Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

Maybe its only my problem, but when I throw smoke grenade and get closer to it in 3rd person, the camera just zoom in and I have to go away from the "smoke area" to get back to normal 3rd person view.

There's a reason behind it. An internal function spawns viewblock objects as soon as smoke comes out of a grenade.

Those viewblocks are invisible for the player (sadly they change the camera) but they block AI view.

Xeno

Oh, okay then, but does that mean that vanilla ArmA2:CO/OA does not block AI view with smoke grenade?

Oh, okay then, but does that mean that vanilla ArmA2:CO/OA does not block AI view with smoke grenade?

Would it make sense to spawn additional viewblock objects if vanilla smoke would block AI view ? :)

Xeno

Of course not, but I still thought the smoke is blocking AI view in vanilla Arma2. :D

A strange bug sometimes shows itself when changing rounds in the RPG7 PGO. Sometimes, the model is changing to the unscoped version :P

A strange bug sometimes shows itself when changing rounds in the RPG7 PGO. Sometimes, the model is changing to the unscoped version :P

And where do we post bugs so that the ACE2 devs actually see them and thus get them fixed?

Well if you don't know you better axe sumbody! ;)

Or just click here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

It may already be listed there. If not please make a ticket. It helps the devs immensely.

Take care.

the CROWS HMMV thermal view is buged it only can be used when the normal view zoom is 2x then you can active it.

PLS fix it

I think I've seen it before but it was rare so I thought I was just being crazy. No idea how to reproduce. I don't even remember when I've last seen this happen.

the CROWS HMMV thermal view is buged it only can be used when the normal view zoom is 2x then you can active it.

PLS fix it

Pretty sure it's a toggle, there's 4 states: Normal, Zoomed, Thermal Normal, Thermal Zoomed and pressing the zoom key will cycle through them in that order.

yeah but this suck i want zomm and enable thermal myself

I have to agree it's quite annoying to have the zoom key also toggle thermal. What's wrong with the NV key?

Where can I get Warfare for ACE 2 AO?

No idea. Check the example missions that come with the ACE2 DL or check the User Missions section of this forum. I bet there's one posted in one of the threads over there.

Good luck.

Hi all.

Im just getting in to ading mods etc. and i have started with ace2.

I have done all after best ability, but i have someishues, does someone know fix'es to: "Ace_c_ai_rof Requires: CAWeapons_ammoBoxes"

Second is displaied ingame: No entry: 'bin\config.bin/cfgvehicles/USBasicAmmunitionBox/TransportMagazines/_xx_M136.magazine

Tird but last problem is when i try to play the demo mission in SP for ACE2 i get CTD with message "Cant load World"

i have tried googeling the ishues, but no luck. so i hope someone can help me out here..

Ace version are btw:

•@ACE v1.3.0.373

•

@ACEX v1.3.0.252

Maybe wrong forum i notised as this is for the beta, but i hope ull bear with me.

CBA is also in place.

Sincerely

Medic113

PLS fix it

yeah but this suck i want zomm and enable thermal myself
I have to agree it's quite annoying to have the zoom key also toggle thermal. What's wrong with the NV key?

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Stepped_zoom_and_optic_modes_in_weapon_stations

Some vehicles have different optics for different vision modes, that's it. Reticles will be changed soon.

Pretty sure it's a toggle, there's 4 states: Normal, Zoomed, Thermal Normal, Thermal Zoomed and pressing the zoom key will cycle through them in that order.

Absolutely right.

Hi all.

Im just getting in to ading mods etc. and i have started with ace2.

I have done all after best ability, but i have someishues, does someone know fix'es to: "Ace_c_ai_rof Requires: CAWeapons_ammoBoxes"

Second is displaied ingame: No entry: 'bin\config.bin/cfgvehicles/USBasicAmmunitionBox/TransportMagazines/_xx_M136.magazine

Tird but last problem is when i try to play the demo mission in SP for ACE2 i get CTD with message "Cant load World"

i have tried googeling the ishues, but no luck. so i hope someone can help me out here..

Ace version are btw:

•@ACE v1.3.0.373

•

@ACEX v1.3.0.252

Maybe wrong forum i notised as this is for the beta, but i hope ull bear with me.

CBA is also in place.

Sincerely

Medic113

Try updating to the most recent ACE2/ACEX/CBA version.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Stepped_zoom_and_optic_modes_in_weapon_stations

Some vehicles have different optics for different vision modes, that's it. Reticles will be changed soon.

I understand the concept, but it would still be nice if the actual NV button would switch between different optic types, while the zoom in/out would switch between zooms. That way accidentally clicking the zoom in/out button too much won't put you in an optic you obviously didn't intend to use.

In any case, it's definitely nice to have more realistic optics :thumbsup:

Try updating to the most recent ACE2/ACEX/CBA version.

ok, im trying this six updaterthiny :)

Just hope im doing it right :) I moved the @files to backuplocation and pressed execute, it appears to be updating, so i guess i have to not play arma in a while :)

Edited by Medic113

How would I go about disabling the bandages, morphine, and epinephrine that are auto-added into my inventory in every mission?

I have weird problem with ace2 stable version for Arma2 standalone.

When I start my game without ace I do have the commanding voice like "All move 50m north". Once I start my game with Ace I cant hear it at all.

Any Ideas how to fix that?

I have weird problem with ace2 stable version for Arma2 standalone.

When I start my game without ace I do have the commanding voice like "All move 50m north". Once I start my game with Ace I cant hear it at all.

Any Ideas how to fix that?

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Radio_Silence

It's intentional, but can be changed via your userconfig.

hey, I cant seem to get earplugs to work, I've double checked my profile name, and it is written correctly in the .hpp file.

I have earplugs in my gear, but there is no option to wear them, in either the action menu or the "equipment/player" menu, what's wrong?

Edited by Neo Prophet