Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

They seem incomplete / rushed

They have unrealistic loadouts which are not correctly solveable due to the models. Examples are the Mortar and Gun strykers that have features missing.

They lack 3rd position (Commander)

They lack interiors

This :)

Also: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Changes_in_ACE_for_OA+Operation_Arrowhead#Strykers

Most strykers hidden (scope 1 to remove from editor), but there are non-desert ACE Strykers available atm. You can still spawn them with createVehicle or manual mission.sqm editing

ACE desert strykers are planned.

Evaluate at a future patch.

And

The ACE replacements are atm available as non-desert camo, we are working on desert-texes.

Medic was missing but re-enabled for next upd.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12381#note-14

Hang on! :cool:

Can someone tell me where I can download ACE. Getting sick of the Six installer. Ran perfect until OA came out. I can't figure out what it's doing anymore. Doesn't appear to be putting the correct ACE files in the A2 directory. I want to install this the old fashioned way and know that I did it right. On top of that, it updated itself and now Ruby or whatever it is crashes in Windows 7 so I cant use it anyway.

Thanks!

ACE for OA is in beta atm, so the only way to download is through SIX or YAS. Once the stable release comes out, you can grab it from Armaholic like any other mod.

For SIX updater support, have a look here. :thumbsup:

That OA version of ACE is working fine. I just need to get A2's ace up and running. One other thing, when do I need to use CBA_OA? Do I need that at all for ACE for A2?

That OA version of ACE is working fine. I just need to get A2's ace up and running. One other thing, when do I need to use CBA_OA? Do I need that at all for ACE for A2?

Oh, well for A2 you need the last stable build 1.3.

CBA_OA is for OA standalone

CBA_A2 is for A2 standalone

CBA is for Combined Ops

moar info: http://dev-heaven.net/news/434

Hope that helps.

Edited by AnimalMother92
cba news link

Thanks for the info. That helps but where does CBA need to be installed? In the A2 dir or the OA dir?

Edited by nuggetz

Not 100% sure on this one, as I don't have access to my desktop right now, but I believe only the ongoing dev versions (for OA) are on SIX (see http://updater.dev-heaven.net/mods/index). ACE for A2 is just downloaded as a 7z from my earlier link. Might be a good idea to rename the old, stable mod folders for A2 to avoid confusion.

Shouldn't have to have one in the first place imo :( The decision to remove them from the editor is utter blolocks. Perhaps they will be removing the Mk16 because its not in use.

You did ever test the BIS Strykers, didn't you. Your post makes clear you have absolutely no clue whats that all about.

FFS, I guess no one of you ever checked out the Strykers we added and compared them to the ones coming with OA. Just the flashy desert tan in your eyes and every other sense is gone.

In the end we will still see only BIS Strykers ingame, destroying the complete immersion set up by ACE.

I guess I can disable the ACE Strykers therefore.

You did ever test the BIS Strykers, didn't you. Your post makes clear you have absolutely no clue whats that all about.

FFS, I guess no one of you ever checked out the Strykers we added and compared them to the ones coming with OA. Just the flashy desert tan in your eyes and every other sense is gone.

In the end we will still see only BIS Strykers ingame, destroying the complete immersion set up by ACE.

AHHHHHHHH hang in there King Homer. Youve converted me after reading the Dev Heaven info. Im a believer now. There is a huge difference beyond the color of the vehicle guys. Let them sort out The ACE strykers vs BIS but dont take the ACE ones out King. That would be a disaster.

Issue 1: Im trying to add M240 belts to the Ace Rucks and its not working, I can add other items, mags, whatever just no M240 belts.

Issue 2: Every time I preview my mission at the start I receive "Script ItemRadio not found" prompt, I never received this error in vanilla CA with the same script structure. Whatever it says its not finding obviously is not true because the script still adds the items to my soldier. I am using this in a .sqs script called in a units init field:

[this] exec "us_ace_ag.sqs";

_unit = _this select 0
removeAllWeapons _unit
removeAllItems _unit
_unit addweapon "ItemRadio"
_unit addweapon "ItemWatch"
_unit addweapon "ItemMap"
_unit addweapon "ItemCompass"
_unit addweapon "ItemGPS"
_unit addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"
_unit addMagazine "HandGrenade_West"
_unit addMagazine "HandGrenade_West"
_unit addMagazine "SmokeShell"
_unit addMagazine "SmokeShell"
_unit addWeapon "M4A1_AIM"
_unit addWeapon "NVGoggles"
_unit addWeapon "Binocular"
_unit selectWeapon "M4A1_AIM"
_unit addMagazine "ACE_Bandage"
_unit addWeapon "ACE_VTAC_RUSH72"
[_unit, "100Rnd_762x51_M240", 1] call ACE_Sys_Ruck_fnc_AddMagToRuck
[_unit, "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", 1] call ACE_Sys_Ruck_fnc_AddMagToRuck
[_unit, "HandGrenade_West", 1] call ACE_Sys_Ruck_fnc_AddMagToRuck

Exit

Am I doing something wrong? I hope this was the right place to post this.:confused:

Wow chill-out man, I don't think people want you to take out the ACE Strykers, They just want an option to "Unhide" the BIS Strykers.

Don't take things too personal my friend :cheers:

Issue 1: Im trying to add M240 belts to the Ace Rucks and its not working, I can add other items, mags, whatever just no M240 belts.

You're using the wrong command. Check http://dev-heaven.net/docs/ace/index/Functions.html for the correct one.

Issue 2: Every time I preview my mission at the start I receive "Script ItemRadio not found" prompt, I never received this error in vanilla CA with the same script structure.

Sounds to me like you've got ACRE running. If you do, disable it, then check their FAQ.

Ok, what the hell have I done?

I can't start OA without ACE anymore.

I have combined operations, but I've been using the tool to switch between A2+OA and OA. And now it doesn't matter what I choose, or what shortcut or executable I use.

ACE is starting whatever I do. Help?

Edit:

Ok, i bypassed it by renaming the ACE folders. Still, very wierd.

Edited by crazyrobban

Dont know if its been said allready but I get flickering HUD in helicopters and the "silenced" weapons dont seem so silent anymore, just as loud as unsilenced

I believe they are already in there, to be used with the Surrendering module. Or do you mean something else?

Oh, thanks.

Ok, what the hell have I done?

I can't start OA without ACE anymore.

I have combined operations, but I've been using the tool to switch between A2+OA and OA. And now it doesn't matter what I choose, or what shortcut or executable I use.

ACE is starting whatever I do. Help?

Edit:

Ok, i bypassed it by renaming the ACE folders. Still, very wierd.

You probably activated ACE through the "expansions" menu in-game? Don't do that if you have any idea how to use a command line and/or any kind of launcher, and your life will be easier.

Someone on the ACRE thread posted which file in your documets\Arma 2 directory has that data saved, you can either look it up on that thread or just go through the files there to find it...

can someone tell me why the tripods dont work in OA or CO

The tripods in ACE work fine for me in CO. You have to go to the interaction menu (default is Right App Key I believe) and deploy it.

I'm having problems getting on to some (most) servers.

80% of servers are red and if I try to connect I always get a message about addons not being signed.

I'm up to date with ACE so what am I doing wrong?

Help

The tripods in ACE work fine for me in CO. You have to go to the interaction menu (default is Right App Key I believe) and deploy it.

No Ctrl-Shift anymore?

SAbre, you probably mean bipods, he was talking about tripods.

I'm having problems getting on to some (most) servers.

80% of servers are red and if I try to connect I always get a message about addons not being signed.

I'm up to date with ACE so what am I doing wrong?

Help

Make sure the latest "bikeys" for your addons are in the "keys" folder. Not every addon furnishes keys but the ones that do usually put them in their own folder with the extension ".bikey". The ACE key is in the "store" folder.

Keys only go in the "keys" folder, don't copy any other folder to this directory, just the key.

Six Updater will process keys for you, which is a handy little feature!

Make sure the latest "bikeys" for your addons are in the "keys" folder. Not every addon furnishes keys but the ones that do usually put them in their own folder with the extension ".bikey". The ACE key is in the "store" folder.

As a client the only thing you need are the bisign files in the same folder as the addon pbo files.

bikey files belong into the server keys folder.

Xeno

And make sure the server ALLOWES Ace and maybe even have them

on..

If the server ISNT an ace server, you will NOT be able to log in..