Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

They *should* be able to also target the gunner's laser, at least it worked in older versions when I actually tried it.

They DO work if you use the laser pointer as gunner, but the L's should be radar-guided, and that doesn't seem to work.

people on ace small issue with some APC an LAV an MBT, me have Ace 1.5 Beta and preveus version the gunner an commander stations magavaction power way at max an improssible get targets.. without ACE an back on default the magavaction level power back to normal where can zoom back an forth from normal to max power an back to normal again.

this max power zoom only need be fix.

I'm sure this has been asked before but finding something in this hella long thread and with the constant updating informations get invalid pretty fast I reckon so I just ask:

How do you get the AGM-114L Hellfires to work?

The K's are no problem, either tab the target as pilot with AI gunner or the laser thingie as gunner, but those damn L's wont hit anything. I've searched everywhere and read everything on this topic but couldn't find a working solution.

So could anyone please post a short step-by-step instruction to explain it?

Select the gun, right click a target or use tab to cycle through active ones, switch to L Hellfires (should be the next weapon) - target lock should be still present - fire.

people on ace small issue with some APC an LAV an MBT, me have Ace 1.5 Beta and preveus version the gunner an commander stations magavaction power way at max an improssible get targets.. without ACE an back on default the magavaction level power back to normal where can zoom back an forth from normal to max power an back to normal again.

this max power zoom only need be fix.

The magnification level on some tanks is fixed to a certain level - like the real counterpart. This is not a bug.

hallo

i get CTD everytime this game play, let say 20 - 30 minute. I playing warfare BE with ACE mod.

not with BE too, sometime when playing with editor, i get crash to :(

hallo

i get CTD everytime this game play, let say 20 - 30 minute. I playing warfare BE with ACE mod.

not with BE too, sometime when playing with editor, i get crash to :(

You need to be a bit more precise than that mate.

Are you running any other addons in conjunction with ACE?

Are the other players (and the server) running ACE when you're playing the Warfare Mission?

What errors, if any, are present in the .RPT file?

Do you get any form of error pop-up when the game crashes, i.e. out of memory?

Select the gun, right click a target or use tab to cycle through active ones, switch to L Hellfires (should be the next weapon) - target lock should be still present - fire.

Allright, that way it works:)

But only as gunner. Is there a way to do it as pilot with ai gunner?

I know ACE is designed for multiplayer, so not all features are AI compatible.

Now I haven't played Arma 2 in MP, yet; but don't CoOp maps like Domination or Evolution require the AI to do half the job? With ACE you couldn't have enemy Attack choppers at all, because the AI simply can't handle its weapons.

I've also noted that AI pilots tend to blow all their unguided rockets of their tubes once they spot an enemy (without hitting anything).

Can't seem to quite work this out, I'll post it here since it seems apt:

I put together a quick .sqs script to give our units a base loadout on starting operations; it works fine in SP but yesterday in MP we tried it and it gave everything.. apart from the backpacks. Which are quite important. It's a dedicated server, does that cause any extra reason for concern when it comes to calling functions and adding things to units? Here's the code:

_man = _this select 0

removeAllWeapons _man
_man removeWeapon "ACE_GlassesBalaklava"
_man removeWeapon "ACE_GlassesSpecial"
_man removeWeapon "ACE_GlassesGasMask_US"
_man removeWeapon "ItemGPS"

_man addWeapon "ACE_CharliePack"

_man addWeapon "ACE_P226"

_man addMagazine "ACE_15Rnd_9x19_P226"
_man addMagazine "ACE_15Rnd_9x19_P226"

_man addWeapon "ACE_M4A1_ACOG"

_man addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"
_man addMagazine "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_T_Stanag"
_man addMagazine "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_T_Stanag"

_man addWeapon "ACE_GlassesLHD_glasses"
_man addWeapon "ACE_GlassesTactical"
_man addWeapon "ACE_KeyCuffs"
_man addWeapon "ACE_Earplugs"
_man addWeapon "ACE_Map_Tools"
_man addWeapon "NVGoggles"
_man addWeapon "Binocular_Vector"

[_man, "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", 4] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine
[_man, "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_T_Stanag", 2] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine
[_man, "ACE_Knicklicht_G", 2] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine
[_man, "ACE_Knicklicht_Y", 2] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine
[_man, "ACE_Knicklicht_R", 2] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine
[_man, "ACE_Knicklicht_IR", 2] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine
[_man, "HandGrenade_West", 6] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine
[_man, "ACE_M84", 2] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine
[_man, "SmokeShell", 4] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine
[_man, "SmokeShellGreen", 2] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine
[_man, "SmokeShellRed", 2] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine
[_man, "SmokeShellOrange", 2] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine
[_man, "ACE_M34", 1] call ACE_fnc_PackMagazine

Edited by DaveP

I'll ask again...Where are all the ACE public servers? I be damned if I can find any.

Same question here. I played on GOL last evening but its hard to find any.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Err, I can't connect to Six Updater Network Main while trying to update ACE for OA

I get this error

Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): Unknown error.

Solutions anyone? Or I shall wait for the final stable release?

You need to be a bit more precise than that mate.

Are you running any other addons in conjunction with ACE?

Are the other players (and the server) running ACE when you're playing the Warfare Mission?

What errors, if any, are present in the .RPT file?

Do you get any form of error pop-up when the game crashes, i.e. out of memory?

sorry, false alarm :D

i play another game beside ArmA 2, but i appear it get CTD after 20 - 30 minutes. Check HardDisk, free space just left for 1 % LOL. Delete some unusefull data, defrag, game become smooth again :D :yay:

thanks for quick response mate :D

I'm having a minor issue with ace.

When I join my server I get a message saying "Bad Version, Server Connection Rejection"

My server is Combined Ops I believe, that's the general idea I got from the AOWC techs who changed my server for me. I do launch with CO through Steam when I try to play.

I've updated my A2 and my OA ACE separately.

Basically how do I get the message to stop popping up and be able to play on my server?

I have a teamspeak server to make talking about a solution easier.

My Server IP: 75.102.39.28:2302

Edited by Vande36

hey guys, did the hotkeys to activate the ACE menu change? cus im hitting that button to the left of the windows sign, and an ace menu comes up, but i cant use it, even thought i have earplus and glasses in my inventory, can anyone help me?

Have you updated your userconfig when you updated ACE? If you did then you have to go there and replace "John Doe" with your profile name again.

no i dont know if i did, but everytime i load a missio nit says user config is outdated or something? how do i update it?

no i dont know if i did, but everytime i load a missio nit says user config is outdated or something? how do i update it?

Extract the userconfig.tar from your ace\store folder. move the files to your userconfig\ace folder and replace the old ones. then edit them to your liking.

okay i did all that, now that error doesnt show up anymore, but i still cant use my goggles, earplugs? I hit the key that brings up the ace goggle ,gear menu but it is not highlighted an i can do anything, yet i haveboth goggles and earplugs in my inventory, why??

okay i did all that, now that error doesnt show up anymore, but i still cant use my goggles, earplugs? I hit the key that brings up the ace goggle ,gear menu but it is not highlighted an i can do anything, yet i haveboth goggles and earplugs in my inventory, why??

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Userconfig

Player Identity

In order to use goggles and masks properly, ACE2 needs to know information about your player profile. Alter the Identity section in the ..\ArmA2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp file to match your player profile.

Is there any way to make the AI more accurate? As it stands when they see an enemy they fire in almost every other direction but at the actual target they are attempting to hit. It's really absurd how completely inaccurate and wasteful of ammunition the AI can be at times.

For example in many instances with a couple AI attacking you if they are bunched together they will actually friendly fire each other since they are shooting like crazed lunatics in all directions. Automatic Rifleman and Machine Gunners are the worst because they have the most ammunition to waste before reload and will typically be responsible for these types of FF incidents.

I realize this was probably done to make firefights longer and/or more intense but in the end I think all it really does is make the AI less of a challenge compared to what they're capable of in stock ArmA 2/OA.

Based on my observations:

At 15-100m an enemy AI needs ~50 rounds to hit you.

At 15-300m an enemy AI needs 100-200 rounds to kill you.

At 400m+ distance an enemy AI will in most cases be unable to hit you.

Is there any way to make the AI more accurate? As it stands when they see an enemy they fire in almost every other direction but at the actual target they are attempting to hit. It's really absurd how completely inaccurate and wasteful of ammunition the AI can be at times.

Are you/the server running ZeusAI by any chance?

You can always change your ArmA2OAProfile manually to make the AI more accurate.

skillFriendly=1;
skillEnemy=0.60000002;
[b]precisionFriendly=1;
precisionEnemy=1;[/b]

You can always change your ArmA2OAProfile manually to make the AI more accurate.

skillFriendly=1;
skillEnemy=0.60000002;
[b]precisionFriendly=1;
precisionEnemy=1;[/b]

Thanks.

I think for now I'll just use ACE without ace_c_ai_rof, ace_c_ai_skill, and ace_c_ai_sensors pbos. Pretty sure thats whats causing the AI to fire at nothing and waste magazine after magazine.

Hmm...

I think ive seen in some games AI fire when running(not walking, RUNNING)

and fire when crawling/prone too. And i remember their weapon being swung

all over, spitting bullets.

Is that some bug in vanilla or something else..

It's a vanilla issue, because the AI have a "hidden" burst fire mode that they use when engaging because it looks better than tapping out single shots with an M249. Quite often they will shoot an enemy and kill him, then start to move (with the gun still firing the burst). This is usually seen with machinegunners/automatic riflemen.

Maybe its only my problem, but when I throw smoke grenade and get closer to it in 3rd person, the camera just zoom in and I have to go away from the "smoke area" to get back to normal 3rd person view.

This only happen with ACE addon, default(no addons) Arma2:CO/OA does not have this problem.

Screen:

http://i37.tinypic.com/2zpqrd5.jpg