Thanks guys! I got it working finally. The issue as you mentioned, I was signed on under a different ptofile name which I guess did not have the settings.

It works now perfectly. However if you have a weapon and switch to it, the weapon does not change. Is there a trick to put wirecutter in your hands?

Bring up the Gear menu and click "In hands" or "On back" to toggle between the primary weapon and the wirecutter. That should do the trick :)

My Ace/vanilla ruck sacks wont work :(

Ok, well that's too bad. Never had a problem here. I know for a fact they work just fine.

Boy don't you just love posts that offer no info and expect help? How about some info from you, i.e., what version of ACE2 do you use, are you running other mods, have you searched this thread to see if there's a reason/answer existing(there is I bet), are you using the proper set-up in missions, what do you mean by "doesn't work"?

You're lucky someone took the time to even provide any help, normally posts like that are ignored.

Ok, well that's too bad. Never had a problem here. I know for a fact they work just fine.

Boy don't you just love posts that offer no info and expect help? How about some info from you, i.e., what version of ACE2 do you use, are you running other mods, have you searched this thread to see if there's a reason/answer existing(there is I bet), are you using the proper set-up in missions, what do you mean by "doesn't work"?

You're lucky someone took the time to even provide any help, normally posts like that are ignored.

well i have the latest version the only other mods i have are the USSOCOM and the beta thingy mabob map packs and i mean by they don't work is that they DON'T WORK (cant pack anything)

Edited by Hitman Two Five

Hi masters of ACE (for OA),

I want to know, if is possible retrieve the objects of ACE's backpack after accidental disconnection from server? how?

Best Regards!!

How do I download this mod? ive got the Six Updater installed but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to download it. thanks in advance. I really want this mod:yay:

How do I download this mod? ive got the Six Updater installed but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to download it. thanks in advance. I really want this mod:yay:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Installation

Ongoing Development

1. Install the Six Updater (if not already done)
  2. Start the 'Six Updater - GUI', this will open a web interface after a few seconds. If not browse to http://127.0.0.1:16333/main
  3. Ensure that the 'A.C.E. Mod (Vanilla)' preset is selected. (Click inside the preset field, and select it)
  4. Click 'Execute'.

(Or choose a different preset depending on your game version)

What the difference between _S and _SB magazine classes and Ammo?

Example

Magazine // Magazine Class name // Ammo

20Rnd. M110 /// ACE_20Rnd_762x51_S_M110 /// ACE_B_762x51_SB_S

20Rnd. M110 /// ACE_20Rnd_762x51_SB_M110 /// B_762x51_noTracer

Edited by _S2_

For ACE magazines SB means Special Ball, I think. It's basically a slightly slower, but heavier, bullet that does more damage, especially at range.

What the difference between _S and _SB magazine classes and Ammo?

Example

Magazine // Magazine Class name // Ammo

20Rnd. M110 /// ACE_20Rnd_762x51_S_M110 /// ACE_B_762x51_SB_S

20Rnd. M110 /// ACE_20Rnd_762x51_SB_M110 /// B_762x51_noTracer

In this example it's the same ammo, only ACE_B_762x51_SB_S is suppressed for AI. The suppressed mag will be automatically used if player is using suppressed M110. Further info: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Magazines_System