Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

I am having a hard time finding servers with mods on in A2OA, in ArmA2 i could easily find servers with some kind of mods allowed but that is almost non exsistent what do you think the reason is? I can only find one server with ACE allowed and players on in my server browser

Er, I'm not too sure. But I know I'm using the OA version of ACE and downloaded the cba from armaholic.

Yeah that error shows up every time for players actually showing script errors (which is what the -showscripterrors parameter does). I'm sure it was noticed and fixed in next version?

The community addons returns some errors. I can't download some of the files from it. I have most of it though, but I'm missing about 100mb because it won't download.

The Remote server returned an Error

Fixed it..please try again. Thanks.

Cross

"Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found."

I get that everytime I launch ARMA2 CO.

I can't get ingame or anything >.<

All files are downloaded from Addonsync.

move ace folder to another directory and then load the game. make sure cba is disabled enabled. restart the game and enable something else (eg ace_x) then quit. put ace back into arma 2 folder and launch game. then enable ace and probably cba will have disabled it self so enable that as well and it should work.

My friend is trying to download the mod, but every time he starts the updater, the red page will never load for him. Is there any reason why it won't go to that red page?

every time he starts the updater, the red page will never load for him

I have this issue now and then, too ... in my case the browser opens a new browser-window which says "page couldn't be loaded" or something like that ... then I just "reload/refresh" the page in that browser-windows itself and ... bingo ... the red six-updater-main page opens afterwards.

maybe this helps in your friend's case, too

New problem...

I got it to open up now.

I can go ingame and play, but once I engage in combat, the game freezes for a few seconds then resumes, then a few seconds later it will CTD.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Also there's an issue with the display not being centered.

The chatbox is low to where I can only see old messages, and the gear menu is clunky. So my hud is partially off screen.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:48 PM ----------

Ok, I only enabled ACE this time without any of the community addons and it works the way it should. But I want to use the expansions to it, but then it gets completely bugged to where I am unable to play.

Left or Right Windows key by default. See your ACE keys file to be sure.

The Self Interaction key isn't in the ace_keys file, is it?

Here's the exact problem. If I shoot someone, as in the bullet actually hits them, my game with CTD.

I have all the addons enabled from what I got from addonsync.

Is there a way to add ACEX little birds to the main unit editor (not just the armory and missions wizard) in a version in which they have been removed?

zooloo75: sounds pretty grim. Check your .rpt file to see if there are any scary looking errors. And try reinstalling the mod, perhaps with a different method or use an older stable release. And check your BI patches.

New problem...

I got it to open up now.

How did you fix the error?

BTW, I can't seem to use my gasmask, even when I changed my userconfig. I equipped it, and I see a black bar meant for those accessories

Hey,

I have a little problem,

I searched the forums and found nothing,

so if the answer is here somewhere, well I am sorry.

I have Arma2 and Arma2 OA, both from two separate retail DVDs.

both are installed with their latest patch.

they were merged automatically during install and all is working fine.

I installed ACE for OA with the SIX updater.

Problem is that the weapon name overlay

(the one that usually is placed at the upper right corner)

is now in the middle of the screen!!!

I played the game without ACE and the problem is gone,

with ACE, it's there.

I did not have that problem with the original Arma2 and ACE.

This is breaking the game for me so I am not playing with ACE atm,

Any help is appreciated,

Thank you,

Bez.

Ok, I spent so many hours last night just troubleshooting. I activated a few mods at a time and checked until the game would bug out.

I found the mods that came with the addonsync download that made the game bug out to where it doesn't work or to where it has some glitches.

GL4

OPX

PedagneMod_b1 (This is what made my bug to where if I shot someone the game would CTD)

six_aiaktalik

SIX_WTK

theFew

Those mods caused bugs.

But now I still have one more bug, actually two.

My hud is changed. I have a circle radar in the bottom center of my screen with a list of names of who is in my group, instead of the icons of soldiers.

The names go offscreen at times when I have alot.

Also my chatbox is still off screen.

It is too low to where I don't see the most recent message.

I also get "No entry 'bin\config.bin/RSCingameUI/RscHint/Background.type' as soon as the game gets loaded to the menu, along with another error message, and I also get this when I go ingame.

And other errors such as that when I add a unit in editor.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

But atleast I now have the mod working, and I love it! I just had an intense jungle war! :D

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Let me add to the list.

RKSL causes the bug about missing something whenever I try to place a unit in the editor.

Now to find out which mod causes the error about an RSC or something whenever I start the game.

ok im having a hard time figuring out the wounded system, how do i give morphine and drag, it dosent pop up when i scroll?

Interaction key (default windows key)

dosent work, do i have to enable the wounded mod? if so were do i do it?

If you made the mission, you need to place the module that enables the wounding system. If you don't place it, the game will keep the simple vanilla system, where a medic simply heals any wounded and there's no such thing as being "incapacitated but heal-able".

If you made the mission, you need to place the module that enables the wounding system. If you don't place it, the game will keep the simple vanilla system, where a medic simply heals any wounded and there's no such thing as being "incapacitated but heal-able".

where do i find it? and how do i move it into the mission folder?

sorry for such noob questions, just getting used to computers.

Edited by M1Garand

where do i find it? and how do i move it into the mission folder?

sorry for such noob questions, just getting used to computers.

In the Editor under Modules.

EDIT:

Great update today guys! Good stuff in the changelog.

Thank you to all involved.

Edited by Manzilla

[uGAF] OA + A2 Public & YAS Repo updated to 384 A.C.E.

Mod Version

@ACE 384

@ACEX 260

@ACEX_SM 54

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/UGAF_OA+A2_Server.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/OA_ACE/modreopo.7z

For those who just have ArmA2 the ACE stable 373 can be found at the following:

[uGAF] @ACE Server & YAS Repo

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/UGAF_ACE_Server.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Server/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthre...d=591#post_591