Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

And in the meantime:

class CfgPatches {

class Stryker_Enabler {
units[] = {};
weapons[] = {};
requiredVersion = 0.100000;
requiredAddons[] = {"acex_veh_stryker", "acex_c_vehicle", "acex_main", "ace_sys_vehicle", "ace_c_vehicle"};
};
};

class CfgVehicles {

/*extern*/ class StrykerBase_EP1;
/*extern*/ class M1126_ICV_BASE_EP1;

// Stryker Re-enabler

class M1126_ICV_M2_EP1 : M1126_ICV_BASE_EP1
{
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "M1126 Stryker ICV (M2) (D)";
};

class M1126_ICV_mk19_EP1 : M1126_ICV_BASE_EP1
{
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "M1126 Stryker ICV (Mk.19) (D)";
};

class M1130_CV_EP1 : M1126_ICV_M2_EP1
{
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "M1130 Stryker CV (D)";
};

class M1129_MC_EP1 : M1126_ICV_mk19_EP1
{
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "M1129 Stryker MC (D)";
};

class M1135_ATGMV_EP1 : StrykerBase_EP1
{
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "M1134 Stryker ATGMV (D)";
};

class M1128_MGS_EP1 : StrykerBase_EP1
{
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "M1128 Stryker MGS (D)";
};

class M1133_MEV_EP1 : StrykerBase_EP1
{
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "M1133 Stryker MEV (D)";
};		
};

Save that lot as a config.cpp, stick it in some folder, pbo it and you're good to go. I've added (D) tags to each vehicle to show that it's the desert colours, and not the woodland ones that ACE provides. Compare the 2 M2 ones side by side, they go together nicely. :)

I think it's better if they just leave both the ACE & BIS Strykers in the Editor list.

Same, I can see probably editing them graphically or adding realistic features to them, but removing them entirely?

Did you get the RPT entry when connecting to a dedicated server ?

If so, then please report it in the CBA bug tracker.

Xeno

no self server. OOps must have misunderstood what hosted game means. Non-dedi server I presume.

I've got an odd issue.

The last two times I've played ACE with Combined Operations, when I parachute drop (in a Domination mission) as soon as I touch the ground, the game crashes with a "OA has stopped working" error. .RPT file says:

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 004622B7
graphics:  D3D9, Device: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280, Driver:nvd3dum.dll 8.17.12.5896
resolution:  1920x1200x32

<bunch of file lists>

Distribution: 1491
Version 1.52.72291
Fault address:  004622B7 01:000612B7 z:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
file:     Domination%202%2e22 (__CUR_MP)
world:    Takistan
Prev. code bytes: 57 DB 8B 94 24 48 02 00 00 8B 8C 24 4C 02 00 00
Fault code bytes: 8B 02 8B 72 04 BF 01 00 00 00 3B CF 89 4C 24 24

Registers:
EAX:FFFFFF00 EBX:00000004
ECX:00000000 EDX:00000000
ESI:00000000 EDI:00000000
CS:EIP:0023:004622B7
SS:ESP:002B:017DC428  EBP:017DC704
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00010246
=======================================================
note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\MavericK\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.mdmp

Using the latest beta. Could that be the issue? I can post the mdump if necessary as well.

hi guys i just installed ace for OA threw six updater now whats the best way to find servers running ace the ingame server browser?

Update: Just played the same Domination mission but with no ACE mod, and parajumping worked just fine with no crash. So this is definitely an ACE issue in how it handles paradrops.

Good job ACE team, as usual. Can't wait to try it.

Would it be possible to include zipcuffs in the equipment section for detaining people?

Update: Just played the same Domination mission but with no ACE mod, and parajumping worked just fine with no crash. So this is definitely an ACE issue in how it handles paradrops.

We are aware of the parajump issues:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12220

If you look closely it's not an ACE ticket but a CIT ticket.

Xeno

was reading the features list in Devheaven and it sounds like they are real close to releasing the mortar system. How exciting... also love that new arty calculator.. very slick. Hope they can get together with the r3f boys to create a like interface.

Are compatible ace_sm with hifi and tracked vehicles sound mods?

Would it be possible to include zipcuffs in the equipment section for detaining people?

I believe they are already in there, to be used with the Surrendering module. Or do you mean something else?

I think it's better if they just leave both the ACE & BIS Strykers in the Editor list.

I've only just learned of this, ACE I don't think it's fair to remove content from Arma 2, if people want to use ACE then surely they can make their own decisions to "Not" use a certain vehicle due to it not being realistic?

I for one have paid good money for OA as have many others here, and now the content is erased because a mod team sees fit... is there no choice for the users? Perhaps a config option?

I've only just learned of this, ACE I don't think it's fair to remove content from Arma 2, if people want to use ACE then surely they can make their own decisions to "Not" use a certain vehicle due to it not being realistic?

I for one have paid good money for OA as have many others here, and now the content is erased because a mod team sees fit... is there no choice for the users? Perhaps a config option?

It is NOT erased, just hidden. As the ACE team have pointed out several times. FPDR

Reread this if you want them back.

Just got OA and installed ACE using six updater without a hitch but I found a problem.

My AT soldiers don't have any AT weapons.

Any ideas?

edit

Forget that, I selected Assisstant LOL

Oops

Edited by GTO

Shouldn't have to have one in the first place imo :( The decision to remove them from the editor is utter blolocks. Perhaps they will be removing the Mk16 because its not in use.

Edited by Hellfire257

That is good news then Animalmother, and Simon I know they are just hidden, but do you honestly expect ALL users to go around and create their own addons to re-enable the content? Or perhaps they should be using hard coding via createVehicle given that 95% of the A2 community is familiar with map editing... Not. FPDR

Shouldn't have to have one in the first place imo :( The decision to remove them from the editor is utter blolocks. Perhaps they will be removing the Mk16 because its not in use.

Yes, the Mk16 will be removed. The HK416 will be moved to either ACEX_NO, or ACEX_JMSDF.

Other things slated to be removed is the BTR-40 MG, because the gun lacks the correct front sight post, the CROWS Mk19 HMMWV, and the UH-60 (those dust filters are all wrong).

Nothing I just said is true

We are aware of the parajump issues:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12220

If you look closely it's not an ACE ticket but a CIT ticket.

Xeno

Thanks for the info. I checked the ACE tracker but I didn't find it, presumably because it was in the CIT. :cool:

While I heard a lot of complaints about the strykers, I haven't actually seen why they were disabled? I mean, there must be a reason?