Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

you seem to be forgetting things like suppressive fire.....I can assure you I have been in plenty contacts here in Iraq and when you have incoming rounds to be cool headed and take out an enemy using 1-3 rounds is Hollywood shit ....

In a rolling 5km contact, with FP's between 200-600 m's I personally expended 500 rounds on a PKM, a further 60 on my M21 and between our call sign we expended close to 5000 rounds in less than 30 minutes ......hits claimed? 2!!!! That's only on one contact...

Not all enemy combatants have been trained by CAG/DEVGRU in the art of marksmanship, the AK is not known for its accuracy over 300m's either, crap ammo causes stoppages etc as well.....

A mate of mine took 5 AK rounds from a drive by and he lived, he's missing one bollock, but he lived ;)

While most do realize that it shouldn't be possible, the problem is how to actually achieve it in the game. You don't want to jerk everyone's weapons like crazy every time a round flies by them, or blind them like in PR:BF2.

I think a good starting position would be to make the AI more scary. Right now they miss too much in comparison to players. If their miss rate is realistic when compared to RL, at least player accuracy should be reduced to also match RL and vice-versa. If players and AI have same accuracy then it'll be much much scarier to go toe-to-toe with them, and if they're far enough to miss you then you'll be far enough to miss them as well, making it not a very good idea to stand up or lay down in the open and shoot back.

While ACE increases weapon sway, it simply doesn't increase it enough. It's still way too easy to put your sights on targets at 300m when standing even with the heaviest weapons where it should obviously not even be possible IRL. Implementing more realistic weapon sway will probably also reduce the need for the (what seems to be) higher-than-RL dispersion on some weapons (mostly 5.56 weapons but not only), which I suppose is there to reduce accuracy to more realistic levels as well?

In any case, more realistic aiming will result in more realistic firefights, naturally. If that's not enough is a different discussion, but it's a good place to start.

Of course there are also game modes that simply don't focus too much about making you want to stay alive, but there's nothing ACE can do about that.

since you switched to the 45rnd mags on the RPK's, you should give the auto riflemen more mags. they only have 4 as it stands and 180 rounds isnt a lot of supressive fire. also, can you put the earplugs back in the gunner's inventories. I keep going deaf:j:.

First, try updating to the latest builds of everything.

If that still fails, file a ticket for the ACE devs @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/wiki

You'll need to include your RPT, which is ArmA's error log basically

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RPT

ok, so i updated everything, even got six-updater to work, and now i get the correct equip menu, but now it has generated a new problem:

even though my name in the .hpp is a direct paste from in-game, so there is absolutely nothing wrong with it at all, the game does not put the earplugs in my gear at the start of a mission.

this is during a user made campaign designed to be used with ACE2, which always used to give me earplugs before i updated, i just had no way of putting them on before.

in addition, every time the game starts up or i try and resume a mission it says it couldn't find "ace_module_easa" any idea what that is or where it comes from?

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

so i did some digging, and tried to use the earplugs in the armoury as a selected weapon, however when it tried to load the scene it came up with an error saying that it couldn't find some cfg file in the binaries folder, and wouldn't show the error any more than that one time, so i don't know the exact address it was looking at.

I'm guessing this is the issue, the question is how do i fix it?

i have run six-updater about 4 times with various settings to force all the ace related files to be updated, and nothing has worked, even though the ace files have all been updated fully.

hello people,

Im running ace 2 on just A2 (i have OA standalone but i cant even run it without crashing) and i have a question, i want to turn wind drift off in the mission editor, i set it to 0 in the config file but it still appears to be active, is the editor considered MP and over rides it? i also set BDC to 0 just out of curiosity and the menu that appears looks the same as before (it says something about angular units when set to 0 in config file) any idea how to work around this?

oh yeah, i read a post some wheres about using something like [setwind 0,0]true or something like that to disable wind, where would this go?

thanks,

ghost

hello people,

Im running ace 2 on just A2 (i have OA standalone but i cant even run it without crashing) and i have a question, i want to turn wind drift off in the mission editor, i set it to 0 in the config file but it still appears to be active, is the editor considered MP and over rides it? i also set BDC to 0 just out of curiosity and the menu that appears looks the same as before (it says something about angular units when set to 0 in config file) any idea how to work around this?

oh yeah, i read a post some wheres about using something like [setwind 0,0]true or something like that to disable wind, where would this go?

thanks,

ghost

Perhaps you're mistaking the weapons dispersion or ballistics for wind drift? Bullets won't go exactly where you're aiming.

As for setWind, I believe you would put it in the init.sqf if you're making a mission.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setWind

@Neo_Prophet

Please make a ticket with repro steps and RPT. Thanks

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

Perhaps you're mistaking the weapons dispersion or ballistics for wind drift? Bullets won't go exactly where you're aiming.

As for setWind, I believe you would put it in the init.sqf if you're making a mission.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setWind

@Neo_Prophet

Please make a ticket with repro steps and RPT. Thanks

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

maybe, but they seem to still pull quite far to the left or right (usually around 1 to 2 mils left or right), and sometimes drop pretty low (this could be due to the fact i was firing at an angle though) or high. they also are pretty inconsistent in the direction they pull, it could be far right 1st shot, on target for the 2nd, and far left for the 3rd

edit: they also dont move directly L or R sometimes they go upper left, upper right, etc

edit2: there isnt usually much of a difference if i leave the windage at 0 or 1 vs what it says on the range card (are you just supposed to take the crosswind reading? or both? i usually just take the cross)

Edited by ghostnineone

Hey Guys,

Could anybody help me out with this? Now I'm no Computer wiz so stick with the simplicity on this please... I've installed the A.C.E Mod and now when I try and play ArmA II it brings up the Message "Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found" and I've tried to fix it but I feel I'm only making things worse. Therefore, I stopped and went to ask around here.

Also, Six-Updater won't bring up the Web Browser...

Thanks

-Hitman

Are you actually running CBA? Or just ACE? You need to run CBA, ACE, ACEX and ACEX_SM, and if you're using OA standalone you also need CBA_OA.

I'm Running Everything... @CBA_A2, @ACE, @ACEX, and @ACEX_SM... I have that problem figured out now, but now when I start it up it says:

"Addon 'acex_sm_main' requires addon 'CBA_MAIN'"

I checked and I have both those files but I don't get what it means... again I'm not good with computers but anyway, ArmA II Runs now but whenever I play (For Example when I was testing it on Mission Editor) it says something about not having the CBA File (When I have @CBA_A2) and to install it and restart ArmA II, yet I can still play the game, I'm just happy I got ArmA II running though.

I'm Running Everything... @CBA_A2, @ACE, @ACEX, and @ACEX_SM... I have that problem figured out now, but now when I start it up it says:

"Addon 'acex_sm_main' requires addon 'CBA_MAIN'"

I checked and I have both those files but I don't get what it means... again I'm not good with computers but anyway, ArmA II Runs now but whenever I play (For Example when I was testing it on Mission Editor) it says something about not having the CBA File (When I have @CBA_A2) and to install it and restart ArmA II, yet I can still play the game, I'm just happy I got ArmA II running though.

Depending on which version of Arma 2 you are running, you will need different CBA folders activated, as I explained here. Also, ensure that all your components (ACEX_SM etc) are updated. (v1.3 for Arma 2 or thru SIX updater for OA).

running Arma 2 only -> @CBA_A2

running Arrowhead only -> @CBA_OA

running Combined Ops -> @CBA

Yeah, It's working perfectly fine now, Thanks for the Help guys!

(Downloading @CBA did the trick :P)

I think the following is correct:

running ARMA 2 only: @CBA and @CBA_A2

running Operation Arrowhead only: @CBA and @CBA_OA

running Combined Operations: @CBA

Yes, you're right Dragon, I should have clarified :o

You will always need at least the @CBA folder, no matter what. It's only if you're running standalone A2 or OA that you need an additional folder.

No matter which type of ArmA 2 installation you have, you need the @CBA mod folder loaded.

• If you use ArmA 2: Combined Operations, that's all you need - load just the @CBA mod folder.
  • If you have only Operation Arrowhead without ArmA 2 original, you are required to also use @CBA_OA mod folder.
  • If you have only ArmA 2 (Standalone, original), you are required to also use @CBA_A2 mod folder.

Hey guys i'm having trouble with my Rucksack when i click on a magazine or anything and i have a ruck the pack button doesn't light up, hence i cant use my back pack, i saw something about it to do with the stamina but on servers when i have loads of weight and i run i black out so i guess its nothing to do with stamina.. plz help

Hey guys i'm having trouble with my Rucksack when i click on a magazine or anything and i have a ruck the pack button doesn't light up, hence i cant use my back pack, i saw something about it to do with the stamina but on servers when i have loads of weight and i run i black out so i guess its nothing to do with stamina.. plz help

Are you using the ACE backpacks/rucksacks or the BIS ones ?

BIS backpacks are currently not supported because there's no official patch available yet with the new scripting commands to read the BIS backpack content.

Xeno

I asked in mando missile mod as well, but it suddenly struck me it might be sutable to ask here as well, the Gunzeroing on the AH64 longbow, how do i adjust it, not shure what changed it if its the Mando or Ace mod :S

BIS backpacks are currently not supported because there's no official patch available yet with the new scripting commands to read the BIS backpack content.

Xeno

Does that mean BIS backpacks will be supported when 1.53 official comes out? I assume that's why there was a big fuss over those new commands in the beta patch.

[72701] New: getWeaponCargo, getMagazineCargo, getBackpackCargo script commands

Are you using the ACE backpacks/rucksacks or the BIS ones ?

Xeno

using ACE rucks

Does that mean BIS backpacks will be supported when 1.53 official comes out? I assume that's why there was a big fuss over those new commands in the beta patch.

Maybe.... At least the right guy listened to us and the commands are available now :)

using ACE rucks

Hm, did you use any other addons/mods beside ACE and what OA version (1.52 or a beta patch) ???

Xeno

is there any way to edit a weapons dispersion rate, and disable wind completely? im trying to figure out how to make my shots guaranteed hits 99% of the time without sacrificing the elevation adjustments

(i tried unpboing and then editing the bin file but its all messed up looking, and weapon data is contained in its own cfg file right? which is inside the bin?)