Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

It's in the Self-Interaction menu
or the "equipment/player" menu

it isn't there, at least that's what the app key brings up for me, the one with "rest weapon" and "check wind" right? so unless there is a 3rd menu or a second app key...

KmXGr.jpg

Should look like that. :eh:

yeah i don't get that all, just "bipod/rest weapon" and "wind direction"

Is it possible to allow my player to wear the gasmask when I go preview my edit?

Also, how can I add more items into the game(not in my profile), like the black shades, reading glasses etc.

add this command in ammo crate

this addweaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesTactical", 5];

this addweaponCargo ["ACE_Earplugs", 5];

this addweaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesLHD_glasses", 5];

this addweaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesGasMask_US", 5];

this addweaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesBalaklava", 5];

etc..

Did you set your identity?

Open up ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp and look for the section that starts with: CONFIG SETTING FOR: ACE 2 MOD - Changeable glasses ingame

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/
class Identity {
name = "[color="Red"]John Doe[/color]";
};

Change the John Doe to your in game player name and save the file.

Earplugs have to be in your inventory. You also need to edit ace_clientside_config.hpp with your in-game nick which is a file in your userconfig\ACE directory. For example mine is located at: E:\Bohemia Interactive\userconfig\ACE

Once you find the file open it with a text editor program like notepad and edit line 121 with your in-game nick.

ace_edit.jpg

I understand the concept, but it would still be nice if the actual NV button would switch between different optic types, while the zoom in/out would switch between zooms. That way accidentally clicking the zoom in/out button too much won't put you in an optic you obviously didn't intend to use.

In any case, it's definitely nice to have more realistic optics :thumbsup:

It is not possible to change the reticle with the vision mode - that's the reason you must cycle through the different optics.

add this command in ammo crate

this addweaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesTactical", 5];

this addweaponCargo ["ACE_Earplugs", 5];

this addweaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesLHD_glasses", 5];

this addweaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesGasMask_US", 5];

this addweaponCargo ["ACE_GlassesBalaklava", 5];

etc..

But what about non-ACE items? Like the black shades. Aren't those already in the US special weapons crate? What about the other ACE gear? The russian GP5 gasmask or the beret?

Is there any way to make the AI more accurate? As it stands when they see an enemy they fire in almost every other direction but at the actual target they are attempting to hit. It's really absurd how completely inaccurate and wasteful of ammunition the AI can be at times.

For example in many instances with a couple AI attacking you if they are bunched together they will actually friendly fire each other since they are shooting like crazed lunatics in all directions. Automatic Rifleman and Machine Gunners are the worst because they have the most ammunition to waste before reload and will typically be responsible for these types of FF incidents.

I realize this was probably done to make firefights longer and/or more intense but in the end I think all it really does is make the AI less of a challenge compared to what they're capable of in stock ArmA 2/OA.

Based on my observations:

At 15-100m an enemy AI needs ~50 rounds to hit you.

At 15-300m an enemy AI needs 100-200 rounds to kill you.

At 400m+ distance an enemy AI will in most cases be unable to hit you.

That's probably an accurate assessment based on real life experience in combat ;) during the Falklands War in 1982 the rounds expended to kill ratio on the British side as approximately 8-10,000 round per kill.... I remember being on a course in Netheravon and a RM Officer was briefing us up about logistics in combat ..............

Yea nice calculations..hehe

No counting battlearea, cover, protective gear, caliber and so on..Right..

15-100m 50 rounds...LOL...Try 1 or at most 3...

Just wana thank, i managed to get everything to work now :) all i need now is preferebly someone to play with ;)

I also learn alot just by reading what yall talking about :) this scriptcommands etc. Dunno if ill ever manage to create a mission myself, but i atleast manage to get my playground to work :)

Btw, is there a list of compatible missions etc around somewhere? Or maybe i have missunderstod, and ace is compatible with everything?

It is not possible to change the reticle with the vision mode - that's the reason you must cycle through the different optics.

How about adding a new key replace that (and then default-bind it to the same as the no-longer-functioning-in-vehicles NV key)? Or is that impossible as well? :(

you seem to be forgetting things like suppressive fire.....I can assure you I have been in plenty contacts here in Iraq and when you have incoming rounds to be cool headed and take out an enemy using 1-3 rounds is Hollywood shit ....

In a rolling 5km contact, with FP's between 200-600 m's I personally expended 500 rounds on a PKM, a further 60 on my M21 and between our call sign we expended close to 5000 rounds in less than 30 minutes ......hits claimed? 2!!!! That's only on one contact...

Not all enemy combatants have been trained by CAG/DEVGRU in the art of marksmanship, the AK is not known for its accuracy over 300m's either, crap ammo causes stoppages etc as well.....

A mate of mine took 5 AK rounds from a drive by and he lived, he's missing one bollock, but he lived ;)

@Medic113

Basicly you can use ACE with any mission, but there is a chance that the mission wont work properly or the mission might become very hard and frustrating. :)

@Medic113

Basicly you can use ACE with any mission, but there is a chance that the mission wont work properly or the mission might become very hard and frustrating. :)

Ah, roger that m8 :) thnx :) frustrating can be a great thing :p if it means more realism :)

Well the main problem is that you won't have any ACE medical gear so good luck healing yourself/others ;)

It's best to look for missions designed for ACE, otherwise you're sure to encounter issues from time to time.

Did you set your identity?
Earplugs have to be in your inventory. You also need to edit ace_clientside_config.hpp
hey, I cant seem to get earplugs to work, I've double checked my profile name, and it is written correctly in the .hpp file.

I have earplugs in my gear, but there is no option to wear them, in either the action menu or the "equipment/player" menu, what's wrong?

yes, and it still doesn't work.

First, try updating to the latest builds of everything.

If that still fails, file a ticket for the ACE devs @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/wiki

You'll need to include your RPT, which is ArmA's error log basically

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RPT

i will do that, shame i cant get those auto updater's to work, off to armaholic ¬¬

Edited by Neo Prophet

Odd, I only see the tac glasses, gasmask, balacava and aviator glasses. What happen to the others?